[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/, for this summer I was looking for a vacation outside

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 5
Thread images: 2

File: nature10.jpg (46KB, 510x291px) Image search: [Google]
nature10.jpg
46KB, 510x291px
Hi /trv/,
for this summer I was looking for a vacation outside the city, to see some vistas and enjoy the wilderness. My only problem is that I don't own a car, so I can only move by plane and car. My idea was to go to Finland or Sweden, but I'm not looking forward visiting the main cities. Also, I'm open to suggestions for other places with cold climate (for example, how do I reach Lapland?).

Do you have some ideas for a vacation in contact with nature? I don't have budget problems and I would travel with my girflriend. Thank you in advance for the help.
>>
>>1266959
>how do I reach Lapland
Fly to one of the numerous airports in Lapland; Norwegian, SAS and Finnair all fly up there, Norwegian is cheapest, but you usually have to transit via Oslo, Helsinki, Stockholm. It's pretty cheap, though, it might only add 50 EUR on a round ticket.
>>
File: DSCF7331.jpg (1MB, 3260x1835px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7331.jpg
1MB, 3260x1835px
If you don't have budget problems like you said, and are fairly used to hiking/wildlife then just go to Sweden and stay at one of the STF huts/cabins, or walk between them.

The prices are decent, the comfort level is perfect, and the nature is astounding.

My recommendations are:
jämtlandstriangeln if you want to move between huts and don't mind other people.
Grövelsjön if you want to take day-trips and return to more comfortable "almost hotel"-level living
Abisko if you don't mind the cold, want to experience midnight sun and want to be more alone in the wild (though the hotel might be crowded with the Asian and Indian aurora-tourists, though it should be fine in summer since you can't see it anyway due to the sun never setting).

All of these are reachable by train, plane and bus. Call STF and they'll help you.
Also if you're below 26 you can get cheap flights with SAS, search for youth tickets.

Notable mentions are also: kvikkjok, saltoluokta and Kebnekaise. Actually Kebnekaise deserves its own mention, I just haven't been there yet!
>>
>>1267088
Thank you very much. Which places are worth to visit in Lapland?

>>1267156
Thank you, also. STF seems a very reasonable option. I'll look further into it.
>>
>>1267536
Just as a sidenote since I realised I wasn't clear: STF is the only option in Sweden, there are (practically) no private mountain huts/cabins except for more luxurious ones that are easily accessible by car. If you want that I only know of, and strongly recommend, Fjällnäs fjällhotell
Thread posts: 5
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.