[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Montenegro

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 3

File: kotor_medium.jpg (2MB, 1600x1063px) Image search: [Google]
kotor_medium.jpg
2MB, 1600x1063px
>cheap
>decent English
>beautiful

Why haven't you gone yet you shit pot?
>>
>>1268719
>cheap
Chinese tourists
>decent English
American tourists
>beautiful
Art majors
>>
Nah, it's shit. The views are decent, but the eastern europe-like mentality ruins this country. Everyone's trying to scum you, russians everywhere, dirty, stinky, totally not worth it. I'd rather pay twice as much and visit Croatia, where they don't try to rip you off on every corner.
>>
>>1268749
I'm thinking of going to Split. Where in Croatia have you been and what do you think?
>>
>>1268751
Depends on what your expectations are. Split is really beautiful, I liked it very much, although there are cities with better beaches in Croatia in my opinion. But it's a choice as good as any actually, the old town is amazing, I'm sure you won't regret it either way.
I actually took the road trip along the coast, so I was in many places, but in each just for the short time. I liked Dubrovnik of course, but it's horribly expensive. To be honest, I don't think you can choose the wrong place in Croatia, if you're staying near the coast that is. I have fond feelings about Makarska, since you can enjoy both sea and mountains at the same time, but I'm sure there are other beautiful places, nearby islands are also spectacular.
Montenegro has the same beautiful scenery (as well as Albania), if you don't mind more poverty and specific mindset of locals you'd be just as satisfied. For me it was too much, though.
>>
>>1268749
Montenegro is actually more expensive than Croatia. It's the most expensive Balkan country.
>>
>>1268780
It's not.
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/compare_countries_result.jsp?country1=Croatia&country2=Montenegro
>>
>>1268719
something about a heatwave?
>>
File: 1494980381323.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1494980381323.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>1268749
>eastern europe-like mentality ruins this country
What exactly is that? Because this mentality created this country.

>Everyone's trying to scum you
First time tourist in a 2nd world country where tourism is big but not as big as last year and you're at the tourist hot spots?

>russians everywhere
They're everywhere anyway, again, tourist hotspots
>>
>>1268749
>Everyone's trying to scum you, russians everywhere, dirty, stinky, totally not worth it
so it's Italy without the niggers? got you
>>
>>1269213
>What exactly is that? Because this mentality created this country.

People dumping waste on the streets, trying to scam you on every corner, never smiling, never genuinely polite unless they see the chance to rob you off your money. Always loud, rude, treating you like some kind of livestock.
I paid additional 25 euros per person to get english speaking tour, of course I was scammed, of course the tour was in Russian and of course no one gave a fuck about it.
And no, Russians aren't everywhere, they are in the cheap and dirty places because that's all they can afford. And seriously, it was the first time in my life when people in the country got mad at me not because I didn't speak their language, but because I didn't speak Russian.
You know what country is also a tourist hotspot? Croatia. And unlike Montenegro or Albania it's civilized enough for a person to enjoy their vacation.

>>1269215

>so it's Italy without the niggers? got you

Exactly.
>>
>>1269215
>totally no
There aren't "russians everywhere" in Italy.
>>
>>1269215
fucking this, italys whole tourist industry is a huge scam, got my insurance money stolen from a Roman hostel, fuck italy never going back, maybe just to northern italy but thats it
>>
Driving from podgorica to dubrovnic while passing through tivat, kotor, budva ECT at the end of the month.

Cannot fucking wait!!
>>
Official Balkans Tourism / Travel Ratings:

1. Croatia
2. Greece
POWER GAP

3. Albania
4. Montenegro

POWER GAP

5. Bulgaria
6.Serbia
>>
>>1270339
Official Real Traveller™ Balkan Travel Rankings ©:

1. Kosovo
2. Albania excluding the coast
POWER GAP

3. Bulgaria excluding the coast
4. Serbia excluding Beograd
5. Montenegro excluding the coast
POWER GAP

6. Coastal Albania
7. Coastal Montenegro
8. Coastal Bulgaria
POWER GAP

9. Croatia
10. Greece

Like, how can you call yourself a real traveler if you haven't even been to Mizia in Bulgaria?
>>
File: 1498523735768.jpg (80KB, 712x528px) Image search: [Google]
1498523735768.jpg
80KB, 712x528px
First time back on /trv/ in like two years and the top thread is my specific interest. Noice.

I'm flying into Serbia this November and then hitting up the rest of the Balkans, including Montenegro. I work for an airline so my benefits extend to a huge majority of partner airlines and I save a lot of money on flights, but I was considering using trains for the majority of my trip which should span about 20 days. Can anyone here recommend some sights to see in the Balkans or things to do? I've never been before and I'd like to get a rough itinerary in order beforehand. Pic unrelated.
>>
>>1270361
made me cringe, nice.
>>
>>1270361
>forgetting to list the FYROM

Need me to teach you how to tie a noose?
>>
>>1270361
Where would you put Slovenia?
>>
>>1270362
Tara Canyon, Jajca, Mostar, Ostrog Monastery, Perast, Kotor, Budva, Lovcen National Park
>>
>>1270427

He mentioned Bulgaria.
>>
>>1268762
2nd for Makarska, used to go there as a kid
>>
so best place in montenegro for a tourist who want some real montenegro?
>>
>>1271150
Nikšić.
>>
>>1271150
>real Montenegro

You do know that Montenegro and Serbia used to be one country, right? Montenegro is rightful Serbian clay, so if you want to see "real" Montenegro, it does not exist because Montenegro is illegitimate, like Kosovo
Thread posts: 26
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.