[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is South Korea as bad as its it's made out to be?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 257
Thread images: 21

File: download.png (4KB, 274x184px) Image search: [Google]
download.png
4KB, 274x184px
I see a lot of comments calling it a shit hole and undeveloped and wondering if it's true. I'd really appreciate if anyone whos had any first hand experience would chime in with their experiences
>>
i didn't think it was a shithole or undeveloped, just boooooring.
>>
>>1269456
Thanks for your input, I'm glad to here it's not as run down as I thought it was
>>
>>1269455
>>1269456
ok weebs, we get it, you hate korea
now go back to /jp/ or something, you are infesting this board
>>
>>1269463
I want to like Korea but I can't find anyone whos been there say they enjoyed it and why
>>
>>1269455
Ive been there
Its clean and wealthy, but sooooooooo boring.

Altough the landscape is pretty nice, the culture is almost not worth seeing. Japan and china are alot better!
>>
>>1269465
dont try to hide your weeb side, anon
>>
Thanks for the information guys
>>
>>1269474
>being this gullible
mate it a few retarded weebs somehow trick you into believe that there is nothing interesting in a country with 50 million people and the second largest city in east asia, I don't know what to tell you. grow a brain maybe
>>
>asking about a non-Japan Asian country on 4chan

You're doing it wrong. The weebs here actively wish for a second Meiji Restoration where Imperial Japan can be revived and glory be restored to the elegant, refined, chivalrous, honorable, polite, orderly, perfect Nipponese ultrahumans.
>>
>>1269476
All these people are some sort of group of weebs. Better thing to do is to report and ignore them
>>
>>1269463
>weeb
japan was also boring
>>
The fuck is wrong with people in this thread?

Firstly, OP, where did you hear that Korea is a shithole / underdeveloped? I've never heard of that stereotype. It's one of the few truly developed countries in Asia. Seoul is one of the most advanced and developed places I've ever been. Busan and Daegu are excellent as well. Is Korea as immaculate as Japan? No, but it's far from being a shithole. The only way you could think it's underdeveloped is if you only stayed in fishing villages.

And then there's the people who say Korea is boring. What the fuck? I lived in a tiny-ass city and still had plenty to do. Assuming you're a tourist, you could spend weeks here without getting bored. Karaoke, soju bars, temples, shopping, hiking, exploring, cycling...the amount of things to do is exhaustive, and the idea that Korea is more boring than any other country is absurd. Not only that, but unlike Japan, prices in Korea are actually reasonable. Transportation between cities is cheap, hostels are cheap, food is cheap, night life is absurdly cheap. The cost of goods is lower than Europe and America. So not only is there plenty to do, but it's extremely accessible.
>>
>>1269512
They are weebs anon, dont waste time on them
>>
>>1269512
defensive much? korea is boring as shit. like, belgium-tier boring. everything that you mention is like someone read about it in a book, then decided to make an animatronic replication of it. and before the anon raving about weebs gets assblasted over my post, japan wasn't significantly better.

china=cambodia>>>>>>japan>korea
>>
>>1269542
>everything that you mention is like someone read about it in a book,

You say this and then say China is better...lmao.

Guess we're just not enough of a Real Traveler like you.
>>
File: TOPKEK.jpg (4KB, 240x144px) Image search: [Google]
TOPKEK.jpg
4KB, 240x144px
>>1269554
>china
>Real Traveler
>mfw
lol. i list 4 of the top 6 most mainstream asian countries and you think i'm having a Real Traveler dick-measuring contest? but fell free to keep throwing around ad hominims to defend you're boring-ass travelfu, faggot.
>>
>>1269554
>thinks china is outlandish enough to be real traveller material

God I wish you weebs would stick to the Japan general and not leave. Korea isn't that exciting, neither is Japan, if you're going to Asia there are so many better place to go OP. You do sound like you're concerned about cleanliness though, so maybe stick to the boring parts of Asia after all...
>>
>>1269554
>leaving "animatronic replication" off the quote
that's the most important part of the post, dumbfuck. korea's like a low budget Asialand theme park.
>>
>>1269465
I lived there for ten years. Most say it's true about being boring if you don't know where to go. Just go downtown anywhere and get lost. You'll find enough fun places that way. Transportation is so easy you can find your way back home even when you're drunk and don't speak their language.
>>
>>1269579
>i-it's not boring
>you just have to be drunk to enjoy it!
>>
>>1269455
Definitely not a shithole. Lived there for a year, it's particular, so you either love it or get bored fast since you're not interacting with the koreans
>>
>>1269581
>Doesn't know the language of the country he lives in
>IT'S BORING

Suddenly this thread makes sense.
>>
boring or not boring aside, it is pretty much just like Japan, except worse.

So if you were bored in Japan you will be even more bored in Korea. If you enjoyed Japan, you will enjoy Korea, just less.

No real reason to pick it over Japan or any other Asian country unless you're looking for easy sex.
>>
Korea also has no culture. It was a Chinese province for thousands of years, then Japan came in and civilized them, giving them schools, roads and hospitals. So the culture is not unique at all. South Korea really is just a discount version of Japan.
>>
>>1269465
that's because it's not an enjoyable country to travel to. pretty fucking simple.
>>
Let's assume that I don't care that the country is a worse version of every other Asian country. What are the best months to go for 2 weeks?
>>
>>1269750
Or StarCraft
>>
>>1269750
Japan is worse than Korea.

>>1269752
America is just a discount version of Britain.

>>1269798
October and November.
>>
>>1269752
Fuck everyone who thinks like this. The pure existence of the two Koreas is a middle finger to you.
>>
>>1269798
Spring or Fall.
There's a lot of festivals and holidays to partake and the weather isn't too hot or cold during those times.
>>
>>1269752
t. weeb who hates Korea because he read some retarded manga written by Japan's equivalent of a "Kekistani"
>>
it's not that it's bad, it's just that its neighbors (china, Japan, Taiwan, SE Asia) are so much more interesting.
>>
>>1269923
they only exist because the superpowers needed a convenient buffer zone during the cold war.
>>
>>1270234
I agree with you except for Taiwan. I have there and Korea, and Korea is far more interesting.
>>
I was there for a week and it felt like I could have seen everything in three days. The best parts were watching all the protests and getting drunk in pc bangs desu.
>>
I looked at going to SK but couldn't really find any reasons to go over Japan or another Asian country. It definitely has some bonuses, cheaper to get/to from, nightlife is more open and around, very good rail system, and really nice country side.

Biggest issues that are a turnoff is
>every city looks the exact same crowded dirty place
>beaches compared to japan and SEA places are selective
>hard to find enough reason to go outside of Seoul
>google map/navigation info is by far some of the worst even for downtown areas

I don't really want to compare Japan vs. South Korea, but if you had to push me it is far more obvious Japan has tried much harder to promote it's tourist parts.
>>
>>1270485
no one goes to south korea as a tourist except for korean immigrants and chinese/japanese people looking for cheap duty free shopping. of course, don't forget the koreaboo people from SEA.

there's literally nothing there to interest a traveller except for easy sex, alcohol and shopping.
>>
>>1270496
>there's literally nothing there to interest a traveller except for easy sex, alcohol and shopping.

True, but that's not hard in SEA for the most part. The sex part might be easier compared to Japan though, but given the amount of fat weebs that go to japan hoping for a waifu to get under their jelly rolls, it could easily be a dead heat.
>>
culturally its not the greatest. but there are great places to live, especially if you have a somewhat average income. i enjoyed my stay for a while. im going back in a few months and if i like it still im going to move there soon. matters what you want from the country. if you stuck a random person into korea they might not think much of it. its all about what YOU are looking for
>>
Mods need to pay attention how every single Korean thread has the exact same people samefagging and shitting up the threads with people that never actually traveled to Korea, with the same words with the same generic bullshit. Gets tedious reporting them every time but it appears to do nothing. Every time. Ask them about any details about their travels and they can never deliver, because they're 100% shitposting.
>>
>>1269750
> No real reason to pick it over Japan or any other Asian country unless you're looking for easy sex.

