[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

traveling is a meme

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 1

File: travel.jpg (10KB, 275x183px) Image search: [Google]
travel.jpg
10KB, 275x183px
fight me.

after a few travels you will realize that it really is not as amazing as some make it out to be.
talking to locals gets stale, talking to other tourists gets stale. the tenth watefall isnt that awesome anymore either. the hundreth local food isnt that fascinating either.

during my recent travel (returned last week) i realized i only travel to get out of my daily routine once in a while. else it is really not that special.
>>
>>1268319
So you got bored of traveling, do something else dipshit, I used to love going outdoors and camping and all that good stuff and now I'm not that into it, does that mean that going outdoors is a meme? No. It means that I got bored of it.

This may be surprising but not everyone is a faggot like you
>>
>>1268319

>talking to locals gets stale
Never has happened, then again I don't talk about the same subjects/locations all the time. Many times I end up at a bar and learn a shit load about things I never knew, over a few pints.

>talking to other tourists gets stale.
See above.

>the tenth watefall isnt that awesome anymore either.
Then stop going and seeing them, plan ahead to things to see/do well in advance before going somewhere. Seriously one of my biggest complaints is people who book something, go there and "will figure it out when I get there" shit. If you haven't looked up and figured reasons to go somewhere, DON'T. BOOK. A. TRIP. THERE.

> the hundreth local food isnt that fascinating either.

Depends, lots of people around the world sometimes never get to experience X/Y/Z type of foods. This is completely a you thing.

>i realized i only travel to get out of my daily routine once in a while.
You are just using travel as a form of escapism that you are facing that is a bigger problem. Why not do other hobbies and mix it up, seriously if to get out of the rut you just off and travel somewhere(sounds like similar location as well), it will be more enjoyable.

I travel for a lot of my job across the US, I use to find it boring but then I started planning niche places to go and visit outside the main path. Have had fun ever since.
>>
Cmon men... i went to Paris alone and with a previous depression and was shit. But travelling, experimenting new spaces is one of the most beautiful things.
>>
>>1268319
How do you travel?
Do you go on long backpacking trips or do you make shorter visits?
Do you stay in Hostels or Hotels or Camp in the wild?
Do you take road trips, plane, train or hitchhike?
>>
>>1268334
>But travelling, experimenting new spaces is one of the most beautiful things.
it is if you are a newbie yes. Else it gets stale rather quick.

>Do you go on long backpacking trips or do you make shorter visits?
typically like 3 to 4 weeks of backpacking.

>Do you stay in Hostels or Hotels or Camp in the wild?
hostels to meet people and because its cheap

>Do you take road trips, plane, train or hitchhike?
did a road trip in the US, else plane, train or bus. never done hitchhiking.

you guys are assmad.

all i am saying is that traveling is not as amazing as people make it out to be. i will never do a world travel as i usually get bored after ~4 weeks and feel the need to work again.
>>
Yea backpacking gets old pretty quickly. After a couple times you realize it's the same kind of shit you'd do at home except instead of making money you're spending money.

Try traveling with $10-15k per month, not including airfare, saved up. Or renting a car, or staying in actual hotels (maybe not all the time, but at least mix them in with Couchsurfing/hostels/Airbnb)...you aren't sick of traveling you're just sick of living like a bum.
>>
>>1268319
>i only travel to get out of my daily routine once in a while
That alone is more than worth it.
>>
Sounds like OP sucks at traveling.

If you don't like visiting fucking waterfalls, don't keep visiting fucking waterfalls.
>>
>>1268319
>talking to locals gets stale, talking to other tourists gets stale. the tenth watefall isnt that awesome anymore either. the hundreth local food isnt that fascinating either.

WOW

OH BOY

ARE YOU TELLING ME THAT DOING THINGS REPEATEDLY BECOMES BORING AFTER A WHILE

WOW

CAN'T BELIEVE IT

AMAZING DISCOVERY MAN
>>
>>1268319
Everything is a meme you idiot.

I travel becsuse I enjoy it, snd yeah, if I get tired of that I'll stop.

I used to be a dedicated gamer, then I got bored of that, so I stopped. I couldn't even pass as a casual now.

That's how life works, were you expecting something else?
>>
>>1268319
Now go read Italo Calvino's Invisible Cities and discover that all cities are the same.
>>
>>1268319
Have you considered the possibility of YOU being the problem?

I don't enjoy TRAVELLING. I surf and travel to places, remote and urban to SURF because i love it. My great experiences don't come when I go looking for experiences. They come when I go looking for waves and the shit that happens along the way is the memorable part.

tl;dr: youre a faggot. fuck you
>>
>>1268320
FPBP
>>
>>1268319
>being this jaded
>>
While I agree traveling is a meme, there is still value in it if it's purposeful and with direction towards something specific (e.g. I want to see X because of reason Y). The nebulous "change your life" shit is just marketing.
>>
>>1268319
lol. so why are you posting on /trv/? Do you have depression or are you just trying to convince yourself that your pathetic life is fine without travel?
>>
ITT: People who don't know how to travel and have fun

Seriously, wtf is wrong with you people. I see what some are saying about the stale convos, but yeah, that can easily be avoided by not hanging around the hostel all morning or all day like some people do.

You got to go out and make shit happen. Do shit like trekking, camping or motorbiking. In the evening, don't be a pussy and have a few drinks and party a bit too.
>>
>>1268319
>i realized i only travel to get out of my daily routine once in a while

Yes - that's what a lot of people do and a lot of other people travel for many different reasons. What's the point of your post exactly?
>>
>>1268750
>reddit spacing
get out and stay out, newfag
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.