[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 3

File: ghoulies1.jpg (126KB, 630x420px) Image search: [Google]
ghoulies1.jpg
126KB, 630x420px
At what age should stop staying in hostels?

I have a trip coming up in September, going to visit some friends in France and Finland. In between ill make a few stops and see some cities. Thing is I'm 26. I traveled Europe back when I was 19 and 23. I felt a little old for some places even when I was 23. This time around I fear might be over the cusp. What do? I don't want to be seen as the creepy old guy trying to hook up with 18 year olds, I still want to do fun hostel shit though.
>>
I wouldn't even worry about it. I see dudes in their fifties in hostels all the time and they're always fun to talk to. You're far from the cusp, my guy.
>>
>>1269226
Protip: no one gives a fuck, and the older you get the less you will give a Fuck about what others think. Stay wherever you want and the others can go to hell
>>
>>1269226
I've felt old at 26 and young at 30 in hostels. Depends on hostel and country. Stop caring that much.
>>
>>1269226
It's not an age thing

It's a getting sick of dorm room bullshit thing.

Then you graduate to private rooms, then Airbnb
>>
No one gives a fuck. Literally.

Also the majority of the hostels I've been had people from 20-30 years old, with the occasional older dude drinking beer in the common hall and the occasional noisy group of 16yo and their first trip abroad. So your age is quite average for hostels.
>>
>>1269226
Hosteling International (HI) offers membership cards up to 27. Which is a pretty good age for moving on to apartments/guest houses/hotels. But it really depends on the person.

At the beginning i thought hostels are for teens with backpacks and sparkles in their eyes, but after the years you learn that you will find people of all ages and different reasons why they stay in hostels. Here is a short list of reasons people had:

- some are looking for a job at a foreign country or city and need a cheap stay
- people get thrown out or relocated because of there poor standard of living
- family and groups who can't afford several rooms
- spontan couples at the peak of the season without booking for hotels (yeah we can just go there an ask for a room)
- Your 90 days are over so you go over the border and wait until the grace period is over and you can enter again for 90 days
- student applies for a job at the other side of he continent. Has nothing more than a small bag and his suit for his interview. Sits around all day until the day of the interview
- Sometimes people are stranded on places they didn't expect and they just don't have the budget for a hotel
>>
Why anglos (especially americans) are always so concerned about their age? Do you guys live in an alternate reality, at 26 years old you're not a teenager anymore ofc, but you're still far from being "old" for anything.
>>
>>1269303
US is more age-centric when it comes to friendships and especially dating. I was just as worried as OP when I did a RTW at age 30 but found it to be a 100% non-problem. Plenty of early 20s girls were into it too surprisingly.
>>
>>1269226
35 if you follow the Contiki guidelines.

But I've seen people as old as 60 at some in Lima. Truth be told if not for hostels some people could not afford to travel, and not everyone is content to spend their entire life in a shit toen working the same min. wage job as 19 years olds until death just because they fucked up their youth.
>>
>>1269303
26 is definitely young.
>>
File: 1404506879359.gif (2MB, 176x144px) Image search: [Google]
1404506879359.gif
2MB, 176x144px
>>1269582
>if you follow the Contiki guidelines
>>
With 22y, I was the youngest guy in a Vancouver hostel. Met a canadian guy who was 35, an asian who was about 50 and a lot of people in their late 20s. Didn't see any kids there.
>>
>>1269226
Seriously- why the fuck would you care what 18-19 year old kids think?
>>
>>1269638
This; kek. Grow up, OP
>>
>>1269664

Growing up would be having disposable income to pay for a hotel.
>>
>>1269672
>yes goy, shell out for 5 stars hotels

Nice try shill
>>
File: 1417394460160.jpg (97KB, 800x500px) Image search: [Google]
1417394460160.jpg
97KB, 800x500px
>>1269672
>2017
>staying in a hotel
>>
>>126967

I'll have plenty of time to stay in nice hotels when I'll be an old fart looking for all the comforts, or when i'll travel with my future wife and kids. Now that I'm young, i prefer much more staying in a hostel, where meeting new people is easier, I spend less money so I have more cash to make the trip longer, and because there's much more freedom
>>
>>1269226
>I felt a little old for some places even when I was 23

What the literal fuck? I don't feel any older at 23 than I did at 18. You almost never see people in hostels that are under 20, because in most cases they aren't able to afford to travel if their parents don't blow them money in the arse.

