[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

France

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: france2.jpg (153KB, 1000x949px) Image search: [Google]
france2.jpg
153KB, 1000x949px
France General

Literally the GOAT country. How am I supposed to choose where to go and what to see when every single city on this map looks beautiful and worth seeing?
>>
/pol/ incoming 3, 2, 1...
>>
>>1269751
>What are your interests?
>Go to the city that matches them.
>>
>>1269767
my interests are just good food, grand cathedrals, beautiful old towns.

Literally every city here has all of those things
>>
>>1269769

you can sort by general regionalism.

like paris, north with Lille and normady, east with britany, west is not really interresting honestly.
then you have all of the south, west south is very nice, east is even better because of the mediteranean sea being goat sea.
then corsica which literaly look like heave.

i'm from south east close to marseille, i would suggest you rent a car, and just go village after village on whatever region. you have restaurant with michelin star pretty much everywhere, and if you want an advice to determine if a restaurant is good or shit, just look at the menu and if they offer more than 5 different dish that mean the place is shit tourist hive
>>
>>1270415
the country itself is undeniably beautiful

its inhabitants in some parts can be undesirable but I hope France can fix this issue soon
>>
>>1270668
Stop feeding the underaged virgin troll. He gets off on attention.
>>
>>1270674
Virtue signaling faggots like yourself are just as big attention whores
>>
>>1270689
Fuck off idiot, kys
>>
The world's finest nation, I hope it can survive.
>>
>>1269751
Watch the Tour de France.
>>
>>1269751
Well I hope you speak fluent French because you're going to be constantly made fun of if not. You can get on the buses for free but not the subway. They're niggers like that.
Also the city is dirty, assuming you're from America. Not just graffiti but there're brown water stains running down the apartments and broken everything.

There are drug stores, which kinda remidns you of 50's America before Wal-Mart and supermarkets became a thing.

There are no racial tensions, so that's interesting. They don't overly fawn over blacks and muslims like American liberals do.

That being said, everyone pretends they don't understand you, they sometimes try to derail you from where you're going if you ask random passser-byers directions (only ask blacks with white babies, I don't understand the combination but it works. Black males will derail you and whites will be rude to you. I'm hot so maybe it's just my experience but try black females with white-ish babies. They have some weird fetish for us).

Oh god I could go on forever. Every 30 minutes you'll run across at least three piles of dog shit you almost step into. Random French liberals will berate you if you're doing something taboo (anything military or right winged-related, like protesting for free speech). You have to say BON ZHOOOrr (with the r dropping and almost asphixiated. Like you almost don't pronounce it) to EVERYONE. No matter how small the matter is, whether it's their god damned job to hand you a bag or not. You MUST say BONJOUUUUUR. I could really go on and on about the disgusting minorities, the white french girls are cute. Also if you're American, they can spot you a mile away. It's not really a style of dress that is specifically western but they know, and I now know, what an American looks like.
>>
>>1271392
I'd have a brain aneurysm explaining the stupid shit. If you speak Spanish that is great because that's the second most spoken language they speak but they speak shit for English or any other language, and they butcher spanish at that because I spoke better spanish than them and I had never had a full conversation. Go to Au Chan, it's their wal-mart. You can get away with things tat aren't necessarily regulatory (like it's pretty easy to bribe them to do something, specifically the blacks)

As an American you can also throw your weight around a bit if you're in a pinch. I had the airport set up a hotel I could sleep at and they spelled my name wrong and the god damned machines were booked, presumably with my name in it (I found out my name sounds like Charles in French, go to starbucks to figure yours out).

I've lived in a few cities there and I must say, after you get over the fact that it's France and the rose-colored glasses break off your face, you're going to find a really shitty city. Never lived in the countryside but I have in suburbs right next to the country and it's been similar everywhere I've been.

You're real fanatic about it, it seems, so head over there and see for yourself. You'll only notice the good things at first and then you'll justify the shitty things once you pay note of it.

I got random people taking photos of me without my permission, disgusting migrants obviously, tricking me into looking at camera. At least San Franciscans ask to take your photo. Seriously your op is so retarded I'm sure you'll enjoy walking in shit piles.
>>
>>1271395
I don't want to be too negative, it's great to visit. The reputation itself is fantastic and it's great seeing little, gain water run down, villages that you know have been there for thousands of years. I honestly get a bigger kick out of seeing those villages than the castles. I would not recommend haphazardly moving there. There was a post about traveling while introverted. Their homeless shelters, like all European ones, except maybe Northern Europe, are terrible. You can see exactly why they revolted and murdered each other in a way that was not visible to British or their expatriots.

