[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Aveyron/France

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-Aveyron-Position.svg.png (43KB, 250x273px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Aveyron-Position.svg.png
43KB, 250x273px
Hello,
I will travel to Aveyron/France next Thursday to start an internship. I will have 5 days of work and then 2 free days every week, and I'd be happy if some locals or people who have been there could give me recommendations on what to do with my free time.

Is going to Côte d'Azur worth it or is it just super expensive?
>>
>>1266343
I've lived in Nice. Côte d'Azur is extremely expensive and packed with tourists, but beautiful as well. I wouldn't visit it first, visiting Auvergne and the Pyrénées is probably less expensive, closer and less packed with tourists.

Some anon gave great recommendations on the area in two other threads btw
>>1261366
>>
>>1266425
Forgot this thread as well
>>1261980
>>
>>1266425
>>1266429

Merci
>>
It's like Paris. It's not for everyone but it's hard to make that decision until you've been there. I found it very beautiful but a little overrated. I spent a week in Toulon after spending some time in Nice. I found it much more enjoyable. More laid back, cheaper, but still beautiful. It's does have much more of a North Africa feel though.
>>
File: Najac (Aveyron) 2.jpg (165KB, 736x1100px) Image search: [Google]
Najac (Aveyron) 2.jpg
165KB, 736x1100px
>>1266343
I don't see why you would bother going to Côte d'Azur and its swarms of tourists when Aveyron is an amazing place
Well, assuming you like nature and old rocks, if you are into beaches and partying I'll admit you'll be better of near the Mediterranean
>>
>>1266343
>>1266768

Sorry OP I misread your post, I thought you only stayed one week and were going to use your only 2 days for the Côte d'Azur
Since it's not the case well I guess there's nothing wrong with going to Provence at some point
>>
>>1266769

Yes i didn't write how long the internship was going to be. It's 2 months, leaving at the beginning of September.
>>
>>1266768

this place looks amazing btw. I might go there by bike if I can get one there, it's only about 4 hours
>>
File: Conques automne (Aveyron).jpg (479KB, 1900x1267px) Image search: [Google]
Conques automne (Aveyron).jpg
479KB, 1900x1267px
>>1266967
>>1266970

Then you should wait to go to the Riviera, it will be far less packed with tourists starting the end of September, and the weather should still be ok
If you like old stones Aveyron and its surroundings have many ancient villages, such as, best ones first:

Conques (must see, one of France's most beautiful villages and great abbey)
Espalion
Belcastel
Sauveterre-de-Rouergue
Saint-Côme-d'Olt
Sainte-Eulalie-d’Olt
Estaing
La Couvertoirade (Entirely walled town)

And other good ones

Brousse-le-Château
Cantobre
La Bastide-Pradines
Saint-Véran
Cassagnes-Comtaux
Panat

And that's only on Aveyron, the neighbouring departement are also great, as another Anon said check out the 2 other threads I made post semi-related about the area
Also check out the official website of France's most beautiful towns http://www.les-plus-beaux-villages-de-france.org/en/map-most-beautiful-villages-france

You'll notice most of them are in the south and not far from where you'll be, so enjoy
>>
>>1266343
The Riviera is just super expensive, plenty to do around where you'll be, I recommend finding friends to go swimming in the rivers in the mountains.

I live about 100km east. Right now we're having some pretty fken loud thunder.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.