[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Best/Worst places you've visited

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 171
Thread images: 11

File: map-pin.jpg (67KB, 1067x800px) Image search: [Google]
map-pin.jpg
67KB, 1067x800px
For me:
Best: Dublin
Worst: Maracaibo
>>
>>1268699
Best: Utah, shit felt like being on mars
Worst: Yogyakarta. Besides Borobudur nearby it was a boring cesspool.
>>
>>1268699
Irish person here. Glad you enjoyed Dublin, I lived there for 3 years and it can be amazing fun if you make it.

For me:
>Best
Shanghai. Lived there for a while, and it'll always be my spiritual home, there's nowhere in the world quite like it
>Worst
Fuzhou. It's actually not a bad city, but I just couldn't wait to gtfo of there, got on a boat to Matsu the next morning. FZ doesn't have a huge amount to do, eat or see
>>
Best: Samoa
Worst: Berlin
>>
>>1268839
>Fuzhou.

My wife is from there. She speaks highly of it but she came from the mountain region outside the city.
>>
Best: NYC
Worst: Hunedoara
>>
>>1268869
The surrounding area is beautiful from what I remember, and it's on the sea, but that city just really rubbed me up the wrong way, can't remember why
>>
Best: Romania
Worst: Ireland
>>
Best-Finland
Worst-Scotland
>>
Best: Tokyo
Worst: Beppu
>>
>>1268917
>Worst-Scotland
Are you fucking kidding me?
>>
>>1268914
Gypsy pls go

I have no gold for you
>>
>>1268839

How to make Dublin amazing fun? Will be there soon
>>
>Best
Portugal (weather, food, history, architecture, friendly ppl)

>Worst
Midwest USA (probably comfy places to live, but not much for a traveller)
>>
>>1268972
Get drunk, basically

Get some nice food, go on the pints, meet some nice people. That's Ireland in a nutshell really.

Stay south of the river, northside is very shit and dodgy.

And if you have more then a few days gtfo of Dublin and see the country
>>
Best: Tehran, Iran. Isfahan, Yazd and Shiraz are nicer cities but I met some absolute legends in Tehran who made it such an amazing experience.

Worst: Tuba City, Arizona. Turns out native reservations are third world and depressing as fuck
>>
Best Country: Finland / Latvia

Best City: Prague / Budapest / Shanghai / Reno

Best State: Tennessee

Worst Country: Tunisia / Turkey

Worst City: Stoke / Las Vegas

Worst State: Indiana
>>
>>1268922
Scotland is a shithole full of poor people. The highlands are beautiful, yeah, but it's hardly a top tier country
>>
>>1268699
Best: Anywhere in cuba, it has an atmosphere unlike any other country.
Worst: Athens
>>
Best International: Barcelona
Worst International: Phenom Penh

Best Domestic: Carmel, CA
Worst Domestic: San Antonio, TX
>>
>>1269092
San antonio is a fun city, did you live there or something?
>>
>>1269065
Why Turkey? I could understand we being a bad experience for a traveller, but saying it's worst seems like a stretch.
>>
Best: Prague, Czech Republic

Worst: Puerto Rico
>>
Best: Casamance region, Senegal
Worst: Ubud, Bali
>>
>>1269073
Every country has poverty. By any other standard -- nature, history, cuisine, booze, music, culture, friendliness of people...Scotland is hard to beat.

>>1268858
What's good about Samoa? Never been. Can anyone compare it to Hawaii?
>>
Best: Yellowstone national park
Worst: Bruges, Belgium
>>
>>1269065
>>1268917
>Finland
Why? What has Finland of interesting?
Curious
>>
>>1268699
Best: Larung Gar

Worst: Arenys de Munt
>>
Best: Pattaya
Worst: Boston
>>
>>1269108
I did live there for 5 years. Is it more fun as a visitor? I can see how that might work for a couple days, but there's about 20 other places in Texas you could and should go first regardless of your interests.
>>
>>1269127
> history
> cuisine
> culture
> music

I guess you're right about the nature and you're definetly right about booze, but art and cuisine? Come on now
>>
>>1269127
>friendliness of people

