[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stockholm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 6

File: flag-400.png (512B, 400x251px) Image search: [Google]
flag-400.png
512B, 400x251px
Going to Stockholm with over the summer with my family for a week. Recommendations/general tips? Money isn't a huge problem. Also, general Stockholm thread.
>>
>>1264694
Elaborate a bit. By family, do you mean wife and kids? Or parents and brothers/sisters? What do you like to see and do?

Stockholm is nice but can be seen in 2-3 days. If you're there longer there are other options outside the city.
>>
>>1264703
Going with parents, siblings. I'm 19 but my siblings are a bit younger. We're not really looking to do anything in particular. What options outside of the city?
>>
File: 13091_562f5c61c1c94_base.jpg (45KB, 402x322px) Image search: [Google]
13091_562f5c61c1c94_base.jpg
45KB, 402x322px
>>1264694
I'm assuming that you're going with younger kids.

My recommendations are
Gröna Lund - https://www.gronalund.com/en/
Slightly pricey theme-park that's got a lot of carousels in miniature and a lot of games where you always win a small teddy or something similar. Designed to keep the kids from crying I guess.

Junibacken - https://www.junibacken.se/en/
A big playhouse for kids complete with outside activities, a "storytrain" which flies you through a guided tour of a bunch of fairytales and a bookshop.

Skansen - http://www.skansen.se/en
All those typical Swedish things you expected to see and didn't? Yeah they've got them all here. Old timey Swedish candy, lots of cute and friendly animals, old Swedish buildings and even people dressed up in traditional clothes. If your kids are small and you don't fancy carrying them around you can buy tickets to be driven around in a little train on the grounds.

StikkiNikki in OldTown - http://stikkinikki.com/contact/shops/
Really great ice cream that isn't extremely overpriced like everything else in oldtown. Kids are guaranteed to love it.

Science Fiction Bookstore - https://www.sfbok.se/
Massive nerdshop in several floors which has everything kids like. You're going to come away with at least half a bag of Harry Potter themed merch.

Misc
The changing of the guard in old town. If you have sons they'll probably like the canons and the swords.
Mall of Scandinavia. It's probably the biggest and most modern mall in the nordic countries and has an IMAX-cinema.

If you got any questions I'll try to answer as best as I can!
>>
>>1264718
I assumed it'd be a ypung person going with his parents and siblings
>>
>>1264718
Thanks for the advice! Any restaurants/good food? Price isn't a big issue
>>
>>1264718
>Science Fiction Bookstore - https://www.sfbok.se/
I live in Stockholm and I can't stop keking at the fact that someone might spend their time doing this
>>
Definitely buy the week-long Stockholm card. It seems pricey but you get museum access and, most importantly, free, unlimited metro. The metro in Stockholm is fucking expensive so the card will pay for itself by day 2 or 3.
>>
Anybody know of any good restaurants?
>>
>>1265019
Koh Phangen is l i t f a m
I also found the restaurants inside museums in Stockholm to be outstanding
>>
>>1265022
>Koh Phangen
Thanks, anything else? My family loves eating out
>>
>>1264772
this
>>
>>1264694
I love stockholm
>>
>>1264694
Stockholm is famous for being one of the most beautiful cities in europe, and it's easily accessible by foot or bike. I suggest you take one day to just explore the city. Maybe you could go on a guided history tour.

>>1266418
back to pol where you belong
>>
File: DSCF6912-2.jpg (922KB, 2650x1491px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF6912-2.jpg
922KB, 2650x1491px
>>1265025
There are tons, for something more "Swedish" I'd recommend Kvarnen and bakfickan. If you can afford it, Mathias Dahlgrens restaurant with the same name is worth a visit, so is den gyldene freden.
You like sushi? Sushi Sho is world-class. For Indian check out Indian garden or Agra tandoori.

Notable mentions:
Vete-katten for fika (with a crowd of 50/50 tourists/swedes but oh well)
Blue light Yokohama has genuine Japanese food
Practically every normal pizza place, there is something special about Swedish pizza, you should try it for lunch at least
Pressklubben
All the hipster-burger places (flippin', barrels, vigårda, Lily's and so on..)