Even easier than thailand?
>>
dont listen to the guy ranting about japan. hes always in the korean threads. hes just angry hes too poor to go to japan and he hates seeing people enjoy other asian cultures
>>
Lived in Korea china Japan and travel between them frequently. Spent one year and speak the language somewhat.

I recommend Korea if you're younger, want to live cheaper and are socially able. Don't go to Korea for any cultural reason, go there for city life and night life.

I recommend Japan if you can spend more, if you're any kind of weeabo or if you want cultural and clean traveling. Japan also does well in hiding your inept social abilities with overly friendly citizens in contrast to Korea where people are more direct.

China is completely different. Everythng is cheap but you also get what you paid for. Pollution gets to you after longer periods in the cities. Food and diarrhoea is not even a meme here anymore, it's expected. Writing this from a 30 minute lockdown in my office bathroom.

I had most fun in Korea but I was young and mostly drank and did sports. I would not go back for these reasons today.
>>
File: map.png (38KB, 266x342px) Image search: [Google]
map.png
38KB, 266x342px
Planning on hiking some of pic related. Any recommendations on hostels, summits, national park spots?
>>
>>1270605
>Korea
>natural beauty

Lmao dude
>>
>>1269456
why boring. what did you miss
>>
>>1270623
See
>>1270574

There's nothing to do but drink and party. That is boring because eating, drinking and sex are things you can do anywhere.

Travellers are looking for an interesting culture, a sense of immersion into something new that takes you away from your comfort zone. Korea has none of that because it was never really an independent culture like Japan. Most of Korean "culture" was invented during the colonization and after.

Plus, it's a super smelly country. You can literally smell the place when you get off at the airport.
>>
can these stupid weebs just get out of this board and go to /jp/?
you are actually doing the opposite, you are giving japan a bad name and image with your attitude
still, many people visit this countries you hate and you cant stop that
>>
>>1270627
>Travellers are looking for an interesting culture, a sense of immersion into something
Maybe not all of us are living traveler memes then ?

Personally I find the drink, food and bars to be part of what's unique with South Korea and I have not found that in other places. Especially considering costs.
>>
>>1270623
see >>1269542 and >>1269574

>>1270630
>still trying to force the "only weebs don't love korea" meme
or, y'know, anyone who's been to literally any other country in asia
>>
What a dull place.
>>
If I were to go to Korea it would be for 7-10 days TOPS. 3 or 4 days in seoul, 3 or 4 days in some country side, a day at a beach town, and then back home

If I was looking for a week off and wanted to only spend around 1200-1500 USD to live like a king and have stupid easy asians I would go to South Korea.
>>
So to people that visited SK, how're the women?
Planning a trip there soon for sight seeing and shit and was wondering how hard/easy it is to pick up of those plastic qts
Any experiences anyone can share?
Is using Tinder a good bet?
Thanks
>>
>>1270924
Anons ultimate guide to fucking kgirls
>Skinny beats muscle
>Fat is a nono
>Bald is a nono
>Beard is a soso
>Hipster fashion beats casual hoodies
>Highest tier needs Korean langauge (rich hot bitches dont have to care about speaking English)

Girls that fuck foreigners go for, ranked by tiers
>Expat rich, famous (all above need to apply)
>University students with future - attractive/smart university girls
>English teachers (shit tier girls) - lonely/ugly/older girls
>Tourists - club sluts, tinder sluts
>Soldiers - garbage tier, SEA hooker tier, expect African level of STDs

Unique, alternative or any differ in taste is different in Korean girls. If they are outside the standard by any way there's usually six layers of crazy to go with it. I.e. any plastic girl that sucks your dick will come with a fuckload of issues.

You will find sluts on tinder, they put up on first date. The quality is soso.
>>
HELLO EVERYBODY IN THIS THREAD. I AM DEFINITE NOT JAPANESE NATIONAR. KOREA IS VERY BAD. HAVE NICE DAY.
>>
>>1271043
Hello everyone in this thread. I am absolutely not a weeabo that dress in naruto clothes at school. Korea is smelly and dont have temple like cool japan or china. I definitely don't masturbate to cartoon women.
>>
>>1271043
>>1271058

those aren't arguments
>>
>>1271067
neither is sucking japanese tiny censored dick and swallowing the semen, but it didnt stop you from shitposting before did it?
>>
>>1271009
shieeeet
thank you my man much appreciated

any other anon with info to share?
>>
>>1271009
Another anons ultimate guide to fucking K-gurlz

>step into middle of crowded street and yell "DOKDO IS COREAN"
>>
>>1271009
I agree with the majority of this but I've had great sex with tinder girls on the first day. Typically in the DVD bangs or cafe bangs. Supplement tinder with night game and you're set. Typically saw them regularly every few weeks. Some want to meet every week just be careful if it turns into a relationship. Do that for 3-4 girls and you've got yourself the perfect rotation on the weekends.

Thursday Party is good for picking up girls for night game. DVD bangs or motels after 3rd found give or take. You might get lucky and they are DTF early on but expect to warm them up over the course of the night. Or they might just put out on the first scheduled date afterwards if they're insecure about feeling like a slut.

Smoking helps because so many of them do.

Historically Confucius based societies like Japan, Korea and Japan have a big thing about "saving face". This is important to know because a lot of girls will say they're excited to meet for coffee but then do a no show or cancel the day of. It's common so be prepared. If they agree to a reschedule they're guaranteed to show up the following scheduled date.

Good luck thirsty anons. Btw always insist on a condom because shit like chlamedia and herpes is more common than you'd think. Koreans will fuck raw if you try unless they're a hyper slut and know the risks. Most are oblivious to risks of STDs for cultural reasons.
>>
File: IMG_0293.jpg (114KB, 621x1280px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0293.jpg
114KB, 621x1280px
>>1271094
Here you go sir I made this for you. To prove I'm not a bullshitter this is a screen cap of my tinder for traveling to Seoul for one day. I lived in Busan though and did most of my manwhore shit there.
>>1271169
>>
>>1271171

But they're all ugly. WTF
>>
>>1271194
Meh to each his own. You're only seeing 6 faces out of 50 anyway. I told you this was one day in Seoul. But I lived and preferred Busan.

I think your category of "ugly" seems to be incredibly and overly broad. Surely you didn't buy into the meme of AVERAGE KOREANS 10/10?
>>
>>1271194
Show me the girls you're matching with on tinder anon. I'm deeply curious.
>>
>>1269512
They shit post in every thread man. Why mods don't ban them I have no idea. None of them have actually been to Korea if you inquire about their travels they never give details.
>>
>>1269455
In Korea right now, ama.
>>
>>1271252
disappointed yet?
>>
>>1271264
Nah, I've been here for almost 2 weeks and I'm really enjoying it.
>>
>>1271169
>but I've had great sex with tinder girls on the first day
>sex in DVD bangs or cafe bangs
>Thursday Party
>Smoking
>chlamedia and herpes
This is all easy tier girls, compared to single teenage mothers or festival sluts that fuck in public. Don't expect any "plastic qts" to hang out in thursday party and pick up uneducated, chubby, tattoed english teachers.
>>
>>1271272
I don't agree with you at all. The places that are playing western music are attracting the people interested in westerners. If you're trying to fuck an actual kpop girl who isn't westernized then yeah you'll probably need a higher understanding of the language and culture. The super "Korean" places I've been too were hard to get to in the first place my buddy had to convince the security guard I wouldn't cause any problems, they were trying to come up with every excuse not to let me in, luckily I did though it was hella dope. But a stark contrast with the western style places in Korea. Just fucking a foreigner puts a Korean into a small minority in comparison to the entire population.

In addition the club girls looked pretty damn similar to Thursday Party girls on a Friday or Saturday night. This was all in Busan though. I've seen "Gangnam girls" and it's just too alien-looking for me man. Also, exchange students all go to Thursday Party too, they're not "chubby ESL teachers" they can be pretty damn confident and attractive (also a blast to hang out with)

But categorizing all females as "easy" who do any of the following: tinder, Thursday Party, smoking, DVD bang and cafe bang, chlamedia and herpes is borderline madness, you've just removed 99.9% of the Korean population. Have you actually fucked a plethora of Koreans or are you bullshitting me? Your posts are indicative of you having poor knowledge of being a player in the country. Prove me wrong without logical fallacies or personal attacks please.
>>
What if you're genuinely interested in the culture and you're going with Korean (not fob but not americanized either) friends?
>>
>>1271290
also not interested in sex
>>
>>1271171
That's fucking cool
Thank you very much anon
>>
>>1271290
Culture as in old buildings or temples is basically shit. Japan and china has taken turns to fuck it all over and burn it down. Most that is left is depressive prison camps and rebuilt fake temples.