What is this meme Scots are a bunch of fat, depressesed dour cunts
>>
File: IMG_20170625_164753_187.jpg (367KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170625_164753_187.jpg
367KB, 1080x1080px
Best city: Kyoto
Best beach: Miyakojima (pic related)
Best country: Japan
Worst city: Manila
Overrated dont go: Bali
Best food: malaysia
>>
Best city: either Kiev or Budapest
Worst: Wroclaw
>>
File: 1490724174973.jpg (34KB, 236x210px) Image search: [Google]
1490724174973.jpg
34KB, 236x210px
>>1268699

Globally:
Best: Seville, Spain
Worst: Paris

In the US:
Best: NYC
Worst: Boston (unless you count Nebraska and New Jersey, but those places are expected to suck.)
>>
>>1269332
As someone from Wrocław, you got me curious. What was so terrible? Did you just expect more sights and were disappointed or is there more to it?
>>
>>1269332
What's so bad about Wroclaw?
>>
>>1269112
I went when I was 10 to a couple of shitty resort towns in the late 90s. A couple of older guys tried to snatch me off the street. I'm not joking, so it's hard for me to look at Turkey objectively now.
>>
>>1269154
OK, the cuisine isn't for everyone, but I personally like it. You can't beat a rustic bowl of hot stovies to end a drunken night. As for the culture, Edinburgh is easily one of the top 3 epicenters of modern British culture and creativity.

>>1269258
Unless you've lived in Scotland longer than I have (5 years) I'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're unjustly biased.
>>
Best: Berlin
Worst: N/A (all fairly positive travel experiences so far)

Way Better than Expected: Pittsburgh
Way Worse than Expected: Copenhagen
>>
>>1269065
>Best city: Reno
Really? Where are you from, and what did you like about it in particular? I have done fairly extensive work in Reno, and while I'd admit that it has some perverse, slightly depressing charm in a pretty OK natural setting, as a city it's not in the top... let's say 200 I've visited worldwide.

And while I've definitely liked some of the small amount of Tennessee I've passed through (some great mountain scenery, some small, distinctive charm in the cities), it's not on my shortlist of states, either. So what about TN really does it for you?
>>
>>1269065
>>1269420
But I'm with you that Indiana sucks.
>>
>>1269420
I was only in Reno for a few days (I'm from the UK) but something about the 70s era rundown tourist aesthetic and the friendly local methhead population really charmed me. I met an old guy that runs a donut shop with his Thai bride, then picked up some of my finest Goodwill thrifts there. The drive up to Tahoe from Reno is also one of my favourites, it's such a scenic route.

Nashville is well worth a visit too, I spent a decent amount of time there and it's a great part of the world. The Smokys are alright but nothing too special.
>>
Best: Seoul, Korea. Historic sites, unique culture, fun atmosphere.

Worst: Gaspe region, Canada. Depressing towns and boring as fuck
>>
>>1269258
I lived there for 2 years and couldn't disagree more. Scots are awesome.
>>
>>1268984
Chicago didnt do anything for you?
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>1269092
> not liking the grittiness of Phnom Penh

Nah I agree, outside the Foreign Correspondants Club and Naga World it's a rough city. At least weed was cheap and plentiful.

> Best

Poland in general. Really friendly/semi traditional people and a country that feels very authentic. When I spent time in France or Germany it felt more international, less French/German. Whereas Poland felt very Polish pretty much everywhere and I loved the strength of the culture with all the amenities of a 1st world nation.

> Worst
Sihanoukville, Cambodia. Basically a Cambodian Phuket, so as bad as that city but dirtier and more degenerate. Thank God we found Otres which was close and completely night and day different. Pic is Otres sunset
>>
>>1268699
Best: Italy, but that's also because I just love italian food so I guess I am a bit biased in this
Worst: Suriname. That place is just really really weird. Imagine what happens if you get west africans, Indians, chinese and indonesians all together in one small country ( it's literally the capital and some surrounding areas unless you like the jungle) in South America, speaking dutch. It's nice if you're dutch but besides that I don't see any reason for anyone to go there on a trip
>>
>>1270589
Actually you're just making it sound like an interesting and unique place.
>>
>>1270592
Well iit is certainly unique but the country itself just doesn't have much to offer. Paramaribo is ok-ish but you've basically seen it all after two days and there's just nothing more you really need to see in the country because there's just nothing more to do
>>
Best: Istanbul
Worst: Adelaide
>>
Best:Tokyo
Worst: Hanoi
>>
Best: Le Mans, France
Worst: Rio de Janeiro, Brazil

