[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Trance festival

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: psytrance festival.jpg (328KB, 1262x669px) Image search: [Google]
psytrance festival.jpg
328KB, 1262x669px
I discovered over the years that I don't like museums or architecture, I could not give a shit about taking pictures of famous buildings and nature is kinda lost on me. I rarely enjoy going abroad and I'm generally a boring, uninspired person.

However I really like dancing to trance music (no, I have never used psychotropic substances nor do I really care to try). Youtube has multiple videos of young attractive people dancing outdoors to psytrance in festivals around the world who seem to have fun, and since I have the money now and my vacations are bland I thought, "why the hell not? let's ask /trv/ someone must have been to one."

So, why not? Has anyone ever been to one? Where are they usually held? Would you recommend traveling abroad just to dance around people you don't know who are likely on psychotropics? Any famous locations I should know about?
>>
Welcome to /trv/. Actually a decent question. Where do you live? I'm pretty sure you won't have to travel far to find a trance festival
>>
>>1268385
>Welcome to /trv/
Thanks, you people seem alright.
>Where do you live?
Israel.
I suppose I might be able to find one close, even in such a small country, but I thought traveling abroad for it, being around tourists from many different countries and being less easily recognized by someone would make it more special and let me have a better time. I don't know, it's all just a fantasy at the moment based solely on some videos I saw online this week, it might actually suck being there surrounded by smelly unwashed douchbags with glazed eyes, that why I thought I'd ask for some first-hand stories first.
>>
>>1268385
>>1268393
Anyone?
>>
Tomorrowland in Belgium
>>
>>1268380
You could come to a bush doof in Australia but I don't think we are taking in anymore people from the middle east.
>>
I remember having a lot of fun at the massive street parades back in the early 2000s; Berlin Love Parade, Zurich Street Parade...Are those things still going on, and is the scene still good?
>>
Does it have to be a full on festival. Cities like Miami, NYC, LA, London have raging several hundred person trance dance clubs every night.
>>
File: 1496159866843.jpg (247KB, 1591x861px) Image search: [Google]
1496159866843.jpg
247KB, 1591x861px
Just go see an Infected Mushroom show in Israel you Dingus. They play there all the time.
>>
Boom festival in Portugal is happening this year and it's quite cool, maybe a bit more hippie than trance but the location and people were great when I was there two years ago. I just happened upon it by chance while I bike touring. Also can easily just sneak in and make a band from discarded scraps (I asked people to cut off their ends and made a fake one while inside).
>>
>>1268380
I'm old now so no idea what it's like but there is some white thing where everyone wears white, ultra (of course) and tomorrowland

None are specifically trance but they are electronic music and dance. You usually hear about these on facebook if you add some edm performers or something, Armin Van Buren is always doing some shit like that, but I'm out of the loop and I just listed mainstream ones. I only went to ultra and i was let down so i didn't go to anymore.

>>1268486
This is really the way to go, just travel around and go to bigger clubs in major cities. The performances and audience were usually better.

Like I said though I'm old so meh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StXDkQgtCk0
>>
>>1268531
There's also ZNA, which is a bit less commercial/well known than Boom and has more focus on old school psytrance.

http://znagathering.com/
>>
>>1268531
Boom was good but fucking hot.
>>
OP here, just woke up. That for all the suggestions so far. Can you describe what it's actually like in such a festival? I assume it's an event that takes several days; where do people sleep, in tents/sleeping bags or do they leave the premises to go to hotels? How is food managed there, necessities, all the other stuff humans need? Less importantly, what are my chances of getting laid in such a crowd?

Any cool stories from one of these places you might like to share?

Frankly, I haven't gone to a club in years, my friends never particularly liked them and I never thought of seeking ones that specifically play this type of music and go there to dance. Going to a club alone makes me feel like some creep, I don't know why.
>>
>>1268556
Sleeping in tents, with sleeping bag depending on where you go. I realy like the festivals in the swiss alps. And also want to go to boom once. Hungaria died for me.
There are allways foodstands, with very nice food. Once some israelis made some realy fancy food on the campside. Many people also cook their own food, next to the tent.

Getting laid depends on you. But its not like in a club or so. And I hear most are quite hairy, some are dirty.

Cant compare a club to a festival. Festivals have so many opportunities.
I myself avoid tomorrowland because too popular/commercial.
>>
>>1268571
So I should expect to bring a fucking sleeping bag and/or tent with me on the way there on the plane?

Stupid fucking question, probably, but how prevalent IS drug use in these events, and does the local police ever come around and starts arresting people? And will I even enjoy such a location without being high as a kite?
>>
>>1268483
The Love Parade in Berlin is history. They moved it to Duisburg where they had a mass panic and some people died in 2010 since then it's over.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Love_Parade_disaster

Street Parade in Zurich is still a thing. This years parade is on August 12th.
The crowd is pretty good, doesn't have the old charm but still good. The cool thing is it's pretty much a long party weekend in Zurich. Starting of Thursday with the first warmup parties lasting till monday morning when the last after hours close. Offering something for every taste from the fucked up goa party innawoods that could get shutdown by the police any time to the luxury lounge clubbing.
>>
>>1268380
There's a lot of raves and trance festivals all over Europe. Mostly concentrated in the bigger cities, but the bigger festivals are usually located in the countryside because they need a lot of space.
If it's your thing, there are also plenty of more underground, sometimes illegal raves, and those are generally much smaller.
I suggest you go to a city with a large dance scene that appeals to you and meet people there who know the scene. Apologies for the very general and vague advice, but that's how you find the best parties. And of course, there's also the large, more mainstream festivals that are only a Google and an expensive ticket away.
>>
>>1268571
I'm not opposed, but I'm heading to my first festival in a few weeks and would love some input on the whole living part of it.
Like, my initial plan was to just check the weather until the day before and if it's good, bring nothing but what I'd be wearing and just sleep wherever / chat up people with space in their tents.. is this a bad idea? The festival is only three days.