The music of French people is a little comical. I remember watching a black rapper acting like a badass and telling off the schoolmaster and then it turns into a Disney channel music video as they all become best friends. I'm really done, explore it on your own. Actually last one, the hostels are the dirtiest I've ever been in. If you're a young guy the old men may ask you to be a part of their dinner circles, with his older friends (of men and women) but the showers will have SHIT in them and they will NOT be cleaned.

Everyone says waiters are rude but that hasn't been my experience. They aren't attendant to business but they are French respectable. They'll do their best to make everyone happy just don't ask them to actually do their job.

It's definitely a culture shock and probably, based on your op, not what you're expecting. International French people are a quite tolerable, especially the older men.
>>
>>1271398
rrevolted against the rich** I'm out
>>
>>1271398
>>1271395
>>1271392
wew what is this

You're right about the dog shit though.
>>
>>1271406
Have you visited outside France? I'll just ask if you've visited America as that's what I'm contrasting
>>
>>1271406
Maybe disgusting buildings everywhere and rude people are endemic to MedEuro. The hostel I was specifically referring to was St Christophers but I haven't been the only one to notice it. France is simply a hedonistic, disgusting country once you pull back the layers. Sure they read books but that'll probably drop off as well since Simone and all them died a generation ago. I never saw young people reading as the older generation did, which is certainly more than any of our American generations did
>>
>>1271406
Honestly the only thing that makes Int French people great is they realize the pitfalls of French society. Not that they sulk about it but they don't buy into their own shit. They'll explain the very small vocabulary of French compared to English as a reason French people don't learn many languages
>>
If someone is nice to you they'll pretend to speak in French with you around other French people. I mean it's that catty
>>
I wonder who would win in a chicken dinner bout. American black or French waiter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cQHQIhJbeFo
>>
>>1271408
I've visited France and America, yes.
>>
>>1271418
Where are you from? Reference so I know which country not to visit, since you find none of this anormal
>>
>>1271415
>>1271411
Again, it's not until you leave that you notice any of this crap as being maligning and retarded. In the moment you're simply caught up in the romanticism. Live there for a few months and the rose tinted glasses slightly dull.
>>
>>1270748
kys, you kike bastard
>>
>>1271392
Sounds like you went to Paris, and without using the "Paris isn' France" meme I gotta admit this city is its own world and is very different from every other regions
Also I don't see the issue with greeting every people you're about to interact with, people whose job is to "hand you a bag" deserve as much respect as the ones in charge of flying your ass from one country to another
>>
>>1271392
>>1271395
>>1271398

So heres the thing re: the langauge, the only way you will ever reach operational fluency is if you spend a ton of time in France. but that grimy part of the language learning process where you are beyond the beginner phase (eliciting pity) but not quite fluent (they will adore you) requires you to speak French pretty fucking poorly and they'd honestly rather you go around screaming HELLO HOW ARE YOU at people than butchering pronunciation and grammar. so you have to endure that for as long as it takes for you to be able to make the right sounds and understand their little grammatical quirks. that's the hard part.

no amount of independent study or travel to other francophone nations (Quebec French will earn you more derision than strictly being anglophone) will really ease this. you have to speak French the way they speak it and then you get the red carpet pretty much anywhere you go.
>>
>>1271681
>Quebec French will earn you more derision than strictly being anglophone

I second this
Most French people like Québec even if they never visited, but can't take the accent seriously at all
So do not attempt to learn French in Québec in order to move to France after
>>
>>1271534
That was the most of my concerns but it was in the south of France as well. They're all so disgusting

>>1271681
That's fine but it's still a dog shit infested shit-hole
>>
>>1271392
>>1271395
>>1271398
You sound like a frantic cunt and you probably dreamed all the stupid anecdotes you mentioned.
>>
>>1271786
South of France is pretty broad. Marseille is much different than Arles and Avignon.

I found the center and Brittany/Normandy to be by far the most pleasant parts of the country.
>>
File: 232132.jpg (87KB, 1255x915px) Image search: [Google]
232132.jpg
87KB, 1255x915px
why the FUCK is it so expensive to travel around France? I just want to take a fucking train from Lyon to Nice and the cheapest is a 8 hour half bus/half train ride for 55 euros

What the fuck. Who said that traveling around europe is cheap? I can't even travel between french cities without breaking my fucking bank account
>>
Gonna be in Colmar for a day and a half on August 1-2, is it worth it to take a wine tour or should I just stay and town and fuck off until I leave?
>>
>>1271885
https://shop.flixbus.com/search?adults=1&children=0&bikes=0&departureStation=&arrivalStation=&departureCity=3498&arrivalCity=6608&rideDate=26.07.2017&oneway=&backRideDate=26.07.2017&adults=&children=&bikes=&_locale=en&form_build_id=form-K_fwiIh1RmNCblZz_kw8VeSU3bR7EUcKo_wuXr7Ld1Y&form_id=fb_search_form_main
'cept.
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.