Brazil has so many good places to visit, and yet everyone goes to their shittiest big city, unironically.
>>
>>1268699
best : iceland, sardegna
worst : london, corse
>>
>>1270589
Never met someone else who's been to Suriname. Taking a boat up on the Surinamerivier and chilling in the jungle for a couple of days is comfy, though (went there for my work).
Granted, I did finish Ulysses and a couple of other books in my time in Suriname. There's not really anything to do.

Best: Difficult, but I'm going to say Croatia. Like Italy, but a good deal cheaper.
Worst: we should drop an atomic bomb on French Guiana. Nothing of value would be lost, and no-one would even notice.
>>
>>1268699
Best: Amalfi
Worst: New York
>>
Best: Worst
Italy: except Rome
>>
Best: Taipei
Worst: Dubai

Taiwan and especially Taipei is just made for me. Very lively, nice weather, lots of things to do, nice food, busy but not too busy, great transport system, nice people. Loved it there.

Dubai is a sandy gray manufactured shithole.
>>
>>1268699
Best: Kyoto, Japan
Worst: Cebu, Philippines, so overrated
>>
File: a3a.jpg (41KB, 680x383px) Image search: [Google]
a3a.jpg
41KB, 680x383px
You should also explain why you hated/liked each place, just to make this thread a bit more interesting

Best Place: Valencia, in Spain. Super comfy, full of young people (especially foreigners learning spanish, so there's a good nightlife) clean and with a lot of parks and activities to do at night, plus the city centre is full of pedestrian roads so you can really enjoy it

worst: I've never really been to a place that I completely hated 100% when I travelled.. maybe some dusty and half abandoned cities in Bolivia, when our bus stopped for a while during the trip. Can't even remember the names of those places.
>>
File: inbruges460.jpg (48KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
inbruges460.jpg
48KB, 460x276px
>>1269128
But that place is like a fucking fairytale
>>
>>1269350
I like you.
>>
>>1270714
>corse
Why? From what I've been able to discern it's beautiful
>>
>>1268699
Best: Prague
Worst: Genoa
>>
>>1270713
What was so bad about Rio?
I guess you need to have a local guide here in order to visit the best places, not only tourist traps... Although I agree Brazil has a lot of great places to visit, the thing about Rio is that it has nature, culture (sometimes hard to find due to not being promoted to tourists) and nightlife
>>
>>1271993
I don't know why but its basically 4chan tradition to shit on Brazil at every opportunity.
>>
>>1272002
liveleak
>>
>>1269073
I live in Scotland and youre right, it's only fun in Scotland if you're Scottish besides that there's not much unless you go to Edinburgh
>>
Best: too many to choose from
Worst: Athens

The Greek capital isn't objectively the worst place I've visited by almost any metric, but it was, far and away, my biggest let-down.

I started that trip in Istanbul - a city for which I had no expectations and knew little about, but wound up loving immensely.

Athens was the place I thought I was absolutely going to love. I was surprised when most of the city seemed to be a hot and smog-filled, graffiti-covered concrete jungle.
>>
Best: London, but mostly for sentimental reasons
Worst: Probably a tie between Ft. Worth, Texas (boring as fuck, Texans are annoying, the city also shut down while I was there because of a ten minute snow flurry), and Cancun (dirty and full of annoying tourists and touts, also more expensive than anywhere near it)

The rest of Yucatan is fucking great, though. Merida is near the top of my list for sure.
>>
>>1271993
Every other big city in Brazil I visited were basically better than Rio for a tourist. Because the status of Rio everything is expensive, you can't walk on the city because nothing exists in the west side that a tourist would know, subway doesn't work, natives are full of shit. Meanwhile Sao Paulo gets all of that covered AND has a comfy japanese street, Salvador have amazing museums and sights even though it's a dangerous city, Belo Horizoche has some of the best food in the world and it's cheap even on the touristy places and Florianopolis makes you wonder if you even are in South America.
>>