I do a lot of camping so I have a lot of high-quality hear that I don't feel like bringing.. but it also feels so stupid to buy a tent for just throwing away afterwards
>>
>>1268756
Opposed=OP
>>
>>1268756
>bring nothing but what I'd be wearing
Depends on the festival. And mostly how socialable you are. Maybe also how dirty ;-) but have seen people do it. And you should find people accomodating you easely.

I have the same tent since 5 years. Also depends on what festiva abd how concious people are.

Enjoy it
>>
>>1268587
If its well organised, they speak with the police. And yould not be in danger. Some countries are more restrective though. And sometimes they show up just to mark their presence. At a raid drop everything you have.
Usage is quite frequent, but still not very public. You can find what ever you want. Just ask around.
>>
File: 1200x1200.jpg (812KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1200x1200.jpg
812KB, 1200x1200px
>>1268380
>asking about trance festivals
>not naming luminosity

Also you should dive into the club scene in Tel Aviv if you're an Israeli, many DJs fly there regularly
>>
File: festival.jpg (261KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
festival.jpg
261KB, 640x480px
>>1268763
OP here,

I'm not an unshaved, unwashed student that can sleep upside down in somebody else's trunk, and I don't trust my social skills enough to crash at a stranger's tent. On the other hand I also don't see myself flying with a tent or a sleeping bag on my way there, so I wonder if there's any hotel usage in these festivals if they last longer than a day. Maybe I'm really just too old? I'm in my early 30's now. Will I look out of place?

Also thanks for all the responses so far, this is really good information.
>>
>>1269013
You can get a tent cheap at the very least when you land.
>>
>>1269045
But what do I do with it when I'm done? Throw it away?
>>
>>1269056
Why would you want to keep a 19€ tent that is intended for a single "festival use", usually you won't be able to deconstruct it without half the parts breaking or ripping appart.
Same with the 19€ sleeping bags.
Buy it, use it throw it.
>>
I went to an underground psytrance rave called Moontribe in LA and another one in Montreal that I forget the name of.

The one in LA was wayyy out in the desert, almost halfway to Vegas, most definitely illegal. I went with my dealer and took 2 hits of acid and 2 grams of mushrooms, tripped the fuck out, met some really gross people. I mean there's cool folk there too but a good number are dead in the head, crusty, dirty hippies and not people I would want to hang out with on the regular. That being said, the rave lasted till the sun came out and dancing was fun, but for other reasons besides taking way too many drugs I wouldn't do it again.

The one in Montreal was more proper, a warehouse rave. First time I had been to something like that, felt like an episode of Samurai Jack. Everyone was in costume, once again danced until the sun came up.

Also at both events people were spinning poi (balls of fire/lights at the end of sticks/chains) which is cool for about two minutes. So if you like dancing all night and watching people get fucked on various psychs, then that's the place for you. Also I walked in on several couples fucking so as long as you're careful and a good dancer you can probably get laid.

Also look up burning man and the rainbow gathering, which are similar events, but not music focused. Burning man costs money and is more about art in general, whereas the rainbow gathering is free and more about camping and nature
>>
>>1269066
Burning man has been exploited to shit though
>>
>>1269069
Exploited in some ways, sure, but as a public exhibitionist, that shit is my sort of thing
>>
Not Op, but never taken acid / speed whtaever, can you have fun not being fucked up in these parties, also is it safe environment to try it there if it's available?
>>
>>1269111
Nice trips. Yeah, you can have plenty of fun going to these, especially if you like the music. Not sure if you'll have fun doing it every other day like a lot of these speed heads, but it'll be a fun time and nobody will know your sober and if they ask, just say you're straight edge and they'll think you're some cool post modern punk or some shit.
>>
>>1268380
If it's psytrance you'll need drugs to enjoy it. If it's just trance, you'll be fine without. Don't try psychedelics for the first time in an environment you're not used to.

There are still some tickets to this. I'm going. I went last year when it was in Amsterdam, and it was absolutely incredible. People come from all over the world to go to wherever it is every year. This will be the 6th one.

1. Goa, India
2. London
3. NYC
4. Sydney
5. Amsterdam
6. The Gorge, Washington State, USA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3HSd89G92fA
>>
>>1268393
>Israel
I know of a few decent festivals though haven't been to all of them
You have your word of mouth forest raves, which are legendary in Israel
Midburn (Israeli burning man) is one I really want to try out, down in the desert
Ashram in the Desert hosts a bunch of festivals, check out their website. It's not necessarily trance all the time but there's some interesting stuff
The Dead Sea rave is a famous one, as well as Doof fest, M Fest (M for manush, or pussy), Tomorrowland,
Life in Color is next weekend, which is a pretty fun event, last year I saw Steve Aoki, but the paint smells like absolute shit the morning after
Dor Beach, near Haifa, has some pretty interesting festivals. I've been to a reggae/blues/trance weekend there and it was tons of fun. Beautiful beach as well.
You could check out the Block in TA, which is an actual techno/trance European style nightclub (not like those shit places like valium or forum or whatever the fuck those clubs pretend to be), and it hosts international djs a lot
972 is a huge event in Eilat but full of arsim and I personally hate them with a passion so I'd rather not
>>
>>1269389
>Steve Aoki

If he's on the bill, don't go.
>>
>>1269403
>If he's on the bill, don't go.
Why not?
>>
>>1268531
next Boom is in august 2018, last one was in 2016. you're lost in time
>>
>>1269440
Because he's terrible and attracts an equally awful crowd.
>>
>>1269603
Aaah i thought it was 2018 this year. That's great news!
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.