There's a lot of design and modern culture. If you're into contemporary art there is usually museums holding shows. My personal favourite is Kim Jung gi that has lessons and live shows drawing. But it might be very difficult to find and may not exactly be what you look for when you say culture
>>
>>1271290
>>1271292
Join language exchange clubs, get a Korean tutor and speak Korean with the locals as much as possible. Partake in all of the holidays(there's a lot) Pay attention to what students do and say. Go out drinking with koreans(it's a big deal for bonding). Go to concerts and sports events. Watch Korean tv and listen to their music(they have much more than mainstream kpop)Get into a romantic relationship with a Korean because dating and being a couple is a big part of the culture too.

Long story short: when in Rome...

>>1271295
You're welcome sir. I'm not in Korea anymore but I still have kakaotalk if you have any questions: smartalec92
>>
thread consensus:

really easy sex

boring

no culture compared to neighbors

good for drinking and partying

not as interesting as japan

/thread
>>
>>1271390
>not as interesting as japan
nobody compares usa with mexico
nobody compares france with swiss
nobody compares iceland with uk

if you only take one thing from this thread it's that korea is not japan or china. its a separate nation for fucks sake.
>>
File: Korean shamanism.jpg (210KB, 576x300px) Image search: [Google]
Korean shamanism.jpg
210KB, 576x300px
Oh maan... I come here exactly for this skind of shit!

Oh, wait.. What the hell does Korea smell like? Kimchi?
>>
Korean living in the states here. Only go to Korea for business and events(sports competition, or other international things), nothing else. Most of Korean aged traditional monuments and structures were destroyed during the Mongol invasion and Korean war, not that they had many in the first place. Unless you are some travelboo with an ambition of visiting all Asian countries, I wouldn't find any point in going as far as to Korea from any Western location; the airfare is pretty expensive dawg
>>
>>1271484
kimchi and sewage, mostly. some nasty diesel and airborne pollutant smells too. there's a reason why everyone has a sars mask on there.
>>
>>1271489
japfag we m issed you
tell us more how you hated not getting laid with that plastic qtie
>>
>>1271290
what culture is there to be interested in?
>>
>>1271252
what you do
>>
>>1271510
fucked a bunch of hot sluts, drank a bunch and partied.
>>
>>1271274
Easiest women in Busan is probably Yaman or Groove (dont remember what it's properly called, the long club with the outside ledge you can smoke on)
>>
>>1271548
That's right! There's two Thursday Party's in Seomyeon, Busan. The one with Yaman across is also close to Secret Society. Groove is close to one of the Thursday Partys too. Club Fix, Club Blossom and Grid are a little bit of a walk.
Run 2 You is a super Korean club but worth it if you get in.

Most of the girls I met with were in Thursday Party, Groove or just on the streets smoking. But I highly recommend visiting everyplace Busan has to offer. You can score in any of them. I hated the music in Yaman but it some nice mixes every now and then.

The girls you match with on tinder are also more likely to be regulars at the places mentioned above.
>>
>>1271559
Ah now I remember yes, only went out for 2 days in seomyeon so didn't get to see everything. What you say seems about right
>>
>>1271484
>I come here exactly for this skind of shit
korean shamanistic ceremonies?
do those even still operate

I want to hear traditional music too, where can I hear that? like gayagum and folk performances, and korean musican theatre
>>
File: 1452107957787.jpg (50KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1452107957787.jpg
50KB, 540x540px
>>1271171
>boost
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-05-29-11-53-21.png (363KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-05-29-11-53-21.png
363KB, 720x1280px
>>1271638
It's a clear advantage anon. You'd be foolish not to use it. My main love is the gps setting, it's great for preemptive planning when going to a different country. It helped when I was going to New Zealandand Russia, Japan, where ever.

Show me your matches I'm curious.

But just to make you satisfied here was my matches when I arrived back home from Korea. This is Seattle.
>>
>>1271636
how about you go to JAPAN instead if you're looking for some culture? Korean culture is just Chinese culture doped up on American capitalism and foreign assistance and Japanese know-how.

Might as well go to China for the real thing or Japan for something different and wondrous.
>>
>>1271762
kill yourself
>>
File: Korean culture.png (416KB, 400x2500px) Image search: [Google]
Korean culture.png
416KB, 400x2500px
>>1271636

I've never been to Korr, just referring to this thread & TRV, lel.

From what I've heard from actual Koreans the shamanism is still a thing. It's even tied to the presidental scandal that took place recently.
>>
>>1270627
>Travellers are looking for an interesting culture, a sense of immersion into something new that takes you away from your comfort zone.
This is exactly what South-Korea did for me but maybe I'm just not a Real-Traveller© like you. South-Korea has the greatest food of East Asia imo.
>Korea has none of that because it was never really an independent culture like Japan. Most of Korean "culture" was invented during the colonization and after.
Confirmed for not knowing anything about Korean history.
>>
>>1271301
>Culture as in old buildings or temples is basically shit. Japan and china has taken turns to fuck it all over and burn it down.
That's the most aggrevating thing about all the weebs in this thread saying Korea has no culture, they have culture but the Japs tried to beat it out of them for almost 40 years (going as far as banning writing in Hangul) and destroyed most of their ancient monuments.
>>
>>1271762
Japan deserved to be nuked more than 2 times because it created ppl like you
it wasnt enough to destroy that shit
>>
>>1271873
Most people don't know anything about Korean history, it is a shame, really. Korea has a long, interesting history itself and played an important role in the history of East Asia in general yet people just parrot what they read on 4chan about it having no history or culture.
>>
>>1271873
>>1271875
>>1271894
I learned so much cool shit about Korean history when I got there. If you have an open ear Koreans love talking about it. Then if your regurgitate that information to other Koreans they are shocked in the best way and they fucking love you. I've made friends more than once just telling the story of Yi Sunshin was a BAMF, or King Sejong, or mentioning any of the old kingdoms.
>>
>>1271897
Yep. Feels a bit guilty to say, but I loved how I could make (girl)friends easily just by saying basic Korean words or regurgitating simple Korean history.
>>
I'm going to Seoul on my own first week of september, hope some anon will be there and will want to hangout. If you have any recomendation they're very much appreciated.
>>
>be white
>go to Seoul
>every girl wants to speak broken engrish to me and drink

Normal or not? The amount at the USD gets in Korea is insane, on like 20 bucks I could buy the whole night at a bar
>>
>>1271982
It's not just USD. Korean night life is super cheap in general. I've had great nights just drinking $5 worth of soju.
>>
>>1269465
Lived there for a year in Busan. Food is top notch, partying top notch, cultural sites top notch, shopping is great. Korea is fairly different from Japan and very unique. Also, Busan has great beaches as well.
>>
>>1269752
This is insanely retarded
>>
>>1269752
>then Japan came in and civilized them, giving them schools, roads and hospitals.
>weebs actually believe this
>>
>>1269455
don't listen to these retards OP, the only reason it was boring to them was because they're fat ugly nerds, and they couldn't get any
>>
I'm going in a few weeks with a friend. I don't really expect much. I'm just gonna drink a lot and see as much as I can..
>>
Is a Japanese encephalitis vaccination really necessary when travelling here?

Wasn't planning on going to any rural areas but I was thinking of hiking in some of the parks.