Worst: Hong Kong, Hanoi is a close too
>>
>>1272008
>for sentimental reasons
Go on...
>>
>>1272002
If shitting on Brazil is telling the reality..
>>1271993
Its a violent place and its dirty
>>1272003
This
>>
>>1269377
Give me the deets, did your dad stomp them?
>>
>>1270714
>>1271101
london is shit, overcrowded and overrated. though it doesnt stink of piss like paris does
>>
Best: New Zealand
Worst: Philadelphia
>>
>>1270690
why adelaide anon?
>>
>>1272124
t. person who has never been in brazil
>>
>>1272176
philly cant possibly be the worst. if youre a visitor hanging around south street or fishtown is a blast and I always hear good things from tourists after they've seen the arts on broad st or downtown. what did you hate about it?
>>
>>1270914
Thanks, anon.

That means a lot, especially coming from you.
>>
File: 1498765011453.jpg (117KB, 716x767px) Image search: [Google]
1498765011453.jpg
117KB, 716x767px
>>1272273
>>1270914

And what are yours?
>>
Best: Iceland, BC+Alberta
Worst: Greece
Best: Vancouver
Worst: NYC
>>
>>1272191
t. Rio de Janeiro resident who got triggered
Didn't the olympics proved enough?
>>
>>1272281
t. person who has never been in brazil
>>
>>1272122
It's nothing really special. I went there during a shit time in my life, and the trip was the first time I'd been happy in years. Plus, I was staying with a relative that was pretty well-off, so I got to do pretty much anything I wanted, which was pretty sweet. I guess there's a lot of things about that city you can complain about (although to me, there's nothing there that isn't also true of other big cities), but there's tons of cool shit to do there, and if you go with the intent of having fun, you definitely will.
>>
>>1268699
best: ayuttaya
worst - chiang mai
>>
File: 20160521_174531.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20160521_174531.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>1269505
>>1269505

Yeah sihanoukville has the worst fucking accomadations and is full of Russian mobsters but I'd kill someone to go to Otres again. I spent the entire day there with a friend relaxing in the sun having .50 can't beers and only got hassled for money once. Watched a storm roll in with some Russian qts and saw a fucking water spout. As night fell lightning started and we had our own personal light show.

Fuck the ocean there tho. Went swimming in it and felt something brush my leg and that was that. Also, all kinds of shit was floating in. I guess that's SEA for you
>>
>>1269377
Gypsies.
>>
>>1270700
I loved Hanoi. What is there not to like?
>>
>>1269043
wtf would make you to go Tuba?
>>
>>1272323
>>1272032
Same question for you
>>
>>1272287
I'm brazilian, idiot
Não vale a pena esconder a verdade crl, Rio de Janegro é o pior lugar do Brasil
Vcs fodem com a imagem do Brasil
>>
Best: Vancouver

Worst: Nassau
>>
>>1272349
kkkkkkk nunca vou entender esse recalque com o Rio. Claro que tem muitos problemas, mas tem várias coisas fodas tbm. De qualquer forma, não dá pra esperar muito de quem escreve Rio de Janegro
>>
Best: Lima
Worst: Oslo

Basically fuck every major Scandinavian city.
>>
>>1270690
Yeah Adelaide is shit. Fk Rundall mall. Hot girls but
>>
>>1272308
>something brushed my leg in the ocean

m8 what the fuck. It's the ocean, not a pool
>>
Best: New Zealand, lined there for 10 months, been all over and absolutely loved it!

Worst: Oslo, Copenhagen
>>
Worst: Cluj-Napoca
Best: Glasgow (ended up living there, too)
>>
>>1268921
kek I lost my virginity in Beppu so it's pretty high up on my list
>>
>>1272471
>kkkkkkkk
Tinha que ser do Rio mesmo
Desde quando é que se tem recalque por um lugar violento e sujo eim?
>>
>>1268699
>Best: Dublin
Don't get me wrong, I love Dublin but if that's the best place you've visited then I guess you didn't travel much
>>
>>1272472

You're one of the first I've seen praising Lima. What did you love about it?

