[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm moving to Mexico.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Hay folks! I'm back!

I had a post going not too long ago about my decision to move to Mexico. I want to teach english for a few years to get fluent in Spanish and enjoy the culture and especially the history.

So i have two Skype interviews going on next week, one with Berlitz in the city of San Luis Portosi, and another for a language center in Guadalajara.

I just have a few questions in regards to money and the cost of living. I just want to know if i will be able to live comfortably on the amount they are paying me.

Berlitz offers 65 pesos for 45 minute lessons. I would making around 5,500-7,500 pesos a month working for them in San Luis Portosi city. Can i live comfortable on this amount in that city, for i have never been???

The Guadalajara position offers more hours and I'm ASSUMING more pay per hour. I just hope the cost of living in San Luis Portosi is very low in comparison to other major cities.

I have a bachelors and a 160 hour TEFL course, but no teaching experience yet besides the TEFL course. Should i ask for more pay? Or wait for a job that pays more, like the one in Guadalajara that i can potentially get?

What do you think my Mexican homies and my fellow travelers, hook me up with some advice!!!

This is not a drill folks!!! Picture is defiantly related.
>>
>>1268062
5,500 pesos a month should be enough to get by in San Luis Potosi.

A couple years back work sent me down to Veracruz to haggle out a shipping contract and toward the end I asked one of the guys what sort of pay he got. Pretty sure I remember him saying 7,000 a month. I know he lived with family, but Veracruz is definitely more expensive.
>>
texan amerifag here, most of my family lives in San Luis Potosi. its alright, there are a lot of cool little towns/villages nearby, dunno what it's like safety wise these days but damn if those towns weren't cool as hell. I can get the names of some of them for you from my cousins. also yeah that'll be enough for san luis.

good going amigo, i would like to do this soon, connect with my roots. how much was the TEFL course?
>>
>>1268062
7,500 will get you a small apartment almost anywhere in the country. I suggest you go to Guadalajara, since it's a metropolis and lot of things to do, SLP is basically a poor hick mid sized town, not much to do, but then again, aside from Gdl, Mexico City and Monterrey, other cities are kinda lame, except for some tourists spots like mazatlan, puerto vallarta, etc.
My only advice is, don't be a sperg in your interview and everything should be fine; Mexicans are kinda racist and will hire any white american to teach english over a native mexican most of the time.

>>1268093
>connect with my roots

fuck off chicano, we don't want your kind here
>>
File: images.jpg (9KB, 259x194px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
9KB, 259x194px
>>1268083

Thanks for the info brotha, I'm just worried about being able to make it happen with that kind of money. i just want my own apartment and i want to be able to date mexican women. it seems kind of cheap to me, meaning "barley making ends meet" kind of deal, but we will see.

>>1268093

Right on man, i would love to hear some of the towns near by that are worth the visit. The one i did was at a university and more on the expensive side, so 2,800 US dollars. But that included 160 hours, 5 weeks of TEFL training and hands on teaching experience teaching students from around the world. You can find some really cheap ones nowadays, but i don't know if they carry as much prestige.

>>1268104
Sweet man, i think thats a good idea. 7,500 should be enough for an apartment AND to go out and live my life too right? Sorry if thats a stupid question my trvbro. Guadalajara is an awesome city and is my ideal spot to live, so much to do! If i can execute this interview i will defiantly take that job.
Over all! I'm not doing this for the money, i just want to earn a comfortable living.

Can we all agree that 5,500 pesos is the minimum i will be able to live off of? Obviously not in major cities like Guadalajara, Monterey and Mexico City.
>>
>>1268160
If you go to Gdl, there's a fuck ton of little towns like Tequila, which is a must do, and nearby vacation spots like puerto vallarta or sayulita, which are worth the drive. Driving through Jalisco is comfy.
Anyway, you shold try making a bit more dough if you really want to enjoy your time here. You could do some private tutoring and charge something like $200xhour. I used to do this, with a minimum of 2 hours per week, and had a core base of like 5 students from which I made some nice extra income. You could post ads in schools and universities stating you're a native american, and as I said, it shouldn't be long before you get some calls.
>>
>>1268062
I would choose Guadalajara over SLP every day of the week, it's more of a city with a larger community of foreigners and people from all around. You should also try applying to private schools where the pay might be better, although you might be a little late for the next school year you can still try.
Finally you could live with $7,500 pesos a month but it wouldn't be a luxurious life at all.
>>
File: Trv.jpg (3MB, 3006x5344px) Image search: [Google]
Trv.jpg
3MB, 3006x5344px
yo man, im the rich fag from last time. 6,000 pesos a month is do-able if you are looking to lie low. in contrast i would only feel comfortable with 126,000 pesos a month. pic attached its my 3,000 Sq ft place i bone whores. ill be there in August for about a week if u are there i can show u the good life ;) but to your Og question u are going to live in ok place for a white dude try to get a room close to Andares so u can feel safe my fellow whitey
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.