I don't really have time to wait for the vaccination so i'd rather not go at all if there was a risk.
>>
Just visited for a week as a part of an Asia trip. Japan is much better.
>>
File: 1496251238555.jpg (89KB, 640x459px) Image search: [Google]
1496251238555.jpg
89KB, 640x459px
>>1271488
>Most of Korean aged traditional monuments and structures were destroyed during the Mongol invasion and Korean war

>mfw no monuments commemorating the courage and strengh of the billions Finno-Korean Hyperwar soldiers who died
>mfw fingols lost but still travel to fuck easy Korean grils

>mfw fingols
>>
>>1273894
Why? What cities did you visit in Korea? What did you do there? What cities did you visit in Japan? What did you do there?
>>
>>1269455
sousu korea izu za warusutto puraasu in za warudo
>>
>>1273900
/his/ pls go we don't have memes here
>>
>>1273938
japan: sapporo 2 nights
tokyo: 5 nights
osaka: 2 nights
nara: 1 night
kyoto: 2 nights

seoul 4 nights
gyeongju 1 night
busan 2 nights
jeju 3 nights

japan just has more interesting things to see, better food (i realize this is debatable), and the whole place just gives you a sense of wonder. i left feeling that i didn't have enough time to do everything i could have. korea was fun and chill and the nightlife is good, but there wasn't much to do or see. coming from america, it didn't really give me a sense of wonder either. i left feeling that i could have easily covered all the bases in much less time.
>>
>>1273987
But why mention Japan at all? The thread is about Korea. Focus on Korea specific instead of spreading continuous Korea vs Japan fanboy shit. It's cancerous man. Your first post should of covered that. Both countries are highly enjoyable. Just some prefer one or the other and each of them have plenty to offer.
>korea was fun and chill and the nightlife is good,
Agreed. Koreans know how to party.

>but there wasn't much to do or see.
I disagree completely. You have to purposefully be a hermit or life under a rock to feel like this. I lived there for 2 years and I never felt bored on the weekends. This is both while I was single and when I was in a relationship. In Busan alone it's hard to exhaust your options.

Then again I'm interested in architecture, temples, street shopping, night life, language, cooking, street food,, street performances, gambling, fashion, music(not kpop bruh), gaming, hiking, camping

I'm not exaggerating when I said I was doing something every weekend. It's just a possibility that you're not interested in any of the things Korea has to offer which is fine, but to say there's nothing to do and hop on the Japan vs Korea bandwagon is fucking AIDS man.

I've lived in both, had an amazing time in both and I'm planning on going back to both in the future. I'm an American living in Russia now and it's fucking rad too, it's got it's own set of challenges particularly with the language but that's part of the experience.

I haven't been to a single country where I felt like it was all terrible, even my worst trips there's always something redeeming or good about it.

Y'all fanboy shit needs to stop.
>>
>>1274014
>Y'all fanboy shit needs to stop.

You're on a super big japanese inspired and large userbase of people who think japan is cool. It's not fanboyism of such, you're just looking at the wrong user platform to discuss it. Both are relatively close together and about the same cost in airfare to get there, given that and the place 4chan is, comparisons are going to happen.

>Then again I'm interested in architecture, temples, street shopping, night life, language, cooking, street food,, street performances, gambling, fashion, music(not kpop bruh), gaming, hiking, camping

The thing here is that you didn't say anything specific to korea. You can do all of that in Japan. Even minus the weeb/japan bias this board and site have.
>>
>>1274019
>You can do all of that in Japan.
You can do that in the US too
but muh animuh...
>>
>>1274019
Nah, users are just retarded and feel that South Korea which is a decent and prosperous somehow threatens the perfect wonderful country in their mind.
>>
>>1269455
I think it's OK.

Some interesting shit to see as a tourist - DMZ, war museum.

All the Koreans get hammered pretty much every night which is good if you like to party. Korean BBQ is a fun social experience, too.

I guess it's boring if you're not a drinker.

I can see how it could be an interesting place to live if you were determined to learn the language for whatever reason, but that goes for most places.
>>
I'll just quote what my friend (white European, non-weeb, well traveled, so non-biased) said when we went from South Korea to Japan on the final third of an Asia trip going Cambodia-Vietnam-Southern China-South Korea-Japan.

"How can it be that there are two countries so close and so culturally similar to each other but one is just so much better in every conceivable way, maybe except for the women".

Later on, he said, "Once you realize that all the spiciness in Korean food is mostly about hiding bad ingredients and lack of cooking technique, you can really appreciate how Japanese food is about the freshness of the ingredients and technique."
>>
File: IMG_0487.png (474KB, 1242x2208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0487.png
474KB, 1242x2208px
>>1274734
Your white friend has an opinion about Korean food that is entirely different from my own. I guess you never ate food in the markets where their seafood is fucking alive or you select it and they chop it up on the spot. I have no idea how much more fresh you can get.

The food is preference based I guess. I can handle spicy food. I found Japanese ramen to be better but for all other dishes Korean food took the cake for me.

He also has an opinion about culture that is entirely different from my experience.

I hesitate to trust your "friend" because he's talking exactly like a weeb shitposter. They post the same things in every thread and your "friend" is no different.

Every thread the shitposters spew this garbage.
>besides drinking Japan is better is every single way
>Japan is better culturally in every conceivable way
>Japan food is superior in every way

If you're trying to have some one take your opinions seriously. Post some details of your travels and stop comparing it to Japan.

It's nothing new. Ukraine does it to Russia and vise versa all the time.
Pic related.
>>
>>1274301
>I don't know how to understand context of the post I was quoting
>>
I went to South Korea in April. I didn't have much of an opinion on it heading there ( went with a friend who wanted to go ) And it was hate at first landing. The city smelled, dirty, people weren't that great.. looked like a dirty flea market on most streets. Now, some areas were quite nice, like near the business district. I also liked the areas outside the city as well. I'd rank it as probably the worst city I've experienced in 30 or so countries.
>>
>>1274884
You didn't even say what city you fucking shitposter. Can you at least put in some effort.
>>
>>1271897
This.
Went to the Seoul National Cemetery despite not speaking a word of korean, the old guy managing the museum was so glad to see foreigners he gave us a bunch of free shit, and when we were taking the subway with the goodies in our hands people would randomly strike up conversations about the cemetery and ahjummas were fawning over us
>>
>>1272205
Did you visit Gamcheon Village? It's cute as fuck
>>
I will give it to Japan that they know how to market the touristy places and know how to make every town have something to see just by googling quickly. When I look at south korea, I don't nearly get as many of the same vibe as the "COME VISIT US, COME SEE OUR WHOLE COUNTRY", like other places. Just feels like I have to go digging for anything outside Seoul.
>>
Can someone elaborate on "easy sex" in SK? Or Japan, for that matter?

Are we talking about hookers or just sexually liberated women?

Is a tall attractive man going to get luckier in SK than in the US?

Not a sex tourist but curious
>>
Tokyo >>>>>>>>>>>> Seoul that is for sure. One of the best cities in the world versus a soulless concrete jungle. Seoul has no soul.
>>
>>1274969
SK compared to Japan is easy, Japan is still a semi isolationist mental state amongst many of their people. South Korea is use to americans and drinking, it's more outgoing.

>Are we talking about hookers or just sexually liberated women?

Both

>Is a tall attractive man going to get luckier in SK than in the US?
Depends, if you sit in a corner don't drink or spend money you're as lucky as you are in the US.
>>
japan vs korea
why dont you post
france vs germany
russia vs china
canada vs america
???
>>
>>1272240
Well of course they do. Delusion is strong
>>
>>1271171
Note: Improve my pictures game
>>
>>1274884
You landed in Incheon, right? Aren't most places next to airports shitty or were you in Seoul?
>>
>>1274969
A tall attractive man should be getting lucky anywhere he goes.
>>
just got back from a trip to SK. It was overall pretty good but I was astounded at how polluted the Han River is. It is by far the most polluted body of water I've ever had the misfortune to witness. I lived a number of months throughout SEA, spent a lot of time in China, parts of Africa, South America and jesus christ please clean the Han River.
>>
>>1269542
Real Traveler(tm)
>>
>>1270485
>>beaches compared to japan and SEA places are selective
>>hard to find enough reason to go outside of Seoul
Nice weeb post you got there
>>
>>1270574
>socially able
Now I get why so many weebs hate Korea, looking for waifus while jogging around in their jelly roles or deformed faces.
>>
File: doH8i.jpg (331KB, 5000x5000px) Image search: [Google]
doH8i.jpg
331KB, 5000x5000px
>>1270622
>Lmao dude
>obviously never been to Seorakksan, Andong, Busan or other good nature places and is a self hating weebfag.
>>
>>1271009
>Hipster fashion beats casual hoodies
>Skinny beats muscle

effinate men paradise
>>
File: 1468194283047.jpg (16KB, 287x277px) Image search: [Google]
1468194283047.jpg
16KB, 287x277px
>>1274734
>I'll just quote what my friend (white European, non-weeb, well traveled, so non-biased)
>>
File: 1498817280198.png (1MB, 1168x500px) Image search: [Google]
1498817280198.png
1MB, 1168x500px
>>1274884
>And it was hate at first landing
>mfw Incheon airport has been rated best airport for years now

Kys weebfag
>>
>>1273547

No. You don't need the Japanese encephalitis vaccine unless you're going to be in rural areas for prolonged periods of time.
>>
>>1274969
If you're tall and attractive you're going to slay in every country. I've done well in both but I spoke a good chunk of each language, which helps a lot actually.