I've been there and Cusco and far preferred Cusco.
>>
Best: Lake Powell
Worst: I don't exactly coansider them as "bad places" but I really didn't enjoy visiting Vienna and Amsterdam
>>
>>1268921
同して別府好くじゃないか
>>
File: ab.jpg (24KB, 244x209px) Image search: [Google]
ab.jpg
24KB, 244x209px
>Best
Paris. I went before Allah (pbuh) willed it to become a caliphate of glorious Islam. I ate some tasty cuisine at a little bistro, got to drink wine even though I was a teenager, and made out with some chicks. I hear people talk about it now and it's pretty sad. I guess my trip was about 10 years ago so I'm glad I got to go when I did.

>Worst
Indiana. I just drove through but it was pretty lame.
>>
Worst, Oslo
Depressing, expensive, full of gypsies and public transport is third world country tier. Rest of the country is packed full of amazing sights but the capitol is a waste of time.

Best depends on what mood I'm in when you ask me. Serengeti and Ngorongoro are great for all the obvious reasons. Muscat and Oman in general was extremely nice and had everything to offer. Same with Croatia.
Absolute best was probably Tusheti in Georgia. Fantastic landscape, beautiful and cozy small villages with very friendly locals and exellent food. Tblisi was also a very pleasant surprise and highly recommended.
>>
>>1272755
>Oslo
>public transport is third world country tier

What makes you say that? It's pretty normal for a European city. Miles ahead of anything in America.
>>
>>1272626
>>1268921
>>1272740
Is Beppu really that shitty and only good for sex? Seems like it couldn't be that bad.

If it is that bad, is it worth it for the sex?
>>
>>1272658
I loved Cusco as well! If you overlook the extreme poverty and poor health, Lima is an amazing city. One of the best culinary cities in the world, the ocean, 4k years of human history, great people.
>>
>>1272755
Not to mention expensive as shit for being a "city."
>>
Best: Portimao/Portugal

The place is just awesome, beautiful beaches, very affordable, friendly folks.

Worst: Paris

Overcrowded, disorganized, complete overrated stench hole.
>>
Worst: Penang
>>
>>1272812
I agree that the food was amazing, but I understand that to be a Peru thing in general, not just in Lima.

There's a crazy huge bar called Ayahuasca there that was pretty incredible. Did you happen to check it out?
>>
Best: Hong Kong
Worst: Bahrain, it's a shithole
>>
Guam is a nice place to go. The airline tickets cost the same as if youwere going to Hawaii but Guam hasn't been ruined by the tourist industry like Hawaii.

It's still relatively untouched and it's beautiful. The people are more friendly than in Hawaii. You can also get an island hopper flight 45 minutes away to Saipan for about $70 bucks.

If you're into WWII history, Saipan is a great place to see. They still have tanks and Japanese airplanes in the jungle that you can climb on and sit in. It was really cool.
>>
The Marshall Islands were a giant letdown. The place is beautiful but it's hard to get a decent meal or even a cold beer. Most places have nothing but dirt floors and chickens running around and shitting on everything. Not sanitary at all.

Palau is awesome however.
>>
wtf is up with people itt

Rio is only second to Sao Paulo here in Brazil. I don't know what Brazil you are guys visiting that is cleane, safer AND more fun than Rio or SP.
>>
>>1272349
>Rio de Janeiro is the worst place of Brazil
No. It is both Ilhéus (the only place I saw a leper in my life) and Campinas
>>
>>1273069
Rio is worse than all that places, you cant hide the truth, fellow carioca
Violence, dirty places... what can you ask more?
>>
>>1273193
Rio is huge bro, it has some utterly shitty shitholes, yes, but if you stay in the more tourist-friendly areas it is an amazing city. Tons of beaches, waterfalls, trails, museums, historical buildings, exquisite places such as Lapa and etc. Few places in the world have such a high level of urbanization and culture in a natural setting such as Rio's.

You're just judging Rio by sensationalist news.

