[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Salzburg or Bern

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: image.png (789KB, 728x490px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
789KB, 728x490px
I have the opportunity to study abroad for a year in either Salzburg or Bern. I have visited Bern once and Salzburg twice, but only for a couple days each.

Which city would be more of an experience? Like women, food, drink, surrounding areas, etc.

I will be a Junior in college. Budget is 20k usd and tuition is covered, so that isn't a problem.
>>
I spent a year studying in salzburg, ama
>>
>>1268388
I would love to recommend you Bern as it's where I made my master and I had a awesome time there but with $20k you won't go to switzerland for a year as that is not poor, it's below neet welfare dweller poor.
>>
>>1268396
20k for a year? Wtf? I have housing and tuition covered, and I'll do my skiing through the school clubs

>>1268390
Does the city ever get boring? And how much snow does the city get, I live in an area where snow is non-existent and want to get a good winter experience too
>>
>>1268390
Also Was there a lot of time to travel around? And does the university of Salzburg offer sports? I can't find it on their website
>>
I would imagine Salzburg would be a better experience, as it's not as big of a city as Bern, which means you won't have to live like a peasant (as much).
>>
>>1268428
You don't get the swiss price levels. Even a welfare dweller will have 25k CHF/year cash at hand with all housing and insurances paid and that kind of life is absolute shit.
With 20k you're way below the poverty line poor in this country.

>I have housing and tuition covered
No you don't. You still have to pay the energy/water/internet bills. You need a phone, that be 100CHF/month with a useable data plan...
You have to pay for transport on uni excursions and other related fees out of your pocket, they're not included in the tuition fee. The 10 CHF for lunch daily at the Mensa, the 3 CHF coffee from a vending machine...

>and I'll do my skiing through the school clubs
Those clubs are not free. They will charge you the ticket to hit the slopes and transport so about 70-100CHF per day.

Just so you might get a idea what switzerland really costs:
https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Bern?displayCurrency=USD
>>
>>1268463
Switzerland, I knew it was expensive, but wow...
>>
>>1268474
welcome to Schwiiz motherfucker
>>
>>1268463
You fucking retard, this is an ISEP direct program, that means that my tuition and housing is the same cost as back home, I get 3 meals a day, and I'll buy a season pass to the slopes, but that's a bummer that the clubs are like that, I've been skiing in Switzerland several times, I'm not poor, I have 20k fun cash, and I'll have a car while I'm there so transportation won't be bad.

But what I'm asking is that you think that 20k with housing and tutition covered, on my parents American phone plan, would not be enough for a year? Also I plan to get a job, I'm allowed to work 20 hours a week
>>
>>1268462
How is the skiing around Salzburg? The thing that draws me to Bern is having multiple spots that are the best in the world for skiing, and I love skiing but never get to do it because Nola fag
>>
>>1268463
But you kinda convinced me to stay away from Switzerland, i love the country but id rather live rich in salzburg than live getting by in Bern, im glad i started up this thread, all i can hope for now is that salzburg has a good rugby team
>>
>>1268428
The nightlife in the city gets a bit boring at times tho the student parties in campus are fucking crazy and people tend to aim for the abyss. In terms of everything else, food is as good as it'll get in Austria and the countryside for hiking/chilling is 10/10.

There's also shitload of snow.

>>1268433
It does offer sports but the local teams are also fucking accepting.

There's a shit load of travel as the work isn't super challenging, you can go to germany shit easy or into eastern europe or italy by train or car rental. No visa shit obviously.
>>
>>1268610
The skiing in salzburg is good tho I can't draw a comparison to Bern as I don't know it .
>>
>>1268681
Damn thanks man, i think you made up my mind, I'm not thatbbad at making friends so this should be fun as fuck
>>
>>1268712
btw with the excpetion of the Kult parties at which you should do drugs the international scene is always decent, avoid the fucking Americans tho as they're from a Mormon shithole and behave like boring cretins as a result.
>>
>>1269093
Lol OP here, and i'm from New Orleans so i'm american but from the party capital of the US, and i'm not a hard drug guy, but weed, alcohol, and tobacco are all fine by me

But what the fuck is a kult party? Like a frat party?
>>
>>1269106
It's a rave under the nightclub, tickets are a bit pricey but it's worth it. I would seriously recommend dropping a pill for it tho, dw you'll probably make friends with slavs who'll sort you out/look after you.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.