The only specific advice I'd give is learning phrases in their mother tongue to give a cute edge above the competition.

Cute foreigner +Regional accent and phrases + western accent = open legs

If you're in any big city in Korea or Japan and you're as attractive as you say there's absolutely no reason you can get laid regularly. This isn't specific to Asia either man. Read the sticky.
>>1277477 is right
>>
>>1270485
>hard to find enough reason to go outside of Seoul
LITERAL
PLEB
heres one reason, go to jeju island, literally one of worlds nature heritage sites, kys ignorant cunt
>>
>>1269455

If you are on 4chan you stare at screens too much already. Why go to the most vidya game addicted, net addicted, screen staring addicted nation in the world? To do what? What the native stare at screens, where few know English and ignore you? You can probably do that in your mom's basement and give you travel money...
>>
koreans are a nasty group of people
>>
For hotels in South Korea, are they really strict on the number of people in each room?

I've booked hotel rooms for 2 people in the US, Japan, and was able to sneak more people in to stay with us, but I know countries like Vietnam they keep track of the room occupancy really closely.
>>
>>1278322
No. It's more or less assumed that you fuck a prostitute when you go to a hotel.

Chances are your online bookings wont separate the sleazy hotel/motel sexrooms to normal hotels and they wont complain. Some group might be difficult though.
>>
>>1277492
>Han River.
>dirty
>spent a lot of time in China
In Seoul we regularly organize picnics by the river, both northern side and Gangnam side.

In China I had my first date next to the river. We spotted 15 condoms during our short walk. Not to mention the amount of pure trash or floating dead fish. No part of the river has transparent water. It's all a green sludge.

There's lots of health and environment issues in Korea but I can not see the comparison ever being close.
>>
>>1277509

Not the anon you are arguing with but I lived right by Seorakksan.

It's okay. It's usually completely overrun by people which can ruin it. As a Canadian I was pretty underwhelmed.
>>
>>1277506
>china and cambodia are Real Traveler destinations
these are the people giving advise on traveling
>>
>>1270605
Seoroksan and Jirisan are great. The two parks associated with those are also well worth it. There are a lot of nice little spots. If you are into camping, North of Miryang has some spots where you can pitch a tent for free just short of the Pyojeongsa Temple. It served by a bus from the train station. They also have wooden platforms if the weather is nice and you feel like sleeping out under the stars. The temple in the evening or first thing in the morning is pretty cool to wander as well.
>>
>>1278322
You can get little pensions or minbak guesthouse type places in the countryside where it is assumed you will pack in a small army. it is popular with college students to do this with those in the same major.
>>
>>1278446
this. SoKo has blown a ton of money to rehabilitate various rivers and streams. Especially in Busan and Seoul.
>>
Blows my mind anyone would go there when Japan is right next door and SE Asia and Taiwan aren't much further away.
>>
>>1278734
SK is slightly cheaper and known for a better nightlife in girls for americans
>>
Lived in Seoul from August to December as a student, then from March until now on a working holiday visa. I haven't been bored for a single day. There's a lot of things to visit, a lot of great food to try and a lot places outside Seoul for camping or some cultural visit. Mountain climbing is fun, and many other outdoor activities are great too. There's a lot of districts in Seoul worth visiting for pictures or for the ''feel''. A 1000 different type of cafes to relax in is great too (Cat, meerkat, dog, raccoon, book, comic, game, etc.)There's something for everyone, really.
>>
>>1278442
>Chances are your online bookings wont separate the sleazy hotel/motel sexrooms to normal hotels and they wont complain.

There is almost no difference between hotels and sex motels in Korea, and they really just don't fucking care.

Korean families live together in small apartments until the children are 30, get married, and move out to start their own nuclear families. Jackoff parlors and sex motels aren't sleazy in Korea, they're practically an obligation and a necessity for dating. There's nowhere else to go to masturbate or fuck your girlfriend. It's not like your grandparents in America that just parked a Cadillac on a secluded hill after a date and went at it in the back seat.

Lived there for a year doing the ESL shit.
It's not dirty or shitty, it's just not exciting, and it's totally globalized. My first apartment had a Domino's pizza in the ground floor. My second apartment was across the street from a 711 and a Mcdonalds. A lot of Seoul just feels like you traveled 5,000 miles to still be in America. That's the only problem with it.

It's easy to hit all the big shopping spots, nightlife shit, and historical sites in a week, and then have nothing to do.

Public transportation is top tier, KBBQ is amazing, Korean people are very amicable and accomodating, airport is top tier, country is clean and safe.

It's just not exciting. You don't have the weird counter culture of Japan or the beaches of Thailand or the gorgeous brown women of south east Asia. Korea is just the vanilla ice cream of Asian countries, that's the problem with it.

Might be a matter of taste, but I don't think they measure up in the female department either. SEA girls more attractive overall and Japanese girls curvier and more womanly. Most Korean chicks just look like 16 year old boys and most Korean boys just look like 16 year old girls.
>>
>>1269455
>Live in Japan
>I prefer Seoul to Tokyo
Better food, more tourist friendly, not so insanely crowded, still has interesting museums and castles.

Rural Japan is more interesting IMO, but in Korea you have neat shit like the DMZ and equally impressive Asian architecture... I fucking hate how everyone romanticizes Japan when ROK is at very least a wonderful travel experience.
>>
>>1278926
Japan is so much better and has been for at least 500 years. Learn some history.
>>
>>1279017
tell us more, you seem to know everything about not getting laid in seoul
>>
>>1278878
Funny. I'd consider your views of Koreans the same as mine are for Japanese. All preferences I guess. They both have their qts and their uggos.

Sounds to
me like you didn't visit any of the islands near Tongyeong for beached, or go to Busan. The girls in the south end are better than the seoul girls imo.
>>1279017
Anyone that has actually traveled to both countries knows you're full of shit. Both countries have redeeming qualities.
>>
>>1269455
>>1269455

Dude who used to live in Seoul, now living in Tokyo here (working in the automotive industry).

Not sure if people say Korea is BAD, generally I just hear that it's bland/boring and not as good as Japan. The Japan comparison isn't really fair--why does it always have to be about Japan. They're two different countries. But I do agree a lot with those assessments anyway.

Good things about Korea:
+ Tasty food (that is admittedly difficult to enjoy alone--Korean restaurants are all family style).

+Young people who are generally pretty friendly and want to be your friend

+Pretty good nightlife

+generally comfortable and convenient, fast internet, good healthcare (although doctors over medicate). Comfy atmosphere.

Bad things about Korea:
- A lot of random garbage and filth, etc. Korea is a pretty fascinating place because the modern kind of coexists with the third world past at this point in time. A lot of bathrooms are stunningly bad. (toilet paper trash cans, no toilet paper no soap, soap is on one of those blue soap bars covered with grime and pubes and shit). There is random garbage dumped around randomly. You'll just see a random old lady like harvesting onions on a plot where there shouldn't even be a plot lmao.