AGAIN, I'm not saying it is the best place in Brazil, but you're just reproducing a dumb idea that all Rio has is its violence.
>>
>>1269079
you mean like an utterly destroyed post-war like commie shithole atmosphere?
>>
Best: Portugal
Worst: Dublin
>>
Best-- Reykjavik
Worst-- San Antonio
>>
>>1272812
Lima is only appealing to other South Americans.
>>
>>1269112
The floating trash and stench while sailing into Marmaris should have been my warning. Though admittedly, I had a better experience than I was expecting. I will say I felt slightly less safe being an American in Turkey versus other countries, but most people I met were friendly enough. I didn't like constantly being solicited to buy counterfeit merchandise, but then again it's the Eastern med so that's kind of expected.
>>
>>1272755
Try Bergen or Stavanger next time, they're beautiful with lots to do.
>>
>>1268699
Best city: tie between Prague, Budapest, and Vienna. I just absolutely loved all 3 of them. Maybe Vienna the most as I met some amazing people who made my trip even more special.
Worst: Paris - as a proficient French speaker I did make some friends, but the stench and overcrowding began to annoy me. I would like to return to France at some point to visit other cities where I have some friends.

Also, as a capital, Reykjavik is horrible, but the country of Iceland itself is the most beautiful I've ever seen landscape wise (followed closely by Norway).
>>
>>1273197
>impying
I'm judging Rio like this because I've been there, I have friends there, and literally everyone on Brazil knows the TRUE situation of Rio
Don't hide the truth, it's a fucking chaos right there
>>
>>1273193
I'm not carioca. Trust me, Ilhéus is way worse, believe me. And the problem with Campinas is called Unicamp.
>>
>>1273381
I'm addicted to this board and Wikitravel, and I still can't get a sense for wether or not it's cool for my tall, blue-eyed American gringo ass to visit Brazil or not.
>>
>>1273396
Yhea, continue lying, everyone of fucking Brazil knows the truth about Rio :^)
>>
Best: Budapest
Worst: Luang Prabang

If LP were only boring, that would bee one thing, but it is also such a middle-aged-tourist type of place with soulless shops and cafes lining the streets that it almost feels like a Laotian theme park. So utterly fake.
>>
>>1268699
>Best
Munich. Went for Christmas in 2008 and it was like a fairytale
>Worst
Sofia, Bulgaria. Budget holiday after my final year school exams. Place was filthy. Got robbed at knife point within hours of landing. Police were more dangerous than the thieves.
>>
>>1272308
> hates Sihanoukville
>drives 5 minutes down the road "oh I'd kill for Otres Beach"
It literally all comes under the same area. There's nothing wrong with any of the accomodation I stayed at and I was there for 3 weeks...
Otres is only slightly better beach wise but is still full of the same euro backpacker fags as the centre of town.
Cambodia is what it is... A little gritty, a little rough around the edges but generally a nice place.
>>
In terms of beauty

>Best: Switzerland

>Worst: Jordan
>>
>>1268699
Best: Shanghai
Worst: London
>>
Best: Hong Kong
Worst: Idaho
>>
>>1269134
pattaya is whores and whores and whores
>>
>>1274678
Boson doesn't exactly have a shortage of whores either, CL is full of them.
>>
Best for a holiday: any number of the Greek Cyclades. Sifnos, Santorini, Skiathos etc.
Best in my country: Bristol
Place I'd like to move: New Zealand

Worst in my country: Birmingham
Worst big city/capital: Athens
>>
Best: Alaska
Worst: Koln
>>
Best: prague
Worst: brussels
>>
File: OP.jpg (27KB, 600x400px) Image search: [Google]
OP.jpg
27KB, 600x400px
As a young ESL teaching dude looking to fug
Best = Shanghai
Worst = Qingdao

As an oldfag with a job
Best = European cities
Worst = China
>>
>>1268858
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>1272176
Go fuck yourself
>>
>>1272646
Paulista detected
>>
International:
Best - Budapest, Cartagena, Greek islands
Worst - Chiang Mai, Paris, Berlin

USA:
Best - NYC, SF, Miami
Worst - Seattle, Boston, DC
>>
>>1268699
Best: Porto
Worst: Geneva

ps: never been outside Europe
>>
Best: London
Worst: Lille
my first language is french and for some reason "salut, ca va bien" is considered rude and impolite, which is a common greeting everywhere else... got kicked out of the hotel and a restaurant for this...
>>
Best: Hong Kong, Osaka, Berlin, Prague
Worst: Paris, The Hague (don't know why I fucking went there)
>>
Best: Boston, Cape Cod, Alaska, Seattle, the Blue Ridge Mountains in North Carolina/Virginia, Florida's Emerald Coast, most of the natural springs in Florida, Texas Hill Country, and Austin.

