[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I will hitchhike around Europe next month.How can I take a shower

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: HitchHiking.jpg (244KB, 817x588px) Image search: [Google]
HitchHiking.jpg
244KB, 817x588px
I will hitchhike around Europe next month.How can I take a shower somewhere? Do hostel staff it for a small price without renting a room?And what are my best/safest options to sleep in a big city without accomodation?
>>
>>1265699
gas stations are your friends, dude.
And public toilets in the cities (especially the ones for the disabled - almost never used, lockable, big and with a sink inside. You can take a shower)
even if the disabled toilet is not an option, regular sinks will do just as well. you can wash from waist up in the public space and fill a bottle with water to clean the rest in the stall.

Rivers and streams may be an option, but from my experience (9 years), I rarely used them. It obviously depends on where and how do you like to spend your time.

Hospitality sites are also great, but harder to use. Your host will definitely let you use the shower.

Paying in hostels may be possible, but I wouldn't do it. Instead, consider going to a pool. You pay, you recicve a shower and also an oppotrunity to swim a bit. Perfect deal.

Finally, I noticed that while traveling I'm not getting dirty as fast as I would in the city. Two days is easily doable without beginning to stink for me. But I guess it may be different for somebody else.

Accomodation is an art in intself. You can search for squats (serious possibility of getting robbed), sleep in parks (care a bit for guards and a little for hobos), find some abandoned buildings/ properties/building sites (in some cities there are tons. In some there are none). Asking the right people on the street may help you immensely. It's up to you to determine who has the info you are interested in, but it's obviously people with some alternative views.

Myself, I simply take a bus to the outskirts and sleep in the bushes outside of the city.

I've never been robbed, but always be careful. Hide your cash well, in many places, don't ever keep your documents together with valuables, sleep laying on your backpack (or tie it to your body), etc. There's some more to it, but it's a personal thing. just learn your style yourself.
>>
>>1265720
I wrote some more regarding related subjects in a different thread
>>1264297
>>
>>1265720
>>1265721
Thanks.I will do my research.
>>
>>1265720
why gas stations?
>>
>>1265924
they are always on your way. they are the most easily accessible places with everything you really need, and they are also perfect for catching a ride.

My style of traveling is pretty survivalist - I go non stop, without eating or sleepinguntil I reach my destination or get just too tired to proceed for a moment. So I like them, because they are the quickest option (you don't need to ride into a city just to take a bath).
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.