- Not super culturally vibrant or interesting apart from the food. All the temples and palaces and stuff are cookie cutter and reproductions. Korea is just really low on cultural assets like traditional theatre, pop culture (no one cares about boy bands), film, literary tradition etc.

- Some annoying cultural issues. Young people live at home until married, a lot of annoying Evangelical Christianity (although honestly Korean Christians are pretty nice), Neo Confucianism makes for a pretty rigid society and has engendered like the worst most disgusting elderly folks on the planet.
>>
>>1269455
No ... Just visited Seoul for a month: I have never felt safer ...
>>
>>1279805
don't be an obscurantist idiot

people compare japan and korea because theyre the closest living relatives to each other in terms of genetics and language, and in most cases their economy, civil structure, cukture, and family values are also almost identical. they have the same interesta, social problems, general opinions, etc

its a fair comparison no matter what you happen to thibnk of either country

i dont even disagree with the rest of ehat you wrote but this idea that every place is 100 percent snowflake special NO COMPARISONS ALLOWED is pure brain rot
>>
>>1271171
how old are they and what are your personal deets

i feel like a god when i get 3 new matches a day 18~20 range in nearby countries

47 a day seems unrealistic. but who knows what is possible for someone who looks like brad pitt.

ive also seen guys brag about pulling 28 year olds though, so i dunno where to place you

just curious because i wanna go to korea next but mostly from trusted sources ive heard ita easier and the only way to reconcile these results is that youre extremely good looking or the girls are older

not an accusation, just curious
>>
>>1279813
>every place is 100 percent snowflake special NO COMPARISONS ALLOWED

Blatant Strawman of my point. I'm merely inferring that it's silly, unproductive and unfair that Japan is brought up on /trv/ like stink on shit anytime the word "Korea" is even whispered. This is what happens.

>"Hey guys I'm going to be in Seoul from September 10th to the 14th anything I should check out? Can you tell me about blah...

>BUT JAPAN 420 JUST BLAZE IT

This is coming from someone who likes Japan more than Korea. A lot more actually.
>>
>>1279813
Also, given that I lived in Korea and now live in Japan I should probably address this.

>and in most cases their economy, civil structure, cukture, and family values are also almost identical. they have the same interesta, social problems, general opinions, etc

>culture, and family values are also almost identical
"Culture" is such a broad nebulous term but probably the easiest place to start here is religion. Modern Korea is mainly influenced by Confucianism and Christianity (Buddhism is 3rd fiddle). Japan is mainly influenced by its native religion, Shinto, and then Buddhism. Christianity has heavily codified conduct on sexual morality and purity. Confucianism doesn't really but does explicitly teach sexual propriety to an extent. Shinto has absolutely no codified system of sexual morality.

The ways in which differing religious institutions have influenced society in Korea and Japan are in fact deep and many.

Being in the Sinosphere, it is true that both countries place a heavy emphasis on hard work and filial piety. Korea I think is more obsessed with these ideas, probably as a result of its more direct Confucian influence and also the fact it modernized so quickly.

Like 95% of Korean high school graduates go to a university
It's something like 65% in Japan.

One really interesting thing I noticed is that modern, post war Koreans (particularly millennials, really harbor a lot of resentment toward Korean society on a personal level but are weirdly flag wavy at the same time. Koreans have a considerable chip on their shoulder and a constant desire to prove themselves--this is also due to history and heavily shapes modern attitudes and outlooks.

Modern and younger Japanese really love Japan and don't fault find on a personal level but are not at all flag wavy Patriotic.

Apart from chopsticks and white sticky rice, Japan and Korea really feel different to me.
>>
>>1279833
in topics about belgium the netgerlands geta brought up a lot

deal with it. your lectures arent going to change anything

koreans and japanese are in fact extremely similar and only branched perhaps 2k years ago, which is withing written recorded history. their lamguages would be the same were it for for the fact that japanese ubderwent a number of significant changes due to mixing with jomon languages

japanese hsitory begins at the astonishing 700!!!ad

the entire time since then korea has been an administrative ward of other states. the commentary about "you could get x in y location" is as valid for korea as ut is someone telling you to go to vegas ibstead of reno

some places are bigger and better for tourists. is that valid for korea and japan? maybe. theyre pretty close. stop telling people to shut up

stop bitching
>>
>>1279844
you talk a lot but it is meandering and pointless

i dont give a fuck about autistic details such as college attendance rates. that is not culture, and youre either retarded or unfortunate for thinking so

koreans could eat long grain rice instead of pearl rixe for all i fucjing care. theyre similar and even their genotype and language is similar.

go ahead and rant about the color they paint the temples or how the age of marriage might differ by a year. no one fucking cares.

CITIES can be the EXACT SAME CULTURE and have widely varying outcomes on things like college attendance. the culture is the same. are you 16?
>>
>>1269455
Seoul seemed nice, it's a very modern city surrounded by low lush green mountains. I thought it would be a nice place to hike but I don't think the locals are much into /out/ stuff.

Great place for plastic surgery or to get your dog cloned. These docs are talented, cutting edge, and have a firm grasp of asthetics. Once I make some more money I will return and get a handsome af face to go with my god given height. You can buy stylish clothes in Korea too.
>>
File: 1501086628164.png (77KB, 771x686px) Image search: [Google]
1501086628164.png
77KB, 771x686px
>>1279850
Not the guy you're replying to but Jesus Christ man, stop sperging out so much,
Also the guy is right, the culture is different and whether you accept it or not is irrelevant, you're calling him a 16 year old but all the shit you say is so self centered, seek medical attention my man.
>>
If Japan is the rising sun, full of resplendent light, korea is merely the lesser reflection, an entity without its own light source that can only shine by stealing the light of others.
>>
>>1279912
He does have a point though.
>>
>>1279912
self centered? is that some sort of generic thoughtkill button you hit when you panic? go ahead call me a tranaphobic jewkilling nazi next you fucking idiot

after all, this whole thi started by posters constantly calling for people comparing the two countries to shut up. seems to be part and parcel with idiots like you

no. the above poster said that college attendance rates constituted an insurmountable cultural barrier. he is an idiot and so are you

this is what happens when highschool and college standards are lowered to the point of irrelevancy

mcfucking killyourself my dude
>>
>>1279850
>"college attendance rates isn't culture"
>brings up genotype
>>
>>1279850
>>1279959
You OK man?
>>
>>1279976
youre right everything is culture. roads are culture. math is culture.

hell, it rains a lot in japan and the philippines. they share a culture!

rain is culture, tropical disease is culture

deep vein thrombosis is culture

you win
>>
File: 1501078548057.jpg (79KB, 441x403px) Image search: [Google]
1501078548057.jpg
79KB, 441x403px
>>1279959
>>1280004
Are you fucking mental?
Like I've said before, the cultures are different and the fact that you don't accept it is irrelevant, you can keep calling me names and throwing a fit all you want, it doesn't change shit.
I can't imagine the day I'd be so upset over a message on a Mongolian map making forum.
>>
make your own fucking thread if you want to compare korea with japan. I don't see any of you shitposting your garbage in the japan thread why the fuck do you have to infest this

mods are fags
>>
>>1269455
Went to Suwon and Incheon a few years ago. I enjoyed the shopping centers and the food there, as well as how quick and convenient public transit was. Wasn't that great of a place for wildlife sightseeing like Japan is, but I didn't go into the countryside anyway. That being said, it also really helps to speak the language. They get easily frustrated and upset with foreigners who can't even read Korean more than any other people I could think of, honestly. Oh, and cafes are abundant. Lots of incredibly cheap, yet good-looking clothing, too.

Oh, and not necessarily every 18+ site was blocked in the country, btw, just the more well-known porn sites like Gelbooru was.
>>
>>1279828

I'm not the guy you are responding to but here is my experience on Tinder as a Canadian. I won't go into the profiles that piss me off in both countries.

Canada

>will be lucky to get 5-10 matches a week
>out of those, maybe 1-2 will reply
>out of those 1-2 I will probably not meet up with them. I will meet with maybe 1 in 30
>I could maybe boost this number but I am picky as shit

Korea

>will easily get double the matches per week
>easily half will reply
>will meet up with at least 1 girl a week, more if I am not busy
>will likely also fuck them

I rate myself a fucking 6/10. 7 on a good day.

