[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Seattle, WA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 5

File: Washington.jpg (82KB, 900x600px) Image search: [Google]
Washington.jpg
82KB, 900x600px
I'm travelling to Seattle for 10 days, it's going to be my first time outside of the south-eastern U.S.

Just trying to figure out what to do in Seattle and the surrounding western part of the state. Any information is welcome.
>>
Are you driving?
>>
>>1268389

I am renting a car once I get to Seattle.
>>
>>1268395
In Seattle proper, having a car is a liability.
>>
>>1268410
planning the same trip as OP, why? Due to parking or theft?
>>
Do the Mount Rainier Scenic Railroad south of Seattle. It's one of the best heritage railroads in the US, and as the name suggests, you can see Mt. Rainier from the route.
>>
>>1268451
I am assuming he means the mass transit options are very good.
>>
>>1268362
Port Angeles and the surrounding areas are nice. There's a lake and a beach 30 minutes west of the town with plenty of short hiking opportunities. Victoria, BC is to the north of Port Angeles if you have the money for a boat ride and a passport/enhanced ID. The Hoh Rainforest and Port Townsend are also hot spots on the peninsula. Snoqualmie falls is also a popular location in Central Washington, it might be closer to what you're looking for. I grew up on the Olympic peninsula and I don't understand how people visit Washington without seeing any if it.
>>
Mountain, city, beach all in one one day is the northwest meme.
>>
>>1268410
>>1268451
>>1268459
Don't listen to this retard. The transit in Seattle isn't even that good and i had no problems driving a rental car in the week i spent there.

No you don't want to drive around downtown during rush hour, and yes you will sit in some traffic on the freeway. But if you want to actually explore the city's surrounding beauty a car is the only option.
>>
File: _20170701_065738.jpg (186KB, 720x714px) Image search: [Google]
_20170701_065738.jpg
186KB, 720x714px
>>1268466
This man speaks the truth, Lake Crescent is god tier. This photo doesn't do the water justice, but diving from a pier into that crystal blue pristine lake is a highlight for me.
>>
File: 1498462260025.jpg (48KB, 950x962px) Image search: [Google]
1498462260025.jpg
48KB, 950x962px
can a foreign tourist buy legal weed in seattle? (obvious non-american accent).
do they sell edibles too?
>>
>>1268597
Didn't you already make a thread about this? The answer is yes, you just need to be 21, you dont have to be american.

It's like a fully grown american adult asking if he can buy wine in Germany.
>>
>>1268410
1. you're fucking retarded
>>1268451
>>1268395
parking is very possible downtown, its just a bitch to get around. the drivers are the worst and by far the most passive aggressive in the whole fucking country
>>1268459
public transit there is absolute shit, buses aren't worth wasting your time with
>>
>>1268644
forgot, t. former seattle resident
fuck seattle and fuck washington state
>>
File: OlympicNatPark.jpg (529KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
OlympicNatPark.jpg
529KB, 1920x1080px
>>1268458
>>1268466
>>1268574
>>1268576
>>1268644

OP here, thanks for all the replies so far. I am looking forward to the natural beauty in the surrounding areas of Seattle, it sound's like a good time for sure.
>>
File: IMG_1758.jpg (3MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1758.jpg
3MB, 3264x2448px
Do some hikes while you're there. Granite Mountain is a favorite of mine, although it's fairly strenuous. Pic related
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.