[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/trv/ how do I volunteer abroad for free/really cheap?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: voil.jpg (9KB, 334x151px) Image search: [Google]
voil.jpg
9KB, 334x151px
/trv/ how do I volunteer abroad for free/really cheap?
>>
If you pay to volunteer, you're not volunteering.
>>
>>1265807
Copy that question into google, press enter
>>
workaway/wwoof

a bit of cash to sign up but nothing more
>>
>>1265852
This.
>>
>>1265807
AIESEC
>>
>>1265807

Have valuable skills which people actually need.

Couple of my friends are in the Peace Corps. I'll probably do that after I finish university, too. You need a college degree or several years' of experience to join, after which they give you a small stipend and three or four months of intensive language training before putting you on-site for two years.

Most reputable volunteer programs require both a long-term commitment and some sort of credentials, whether it's the Peace Corps, Red Cross, or MSF.

If you go build a house or a school somewhere, you're not doing anything a local couldn't do. Guess it might be a cool experience, but you'd have made the same difference just staying at home and donating half the money.

>>1266293

I don't know much about AIESEC, but it seems like a meme.

Met a bunch of AIESEC volunteers at a hostel in New Delhi. They'd all shelled out a shit-ton of money to stay in hostel dorms for a few months and work on relatively low-impact projects and internships. Seemed like most of the project managers were 20-something-year olds who had no idea what they were doing.
>>
>>1265852
wwoof is shit, you have to pay for every country you visit
workaway.info
helpx.net
>>
>>1265807
>>1265807
really just earn money and spend it in the country you travel too, take classes there or something run by locals. i'll just mention that when you volunteer you might be taking away local jobs, and you are basically a glorified slave. They could take the money you pay to volunteer and pay a local to do the work you are doing. It's insanity when you think about it.

Ok sorry for my rant, I'm off my soapbox. If you do it I hope you have a good time and good luck. (btw a lot of places in cambodia want free english teachers, they will give you room and board while you do it, and a local cannot do that job)

http://www.volunteerincambodia.org/

>>1265839
that is not scam proof at all
>>
News flash
World has too many people, not enough money.

Volenteers are plagued by mismanagement, corruption, exploitation

Meet the people you're going to help before you help them, often first hand experiance will rob you of all desire to assist them.
It's brutal, but it's a very common experiance so check before you learn the hard way

>>>1266298 also this
>>
>>1266608
....damn
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.