[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Laos

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 1200px-Flag_of_Laos.svg.png (12KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
1200px-Flag_of_Laos.svg.png
12KB, 1200x800px
I've been in country for several weeks in the north and I'm wondering if it's worth seeing

van vieng
or the plain of jars
or anywhere else I might not have seen

muang sing was great, as was muang ngoi but I couldn't really recommend much else

like cambodia, there isn't much to do and the ecconomic issues make it more expensive than neighboring countries

seems like 70% of people just do a loop from north thialand pakbang, luang prabang, vang vieng, vientian
...and in fairness if you arn't a nature person that is probably a good route to take
>>
File: 20161115_160151.jpg (4MB, 4128x3096px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_160151.jpg
4MB, 4128x3096px
>>1265444
Vang Vieng got some amazing mountains my nigga
>>
>>1265444

What's Muang Ngoi like?

Is it full of backpackers and bars selling drugs and cheap alcohol or is it still very quiet and chill?
>>
>>1265497
right now it's basically dead, maybe 10-15 farang in town (which is quit a lot for the size of it really)

very laid back, fantastic place.
you might get a few innkeepers scrambling over you for accomodation when you stay...but I got a really nice hotel double for only 30.000 kip!
this is the best value accommodation I've found anywhere in laos where prices are purely dictated by "what will people pay"

it's nicer than the town before it, and the town after it on the river- but ferry opperators are total faggots and have got really greedy for the ferry trip north
they were asking 200,000- I got 130,000 but even that is far to much for a boat carrying broken aluminium parts, farmers and tools

I'd strongly consider just going there and back, instead of going all the way north, it's a beautiful route though

the decrease in tourists when one leaves the loop is exponential, luang prabang is over-run with brats, nong khiaw might have 30, muang noi 15
north of that you only have people passing through from vietnam and further north I barely saw a soul
>>
anyway just pulled the pin on laos, took a truly shit 10H night bus to the capitol and I'l keep running all the way to bangkok

only good things about laos
1.hilltribes that arn't fake
2.whiskey at 9000/bottle
3. nature in the northern region, rivers in particular
4. people that arn't thai

if none of that screams out to you stay in thailand, like many people despite planning to see it I ended up skipping the plain of jars
>>
>>1265761
lol that whisky is like fucking poison
>>
>>1265444
van vieng has lots of cool caves in the area.
Plane of jars is possibly worth visit if you have a lot of time but not amazing.
Vientiane is boring.

Luang prabang and van vieng are the only worthwile towns there.
>>
>>1265795
it's really not I'm talking commercial, not lao-lao

but I guess I drink bai-jui habitually so what constitutes a "poison" may not be a broad representation
>>
>mfw walked out of laos without an exit stamp
>went back in to get the stamp
>they charge me 2$ because they are greedy cunts

I feel like an idiot, I should have just walked right out
>>
>be in Don Det island
>go out for dinner with some canadian and french bungalow neighbours
>have been downing beers with the french guy all afternoon
>more drinks at the fine barbeque place this weird aussie owns
>after dinner the australian owner brings massive joints to all the tables
>during the joint he brings few jugs of fucking lao-lao
>we empty them by taking shots, only the hungarian girl and few french-canadians can keep up
>french guy ends up puking straight into Mekong from the restaurant balcony
good night.

I really miss Don Det, that place was the most relaxed spot I've ever visited.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.