[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling with a disability

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: 1481913806642.jpg (307KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
1481913806642.jpg
307KB, 1200x900px
Hey anons. I got in a car accident a few months back and I have not fully recovered. My knees are bar and sometimes I have to walk with a cane and sometimes I just have to sit down. Any way I was hoping that this would get better (I had a im gonna fight this attitude) but after several doctor visits I guess instead of my knees healing, they are actually getting worse, along with my back apparently. I'm 24. Anyway, this revelation sort of made me think about life and my mortality so I wanted to travel. I was wondering if any of you anons are disabled/could relate and I was wondering exactly how limiting my knees would be.
>>
A lot of disabled travelers go to India and Sri Lanka because you can hire a private guide with a vehicle for cheap.
Sorry about your bum knees; I think you'll be able to fulfill your dreams still, you'll just have to get a little creative.
>>
>>1266001
My brother suffered a fairly severe work injury (fell a few stories flat on his feet) and his mobility suffered as a result. He walks with a cane and needs frequent rest, but he doesn't let it stop him from traveling or normal activities. It's a matter of doing your research beforehand, calling ahead to hotels or wherever and letting them know you need certain accomodations -- be sure to explain that you are handicapped/have a disability. I know it sucks to use that language, but people are usually very quick to be helpful when they know.

Good luck, I hope you don't let your injury limit your life.
>>
>>1266001
I'm not disabled but I played professional sports during my teen/tween years so I'm used to walk on crutches or had to use the "special needs" services of airlines as I almost always had something fucked up...
There's nothing to worry about, you can do almost everything. You might not climb the Mount Everest or do the Inca Trail but anything else, easy. It might take you a extra day to see the stuff or call/send a mail a day ahead and they can arrange everything. Book a hotel with a elevator and you're good. Hostels, no problem you will always find some lads that will help you up/down or even take you around a city no fucks given if you sit in a wheelchair.

As long as you aren't a r9k autist you will get around.
>>
im not disabled but i can load a gun
>>
>>1266001
Seppuku
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.