[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

colombia questions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

hey /trv/

I am heading to Colombia in about 2 weeks, probably by plane from Panama to Bogota. This was a pretty spontaneous decision and I haven't had a lot of time to research the country. I want to end up in Ecuador by bus later to have about a total of 1 month in Colombia.

Since the peace agreement it seems like Colombia will be safer than before, but I obviously still have concerns about safety because of its reputation. Mainly afraid of scopolamin and the ELN. anyone who has traveled there recently and can recommend a good route from bogota? which areas to avoid and which are a must see? i am mainly interested in nature and archeology.

I was in Guatemala for a month and it seemed fine outside of the city, so I would imagine Colombia wont give me too much trouble, just coming to /trv/ for some pointers and experiences from others who have already been there or even live there.
>>
>>1269376
What do you want to hear? It's safe, millions of tourists go there.
>>
Did Colombia two years ago and in Mexico right now. In Latin America, I've also been to Nicaragua, Costa Rica, and Ecuador.

Colombia isn't overly safe, per se, but your biggest risks come from pickpockets, muggers, and armed robbery, rather than scopalamine or paramilitary organisations.

I didn't have any problems while there, but I did meet a handful of people who'd been robbed (mostly while drunk or walking in places they shouldn't have been walking, like down Montserrate after sunset).

Was walking with some Colombians down an alleyway when two dudes with their hoods up came out from behind a corner and started fast-walking towards us. Colombians started running away and I did too.

About the worst that happened.

Maintain some situational awareness, don't take more money than you need with you at night, and use apps like Uber and EasyTaxi to get around past sunset, especially if you're a little tipsy.

All fairly typical stuff for the region.

There's always a chance you could get unlucky, but you cut your chances of becoming a victim in half by remembering where you are and not acting like a drunk dummy or clueless tourist.
>>
>>1269836
Ok sounds like the typical precautions then, I don't know why Colombia has such a bad reputation in my mind. I guess as always people latch on to the worst news and spread that as an excuse to never visit.

If anyone has some tips for beautiful nature spots and small comfy towns they recommend I would love to compare it with what I am currently researching to buildup a route to take.
>>
>>1269836
Yeah, seconding this. It's all situational awareness and getting info from locals on where to go / where not to go. Or in the absence of that, taking ubers door to door at first. But regardless the chance of violence is low, just some chance of losing some stuff.

>>1269995
Minca! The common destinations in Colombia - Medellin, Cali, Bogota, Cartagena, etc - are not very comfy. Minca was amazing and totally safe to go hike around, and it still feels pretty empty.

As a side note, I'd say the most popular activity for western guys when they're in Colombia is to try and fuck Colombian girls. Just don't bother in Medellin despite what you hear, because the local women are very skeptical of gringos there. Lots of better places to go and date.
>>
>>1269376
That's a weird-ass Mountain what is it and where is it called?
>>
>>1270006
PeƱol de guatape IIRC. It's a few hour bus ride away from Medellin and probably the biggest tourist attraction in the area. You can walk up to the top up some steps. I guess it's worth doing but not that exciting in reality desu.
>>
>>1270003

I found women in Bogota to be much, much, much more approachable than their counterparts in Medellin. In fact, I regularly had girls approaching me.

I was in a relationship at the time, so I didn't do much, but I noticed a marked difference between Bogota and Medellin in that regard nevertheless.
>>
>>1270126
Great to hear, I'm thinking of going to Bogota next week.

I can imagine that Medellin was a paradise back around 2008-2010 when things became safe and no gringos went there. I've met a bunch of Paisa women living outside of Medellin that I've hooked up with since then, but when I was living in Medellin it was so damn difficult to get anywhere.
>>
>>1270180

I'm a pretty average-looking, 5'10" white guy with blond hair.

I wasn't getting attention from supermodels by any means, but it was way easier to meet cute 7-8/10 girls than at home.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.