Worst- Detroit, New Orleans, rural Louisiana, rural South Georgia, and the I-75 corridor in Ohio.

Detroit really is extremely shitty and dangerous, all the stereotypes and memes are totally justified. It's a crime-ridden dystopian wasteland. Auto workers are ignorant morons.

New Orleans: "woooo you can DRINK here til you puke and then get mugged on your way home!!!"

Rural Louisiana- "muh cajun culture, only we're just like the rest of the deep south except we're poorer, catholic, spend even less on infrastructure and schools, and let oil companies fuck us in the ass without having to pay barely any taxes!
>>
>>1275532
Because it's too fucking casual. Did at least wait for him to ask you how you were before 'responding' you dismissive prick?
>>
>>1275356
As a Seattleite, I can confirm this is fairly accurate
>>
>>1268699
>Best
Tallinn. Just fell in love with the city and the country, and I had an amazing time there
>Worst
Nairobi. Crime-ridden, polluted shithole. One of the few places I've been where I have absolutely no desire to return.
>>
North America only because I haven't been outside NA for over 10 years.

Best: Seattle, San Diego/Tijuana, Washington DC
Worst: LA, Phoenix, Dallas
>>
>>1276505
I should probably provide some justification.
>Seattle
It's very nice there, people are friendly, lots of culture
>San Diego/Tijuana
Best food in the world, the beach at night, tijuana is amazing
>DC
I wasn't expecting to like DC but I really enjoyed it there. Spent an entire week just taking the metro to different parts of the area (Anacostia, Silver Springs, Downtown, the Shaw, Foggy Bottom, Alexandria, etc.) and visiting some of the smithsonians. 10/10, probably best city in the world if you're a tourist.

>LA
miserable public transit, gridlock traffic, sights are spread out too far, redeeming qualities aren't enough to overcome the issues
>Phoenix
miserable public transit, shitty airport, too fucking hot, seriously fuck phoenix
>Dallas
the worst, three "cities" that are all irredeemable garbage. public transit is garbage. texas """culture""" is garbage (haven't been to austin unfortunately). Impossible to walk anywhere of interest (though, you'd be hard pressed to find anything of interest in Dallas.) Food is the only redeemable quality, but not good enough to be the endless suburban sprawl. Fuck Dallas.
>>
>>1276506
s/be the endless/overcome the endless
>>
>>1269408

>>1272610

What was wrong with Copenhagen?
>>
Best:helsinki
Worst: oslo

Thats not a shot at oslo. Didnt give the city a fair shake. But so far its been worst.
>>
>>1276601
(The worst of my very limited travel so far)
>>
>>1276601

I live in Oslo and it has bern completely ruined by gypsies and immigrants from Africa and the middle east. Copenhagen is way better.

Best: South Atols, Maldives.
Worst: Rome. It's adecent city for a weekend trip, but I nearly killed myself after spending a week there. Way too touristy, the food is average at best and there's trash everywhere.
>>
>>1276601
I live in Oslo, why did you hate it? No immigrant and gypsy memes please, they are concentrated in very limited areas. It's not a perfect city, but it's not that bad, and imo very comparable to Helsinki.
>>
Best: St. Petersburg
Worst: Bern
>>
>>1270716
European space agency launches rockets from french guyana, so we do kind of need it.
>>
>>1272755
Gypsies in Oslo? kek
>>
>>1276506
>>1276505

to be fair guys Phoenix does have some pretty comfy areas and lots of beautiful nature. I can't help you on the heat, but the rest of the year it can be a nice place... particularly the cleaner, wealthier areas that also have history
>>
>>1269258
That's mostly lowlands and neds. If you go on the west coast, Highlands and Islands it's a bit more genuine and it's not as anglicised.
>>
>>1276712
I didn't hate it, more so just didnt like it near as much as the other cities ive been in.
Honestly, im being unfair to the city, it took ten hours on a trains to get there and the hostel i was at was a good bit from the city centre so those two things kinda put me in a bad mood. Maybe if i spent longer there and in closer to the city i probably would have liked it more
>>
Best: San Francisco, Prague

Worst: Birmingham, Paris
Thread posts: 171
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.