In my opinion most people traveling in hostels are around 20-27, with a few older guys and women at 28-30. After that it drops off, but it's super common to see guys 30-50 in hiking or skiing hostels and then there's the special snowflake 50-70 year old guys but if you are still interested in solo traveling at that age you are probably one active motherfucker.

The only people that stand out in hostels are weird smelly guys.
>>
>>1269226
26/27 (whenever those membership cards expire, forgot if it was 26 or 27)

If you don't have the money for a normal accommodation and gf/friends to use it with after that, you're a creepy loser anyway.
>>
>>1269720
I do not understand what you pic, or post is meant to imply.

Anyway I was 27 the first time I traveled abroad and I had never heard the word hostel before. Where I come from people rarely leave the state and if the do it's just your brothers son-in-law off to get shot by 'sandniggers'

So pardon me if I'd like to make up for some lost time.
>>
Whenever you feel like it. You'll lose interest in sleeping in shared dorm rooms long before you're old enough to be "creepy" just by your presence.
>>
>>1269226
Young at heart 52 yo here. I've stopped traveling much these days but sometimes I'll check into a mixed dorm at a local hostel and try to score some young traveler type. Mostly end up having a wank or 10 in my bunk though
>>
>>1269226
36 here, but I look around 26. I get it all the time. For me, lodging is pretty much just storage and a place to sleep. Why spend the money for a hotel?

I get in late, crash, get up early, clean up, and I'm out again.
>>
>>1270161
Oh, and I do avoid places that market themselves as, "party hostels."
>>
>>1270096
>52
>travels
>scores with younger girls
You must be like 7 feet tall and a habitual drug user......is that you Anthony Bourdain?
>>
>>1269226
If it's any consolation, in Siem Reap one year ago I met a 50 years old American redneck, in the same hostel as me.
>>
Unless you're going to a party hostel, who the fuck cares? One of the most memorable characters I met travelling across Europe 5 years ago was a posh Englishman in his late 30s. Everyone thought he was great.
>>
I'm 30, I stay in hostels cause I want to travel as long as I can. I only earn an average worker drone wage so I can't splurge on expensive stays, but then again, why would I want to miss out on the social aspect of staying in hostels?

I do look a bit younger when I shave my beard, people say I look around mid-20s age but this never comes up until after I know them for a while. People just don't care what age you are unless you're a fucking creep, which you could be at any age really.
>>
>>1269298
This is how it went to me. Airbnb is cool because you don't have to pay for the stupid shit you pay for in a hotel, but you also don't have to deal with young people having fun with stuff you no longer enjoy.

>>1269993
Hotels are a waste of money, if you are under 50 you should know a better way to spend it when you need a place to sleep or travel. After you have stayed in enough hotels you realize you could save 30-50 dollars a night and never know the difference if you did a little research.
>>
>>1270232
I'd rather just stay in the cheapest motel I can. Having privacy is important to me, it doesn't seem worth it to stay in a dorm just to save money. If saving money is all that matters, why not just be homeless when you travel? It would cost $0 a night.
>>
>>1269582
>Contiki guidelines

the what now?
>>
Nobody will think twice if you're an alright dude. If people are weirded out by you there, I guarantee it wouldn't be your age that gives people the creeps.
>>
>>1269298
This. I've been to hostels twice and both times they sucked. AirBnB is definitely the way to go. How do hotels and hostels even compete?
>>
>>1269301
I'm pretty sure the age limit has been removed years ago.
>>
Went on a short break for my birthday this week, stayed in a hostel met an 83 year old American from Phoenix, whose travelling around europe after her husband died. She would go to the hostel bars have 2 rum and cokes and head to bed at 10
>>
>>1271413
Why didn't you fuck her?
>>
>>1271416
Low T
>>
>>1269779
>wierd smelly guys
what if i have been called wierd and smelly, and also autistic in my home country?
will people in hostels notice?
>>
>>1270505

son many hostels have a mix of accommodations from dorms to private rooms to family rooms. some hostels have age limits but typically no. source: used to manage a hostel part time.
>>
>>1271646
if you get a private room, I'm doubting it would be much cheaper than a low end motel
>>
>>1271644

Take a shower first son
>>
>>1269720
I fucking love staying in hotels.
>>
>>1270166
fucking kek
>>
>>1272106
It's not even like it has to be expensive. I paid 69 dollars a night to stay in the heart of Washington DC in a decent hotel, whatever discount I would have got from using a hostel, if they even exist in DC, would not have been worth it.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.