I am 27 and have pulled everything from 19 year olds to 35.
>>
>>1279828
>>1280187

I should also mention this is Seoul. I do not know how Busan would be and I am going to assume the smaller areas are pretty desolate.
>>
>>1279828
I'm the guy here. I've been told I'm "cute", "handsome" or "hot" so there's that for you >>1271171

I get a lot of matches in the first wave when i enter an area. The pace slows down after awhile but i usually delete the app once i get girls in rotation while still having some sanity. No bullshit. Of the tinder girls I've met the oldest was 24 whose the same age as me. The youngest was 18 but most of them are early 20s. I met a 27 year old at Thursday Party and that's the oldest girl I've been with.

I already linked my kakao profile up above if you want to talk strategy in more detail that doesn't pertain to korea specifically.>>1271303
>>
>>1280187
Canadian here, same situation as you except I lived in a city of 260 000, there were maybe 40 girls on Tinder total. Jealous of you Seoul folk.
>>
>>1269810
Korean detected. Why does Korea stink worse than a wet dog? Monoculture, authoritarian attitudes, lack of subcultures, plastic vapid yuppies in Seoul. It is hard to put into words, but here is what I can give you. If you have lived in a hip, Western city and dug the culture, Seoul has a copy of that culture. By copy, I mean you will meet Korean youth who dress the part, but do so only for fasion. It is a country full of posers with no modivation beyond the surface. I don't think they really even understand their intentions beyond their middle school popularity contest amongst one another. The country looks rad on the surface, but it's only surface. There really is nothing to see there. Food was good though. Wasn't into the bitches, Koreans have weird toes. 3/10, would only return once more for nostalgia. Taught biology at a uni there for 2 years in Seoul.
>>
>>1280354
>By copy, I mean you will meet Korean youth who dress the part, but do so only for fasion. It is a country full of posers with no modivation beyond the surface. I don't think they really even understand their intentions beyond their middle school popularity contest amongst one another. T

Is Seoul South Korea the new Los Angeles California?
>>
>>1280276
fair enough. thanks for the details. I'm not expecting to do as well as you, holy shit 30 in a day, but i couod probaby optimize my profile and do reasonably well

ive read a lot of complaints about how hard korea is but it might be sour grapes.

im wondering if korea has a significantly larger slut population than the rest of east asia because od its extreme conservatism contrasted witg basically being the last east asian country to develop, ao there is an unleashing, i wonder.
>>
>>1280400
Lived in china Korea Japan and some European countries.

No Korean are not more promiscuous than the others. Tinder and bars give you similar result in all countries.

If you're into traditional girls you need to step up some office dating or hitting on girls using native language in cafes or get lucky and get introduced.
>>
>>1280421
how well do korean girls speak english? can i hook up with one of these FOBs all over london?
>>
>>1280421
his results are far from typical. even in asean that is a really good pull.

hence it demanded further explanation
>>
Its going to be a smoking glass crater pretty soon so I'd keep well away from the place
>>
polluted, no natural beauty, superficial and boring people, dirty streets, bad manners. Imagine Japan, except take out everything that's more than surface deep and pleasing to the eye.
>>
>>1280187
Tell me about the 35 years old. Also how do you deal with those who just not let go and really want a relationship?
>>
All should take note how many times this thread has been bumped from way down the page by Japanese people shit-talking Korea and comparing it needlessly to their own country. If you want to believe these people, then by all means, stay away from Korea and just visit Japan like everybody else does. If you want a unique experience, and wonder why Japanese are so fucking scared of Korea being appreciated, then come visit.
>>
>>1280356
Could be. SoCal is by far my least favorite place. In the world.
>>
>>1280499
Don't listen to this ding dong. If you want a legit, mind expanding cultural experience, head to SEA, parts of India, or Southern China. If you are in it just for bitches, you may be a worthless fuck who will by a pariah in any expat community worth being a part of. Check your intentions, mang.
>>
>>1280496

35 year old travelled a lot and was very open minded. We got along well and we just saw each other for a while.

Most people are cool with letting go. I haven't had anyone clingy. I had one girl end seeing me because she wanted something more serious and I was very straightforward that I wasn't looking to get married or any shit. I've never had any issues but I tend to be very open and straight from the start so I am not stringing people along.
>>
>>1280506
I don't understand why you autistic shits get so fucking triggered when someone says he wants to travel for the sake of fucking bitches
I mean it's not like he won't experience the culture or sight see, so what gives?
>>
I'm going to be going to be working in Deagu for 4-6 weeks, what are some interesting things I can do at the weekends and during the evenings as well?
Also any good resources on cultural differences / workplace culture in S. Korea? I don't want to piss off my work colleagues over there
>>
>>1280771
It's one of two things. Either they're trolling, or they're SJWs/moralfags who think their worldview is universally and eternally correct and therefore applies to all people and cultures over the entirety of human history. As you can easily see, whichever it is the people who post this crap are assholes and can be safely and completely ignored.
>>
>>1270627
>That is boring because eating, drinking and sex are things you can do anywhere.
i dont think ive ever read a worse post on /trv/
>>
Hi, Im a non-white guy from Peru
Im planning to do a sex tour on korea at the end of this year
like spend 2000 usd on gook hookers
but I have hear that S.koreans are racist towards brown people, Is this true?
I dont want to go there and realize that prostitutes doesnt want to serve me
btw Im learning korean
>>
>>1280800

What are you actually doing. Teaching? EPIK? Hagwon?
>>
>>1280809
some of us are right wingers or religious

promiscuous sex.creates empty people, depression and DESTROYS culture, not to mention creates fatherless kids, divorce, etc

sorry that noticing things have bad side.effects is offensive and makes people like me "assholes"

go fuck yourself
>>
>>1280890
So don't reply to those posts and stay out of those threads, open your own with "no sex tourism discussion here" note.
Stop acting like a child.
You can't impose your world view on others, certainly not in the way you go about it.
>>
>>1269455
Outside of the big city it is somewhat backward, I guess. But really, it's just this bizarre cultural mash-up. It's like an entire country of Chinese people who decided to be the biggest weeaboos in history, but t hide their deep abiding desire to be Ken-sama and pass for Japanese, they really hate Japan...

I don't know, it is sort of fascinating, but I could se it feeling fake, boring or hard to connect to.

Mind you, to be fair this is based on the deep and profound experience of being there once, maybe I just haven't gotten deep enough into Korea. But I have no strong desire to go back.
>>
>>1280905

>american education

thanks I needed a laugh
>>
>>1280836
I wouldn't pick Korea for sex tourism.

I'm white american, and one time while walking through a redlight with another expat bro, the little mama sans running the brothels leapt off their little stools to run to the door and lock it to keep us from getting in.

We thought it was funny because we were just goofing off and checking out the scene, we weren't actually out to get any action.

(Nobody on trv will believe that, but whatever.)

In any case, even if the specific redlight we were in was a minority and we could have theoretically been welcomed at other establishments, I wouldn't pick Korea for sex tourism.

South East Asia is better for sex tourism.

Korean girls are nothing special. Keep in mind that Korean people tend to eat a diet with lots of vegetables and natural sea food, and they don't tend to be naturally well endowed. They aren't genetically curvaceous like Latin, black, or even South East Asian women, and they don't have the hormone injected western diet that produces D cups on 16 year olds.

After spending a year in Korea, I can tell you that there's not a lot there in terms of talent, in the clubs or in the windows of the brothels.

If you're gonna go somewhere for sex tourism, go somewhere known for the caliber of the women. Korea is not one of those places.
>>
>>1281106

What a retarded post.

Korea has the best sex industry in the world because 90% of white collar workers frequent hookers after work on karaoke-drinking binges. It moves huge sums of money.

Also no one goes to the red light district anymore, it's all private clubs.

>>1280836

Good luck getting a blowjob without condom if you're brown.

Otherwise it will be the same experience.
>>
>>1269455

loud, no respect for personal space, women all act like princesses

pretty shitty desu. soju is good though
>>
All I've ever heard (on multiple occasions from different people including Koreans) is that its boring, has terrible beer and is incredibly superficial.

