[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Costa Rica

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

I've been considering spending the winter in Costa Rica in San Jose with my uncle since he lives there.
Has anyone ever been there? I'd love to hear about experiences both good and bad about the country.

If i was to go there, it would he for around 4 - 5 months.
>>
>>1266861
Costa rican here, what do you want to know?
>>
>>1266892
How is San Jose in general? Some people have told me it is gorgeous, and some have told me it's a shithole. This will be my first time outside Canada/USA.
Is it an alright place for a gringo to be?

Which areas should be avoided? Where I would be staying is in the city centre.
>>
>>1266861
A lot of people seem to go to Costa Rica.
I do not know why, I've never heard anything interesting about it.

There's a sorority on campus that sends all it's pre-med girls there for a semester to take pics of butterflies and vlog about their vegan diets.
>>
File: cr.jpg (221KB, 1024x616px) Image search: [Google]
cr.jpg
221KB, 1024x616px
nice country, downtown san jose isn't very good, but pic related is an hour from there

go but make sure to spend a lot of time outside of san jose

it's safe enough, just don't walk around alone at night

>>1266939
for a long time it was safer and more welcoming then it's neighbors
>>
How is San Jose in general?
San Jose is a micro city (i.e., a town), it lacks the demographic density, complexity and the verticability
to be a proper city. This means there aren’t too many things to do, there are museums (4) and some landmarks (without proper maintenance) and that's it.

Our culture is very family oriented and rural (and catholic) so there wasn't a market for recreational activities; today there is a huge population in their 20s and 30s without obligations and with some expendable cash so the recreational gap is reducing at this time there is a boom in the restaurant industry. With this in mind for me there only 2 ways to enjoy San Jose.

- Spend one day and you will cover all the landmarks and museums in Central San José.
- You have a local host and go clubbing with his friends. (This is the best part of San José for me)

>Some people have told me it is gorgeous, and some have told me it's a shithole.
Neither San José is a town of a developing country with a population of 300k at best. If you like a peace and calm with a little green you will like it, if you like having a lots of services and goods then you will hate it.

>This will be my first time outside Canada/USA.
Canadians tend to love CR, they are like Norwegians if they see nature and wild life they go ecstatic.

>Is it an alright place for a gringo to be?
You will be fine, awareness is the best tool for any trip.
>>
>>1267254
to
>>1266904
>>1266939
>There's a sorority on campus that sends all it's pre-med girls there for a semester to take pics of butterflies and vlog about their vegan diets.
I hate those crowds, loud and obnoxious, the worst is when they can handle their alcohol and start making a scene.
>>
I went to San Jose for a handful of days and wasn't too impressed.

Weekend nightlife is nice and that's about it. City itself didn't seem to have much character, and I certainly wouldn't have wanted to stay any longer than I did.

Probably the most boring capital in Latin America I've yet to visit.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.