[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I am doing it guys. I always wanted to do stuff like this but

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

File: Bez názvu.png (165KB, 671x464px) Image search: [Google]
Bez názvu.png
165KB, 671x464px
I am doing it guys. I always wanted to do stuff like this but I was always scared to go away on a journey like this. I literally went abroad in the 26 years of my life to the all inclusive resorts in turkey and greece never leaving the hotel.

This is a 26 day trip through China-Tibet-Nepal-India. It is organized by a travel agency, they call it as an "expedition", we will be a small group with a guide, the point will be to see a lot and returning only to sleep in cheap ass hotels.

I am leaving on the 18th of July and I am legitimately scared as fuck, do you have any reccomedations what I should do there in any of countries? Or any general travel tips? I never did a thing like this so far, I won't know anyone from our group for some reason I think like a little bitch that everything is going to turn bad.
>>
you most likely aren't the first group that the guide took care of and he will tell you what to be cautious about. it is part of his job.
how much did you pay for the trip?
>>
based on the intro i thought you do this on foot or alone or something.

idk the worst that can happen is you realize how you could have done this much cheaper alone. so don't check the prices.
>>
>>1266132
If you have a tour guide and a group there is literally nothing to be afraid of outside of things that are beyond your control anyway. Be respectful, responsible, and have a good time.
>>
>>1266146
>>1266154
It is not that bad. Together with the insurance, plane tickets, visa, accommodation, half board in china and nepal, train and bus the final price is with 3500 euros which is a pretty good price I think for 26 days accross 3 countries

Altough I need to pay for the entry fee all the trip and for the food in tibet and india.

Thank you for your comments guys I hope it will be okay.
>>
>>1266132
OP it sounds sensible, but I dare say you'd have had better conditions if you had picked, say, S. America than this armpit of the world. Oh well.

Anyway, since you have a map, go ahead and get digital versions of every kind of guide book, NOVELS set or placed during some of the pivotal times of their history, and works on history. Don't go in blind and dumb both, and you'll get so much more depth and enjoyment about your immersion in culture.

Double check you aren't wearing inappropriate shoes and clothes. It'll drag you down to have unclean things that you can't wash easily and fell fresh in. Make sure you have some kind of shower/hotel room shoes, like crocs or oofos, that you can use to prevent foot fungus in these cheap hotels.
>>
>>1266154
Is it now possible to get into tibet on your own as a westerner?

With my dutch passport, i needed to be with atleast 6 other dutch people in a group to get in to tibet
>>
File: 15.jpg (365KB, 2271x1094px) Image search: [Google]
15.jpg
365KB, 2271x1094px
>>1266183
>than this armpit of the world

this was the cheapest and the longest journey at the tour operator. they have a south america expedition for the same ammount of money, but only for two weeks, and it is very rough sleeping in tents or in the huts.

For a antisocial literally coming from /r9j/ this will be good as a first step. I am working as a teacher in a small town, I just want to escape from this everyday squirell wheel and feel some adventure.

Thank you for your advice, I know about the topic something I finished history and literature (yeah I know, don't bully please), I am reading mainly lonely planet books to get familiar with the whole thing.
>>
Just try not to stress too much
>>
>>1266227
It's ok to be nervous. Be happy with the fact you're forcing yourself out of your comfort zone. This is how you grow as a person.
>>
sounds like a very cool trip OP, as other people said if you're doing with a group, a guide and everything is organised, then you really have nothing to worry about.

My advices would be: be sure to have proper clothes/shoes (looks like the first part of the trip especially will be quite cold) and I'd suggest you to learn some basic words or terms of the countries you'll visit, interacting with le locals, even with just some words, really changes the perception of your trip. Good luck with everything!
>>
>>1266227
I was recently in nepal and man all I can say I envy you so hard!!

Seriously you're gonna see some sights that will blow ur fucking mind.

recently I've been fantasizing about returning to northern india/ nepal and motor biking the country.

but really you're doing a route i'd kill to do! please update us if possible, dead serious m8. Cherish this time friend, you will reflect on it for the rest of your life.
>>
>>1266363
how's the situation re: earthquake reconstruction in nepal?
i heard it was still quite bad with ineffective government and political problems with india slowing down the process. is that untrue?
>>
>>1266416
it still looks like shit. the best part is that the foreigneres are forced to pay to see the ruins.
>>
>>1266132
Sounds awesome. How big is the group?
Passport still valid for at least one year?
>>
>>1267119
Yeah everything is okay with my visas and the passport. I only have to go to my indian embassy so they can scan my fingerprints lol and it will cost me 100 euros.

I dont know how big the group is yet, they told me it is usually from 8 to 15 people. I still dont know who will be my roommate, I hope he will be normal.
>>
File: pajeet.png (836KB, 1265x710px) Image search: [Google]
pajeet.png
836KB, 1265x710px
>>1266132
>Bez názvu.png
top kek, kamaráde, užíj si pajeety v Indii
>>
You'll be fine.

I'd be more concerned about the people coming with you.

Get ready for hardcore liberals wanting an mind opening experience and old couples.
>>
>>1266132
You may be slightly overwhelmed by the crowds and - in certain places - the smell, but on the whole you'll be just fine if you don't act stupid.
>>
>>1267836
I am slovak brat moj, I hope you still love me. My friends are trolling me with the same topic, but I am looking on it as an adventure.

>>1267930
top kek I am a liberal myself

>>1267934
This is what is bothering me a little, nothing is the same lie in the movies
>>
Good luck man, I hope you get something out of it and don't end up feeling like you wasted your time or money.
>>
>>1266132
Tbh i think you're short on time for all the places you're gonna see, nepal alone warants one month for example
>>
The route almost looks like the Silk Road.
>>
>>1266183
>than this armpit of the world
fucking triggered
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.