Have no plans to visit other than maybe Soeul on a layover if that ever happens.
>>
>>1281132
>All I've ever heard (on multiple occasions from different people including Koreans)
Thanks for sharing anon.
>>
>>1280859
I'm a process engineer and I'm going to be working at my company's site in Korea to improve things over there
>>
Japan is so much better. Deeper, more beneath the surface. Cleaner. No kpop. Better beer. Actual culinary culture. More people that read books and watch plays. Straight up prettier cityscapes and prettier countryside.
>>
>>1281113

>loud, no respect for personal space, women all act like princesses

>desu

We wrangled another one boys. He's not even trying to hide it.
>>
>>1280901
why? you impose your worldview that i have to oay for welfare, your bastard spawn, and live in unsafe cities

fuck you. go die.
>>
can a pajeet manlet get an avg korean gf? plz respond
>>
File: 문재인.jpg (10KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
문재인.jpg
10KB, 225x225px
Basically Korea, as a half of one peninsula, is a gigantic shithole. You go there, if you are foreigners (and not Asians especially), you get segregated by others. They don't directly do that to you, but still you can sense the feeling. Also, South Korea now is trying to suck North Korea's dick so hard that now South Korean government is financially supporting the best korea with shit tons of money. Shouldn't go to South Korea anons. It might be possible that South Korea suddenly turns into the best Korea.
>>
>>1281330
no
>>
>>1281317
Ok, you win anon, can't argue with that, brb killing myself

>>1281256
Thanks to this post I'm looking forward to visiting Korea! thank you.
>>
>>1281317
Right because the conservative countries in the world are all much safer than liberal promiscuous countries.
>>
>>1281381
they are. japan, korea, singapore are all some of the most conservative countries on the planet and also the safest

compare them directly yo their neighbirs, not saudi arabia

indonesia is many times.more.conservatove than the philippines and yet the murder rate in tbe phils is literally ten times higher
>>
>>1269455
Korea would be fine if it wasn't for Koreans. They're a pretty obnoxious people and their culture is shit.
>>
>>1281176

Be prepared to work 80 hour weeks and be taken out drinking from your superiors and not being able to say no.
>>
>>1280800

Give and receive thing with both hands, or the right hand if the left is not available.
>>
>>1281113
>>1281132
>>1281256
>>1281751
Thanks for the bump Japan-anons
>>
>>1269455
The cities are beautiful, but behind the facade lies decades of impoverishment and caste. The countryside is covered in cultural sites, but they're boring and the culture is mostly work oriented.

The North was beautiful once for its landscape, but as it stands, you'd be better in an Orwellian dystopia.
>>
>>1269752
I was ready to believe that South Korea is boring untill i read this post. When you write shit like this you lose all credibility.
>>
>>1281929
>thx for the bump

the thread has like 200+ replies hahahah, did we trigger you koreaboo?
>>
>>1281394
Japan and Korea also have some of the loosest morals around drinking, partying and and hooking up in the world.

Why exclude the middle East? That place is way more conservative than east Asia.
>>
Where do you guys recommend we stay in Seoul? Looking for a central location that's easy to get to places at night for food, drinks, etc.
>>
Boring as fuck... you need to be REALLY into asian culture to go there. The tourist spots are so poorly organized to the point I wonder if they even want tourists? PSY made that one area of korea famous right.. well we went to Korea on a business trip.. we got off the subway for that area.. there aint shit around there.. its boring as fuck and small.. just a few boutique stores.
Samsung flagship store was dull... nothing new.. go to best buy at home.
The food was salty as fuuuuu, but interesting.. for all the various kimchi styles available in the grocery store.
Some chicken soup joint the people in our traveling business group were raving about.. I thought it was shit tourist food.
The best food was a doughnut with curry in it.. that was fucking FANTASTIC.. but you can get that in singapore as well.

The river is nice that goes through the city... thats about it.

Didnt go to DMZ.. actually didnt want to. Too many stupid rules - that makes them paranoid that some tourist might start WW3.
>>
>>1282316
Oh forgot to mention the beer - total shit tier malts. The night markets - some were ok, others were selling things that I even think the dollar store would accept as merchandise.
There are NO DOGS anywhere, compared to Taiwan where if its not a street dog its a spoiled pet that is super loved by its owner.
So yea, Koreans eat them dogs.
>>
>>1282316
>>1282317

terrible quality posts
>>
>>1282290
Hongdae and Hapjeong are the meme places to stay for nightlife. Any area near a big university will be fun.
>>
>>1282231
No man, I'm an American and I've actually been to countries instead of shitposting without actually seeing how the world really is.
Japan is nice
Korea is nice
Russia is nice
NZ is nice
USA is nice

I recommend you go to all of them, they all have redeeming qualities.

Your posts are unoriginal and boring. If you're going to shitpost at least be creative. I've been on this board a long time and you cringeyfucks post the same things everytime without variation.
>>
>>1282567
Amen to this, anon. Succinct.
>>
>>1282421
Your mistake coming to 4chan.
>>
>>1282421
What did you expect?

I genuinely don't understand you people, why would you take time to come into a thread about SK and just shitpost about Japan? it's just fucking baffling, you have those stupid Japan generals up 24/7, the most active threads on this board and yet you insist on coming to any thread about SK and talk about how shitty it is, you people seriously put me off of Japan.
>>
>>1269455
I've never lived in SK but I live in Tokyo. I heard that Korea has the same shitty work culture as Japan times 10 (from guys I know who used to work there).

If you like your dickhead boss yelling at you and working mandatory 12-14 hour days then I recommend it lol. And if you don't have a skill other than your language (looking at english teaching types here) don't expect to get anything better - plus if korea is like japan you will be regarded as a zero-status dickhead

outside that shit i heard it's good for tourism though
>>
File: Czyv97NUcAE1HZD.jpg (38KB, 352x500px) Image search: [Google]
Czyv97NUcAE1HZD.jpg
38KB, 352x500px
>>1282290
2nding this. if anyone has extra opinions from >>1282566

my goal is to have good metro access to look around in the day, and fun places to drink at night
>>
>>1282290
>>1282812

Hongdae area is BY FAR the best. I'm sure you're heard of Gangnam from the song, but it's shit. You'll have the time of your life in Hongdae. Hostels are around $30 a night iirc.
>>
>>1282640

>I have never lived in Korea
>let me tell you about Korea

Why do you post?
>>
>>1282613
>you take time to come into a thread about SK and just shitpost about Japan?
because there's so many shitposts about korea in the japan thread ofcourse.

or shitposts about canada in the us threads
or shitposts about germany in the french threads
or..
>>
>>1282828
this. Hongdae has a great mix of bars, clubs, food, and mayhem. There is usually a lot of places to crash a short stumble away in Sincheon as well.
>>
File: south korea.jpg (6MB, 2403x1616px) Image search: [Google]
south korea.jpg
6MB, 2403x1616px
it's actually a pretty cool place to visit. seoul is pretty polluted but it's still an absolutely mind-bending city, korean people are friendly enough and know how to have a good time, the countryside and scenery are really nice, cool culture if you know where to look.

your money goes a long way there too and it's pretty cool to see how far they've come since the war wrecked everything. it's not the same thing as japan, it's not worse just different.
>>
>>1269455
Korea is kool.

Nothing wrong with SK, it's just an odd choice because whatever it is you seek either China, Japan or Thailand likely provides more of it or better.

Korean is the best Asian language though.
>>
File: 1496982204968.png (229KB, 628x708px) Image search: [Google]
1496982204968.png
229KB, 628x708px
How the fuck do you type "smash that fucking "like" button" in Hangul? Is that even an expression in Korean?
>>
>>1284338
스매쉬 댓 퍼킹 라잌 버튼
>>
I have 5 days in either taiwan or south korea

what would you do?
>>
File: 04_big[1].jpg (63KB, 640x416px) Image search: [Google]
04_big[1].jpg
63KB, 640x416px
>>1269542
>Belgium
>boring
Obviously, you're not an alcoholic.
>>
>>1284367
Taiwan >>>>>> South Korea
Thread posts: 257
Thread images: 21

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.