>>1264718
>Mall of Scandinavia
Really? Don't go there for the love of god, it's a mall.
Also I'm just curious but what's the deal with everybody hyping the sci-fi bookstore? It's constantly jam-packed with tourists these days, don't you have the same stuff in every country??
>>
>>1267081
I hate to prod this fire again, but I live literally five kilometers from Sweden and see Swedes by the boatload everyday, especially since it's high tourist season. I go there every once in a while too, and I have a few Swedish friends who I usually talk politics with, none of whom are /pol/-tier.
If you in any way have anything against seeing a lot of Muslims, hearing a lot of Arabian techno, every second car being a white Citroen Cactus with neon under-lighting, towering low-income apartment complexes with 60% Turkish and Arabian immigrant residents, occasionally being leered at/shouted at on the street and the like, and if you personally feel that you're not willing to risk being in a city that's had a few major and highly publicized rape/murder crimes by Muslims immigrants who've nevertheless not been punished with more than two months of open prison, you'll only make yourself and others miserable if you go.
In my opinion, ther worst thing is the middle-class white kids with dreadlocks and Antifa badges who make a big deal out of being seen in front of trendy organic stores and with immigrants - those people have some of the worst passive-aggressively condescending attitudes and smugly underinformed political opinions I've ever heard.
>>
>>1267412
>>/pol/
>>
>>1267412
Quit lying, underaged virgin /pol/tard from USA.
>>
>>1267414
>>1267418
These are literally completely objective observations from someone living in Helsingor, and I tried to avoid any kind of personal bias about the immigrants.
It says a lot that you start screaming /pol/ at the slightest implication you're not utterly right.
Hvis I vil tale med mig på dansk, kan det selvfolgelig også gores. Det er skideskægt at forestille sig, hvordan I desperat mumler omkring jeres ufejlbarlige indvandrerguder i USA, mens jeg ser perker efter perker stromme over med Sundbusserne.
Hvis I vil have flere beviser for, at jeg ved hvad jeg taler om, kan I sporge, efter I holder op med at tude over det Google Translate-vindue, der har mindet jer om, at I ikke kan tale på vegne af hele verdenen.
>>
>>1267421
you're without doubt biased, but i won't start arguing because that's what you want

go back to your fellow Pol manchildren
>>
>>1267459
If you weren't so obsessed with your imaginary bogeyman that gives you an excuse to never have to think, you'd listen and believe when I say I went there once and never again.
Let's sum it up from the beginning.
There are a lot of Muslims. This is a fact, which can be confirmed by looking at the amount of mosques and Muslim congregations in Sweden.
There is a lot of Arabian techno, because immigrants usually listen to music in their native language, and Turkey doesn't do techno much.
If you'd been in Sweden or even Scandinavia recently, you'd know that the Cactus has boomed among thugs and delinquents, not all of them immigrants but still mostly so.
The low-income complexes are at times almost completely composed of immigrants, and this was a result of bad adaptation to the initial surge of immigrants in the 60's and 70's.
If a group of immigrant men walks down the street, and they catch notice of you, you will likely be hollered at. It's only hollering in most of the cases, but there are cases of it leading to a mugging - still, far the most of them just want to look cool in front of their friends.
There are, and I dare you to refute me, multiple cases in the last two years where immigrant men have raped and/or killed a Swedish woman, and the strictest punishment that one of these group rape/murder cases has incurred for any immigrant is two months in open prison.
These are facts, but I know by now that you define facts as "what I want to believe".
>>
>>1267421
Hold nu din kæft, forhelvede. Dit dansk lyder helt vildt unaturligt.

Folk, som der frygter at tage til Sverige, horer ikke til på et rejseboard. Så fuck af
>>
>>1267463
that f*cking sucks. what parts of sweden aren't infested like that? has stockholm really gotten like that as a hole or its just in the bad neighborhoods/outside the city center?

is copenhagen invaded too? Im planning to visit this august
>>
>>1267463

Two months for group rape/murder? I don't believe you. Link an article.
>>
>>1267499
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/europe/sweden-refugee-centre-attacked-rape-disabled-woman-gotland-claims-a7355186.html
http://www.dailywire.com/news/14812/muslim-sweden-gets-40-hours-community-service-joseph-curl#
You know what's fun?
Remember the case about a year ago where four immigrants raped a Swedish woman, killed her and were suspected to have violated the corpse too before dumping it in a quarry?
The one that you can ask 100 Danes or Swedes about and get 80 people who remember it?
That's the one that doesn't come up in the slightest when Googling "sweden quarry rape murder incident" or any variation on this.
I figured I'd be able to find the source right away, and I'm really not usually the type who goes "it must have been removed", but there's nothing.
It was all over the radio and TV news for weeks when it happened, but now there's nothing.
>>
>>1267482
Just go man, Copenhagen is in no way "invaded" by refugees. You can go to Sweden as well, go to Stockholm and enjoy yourself. Or are you seriously too much of a pussy to visit fucking Scandinavia?
>>
>>1267482
The Dane is trolling. They have a habit of shitting on Swedes whenever they can. So of course he's going all /pol/tard, because he's an edgy teenager with nothing better to do.

Just because he's from there doesn't mean he's telling the truth. He's just making shit up.
>>
>>1267545
Ive gone to london before and was severely disappointed by all the immigration. im from the states so no im not afraid to go anywhere, im just tired of decent cities overrun by muzzies.
>>
>>1267601
You should probably stop travelling if such a minor thing can ruin the experience of a city for you.
>>
>>1267412
he's right, you know that?
>t. Finn
>>
>>1267601
>severely disappointed by all the immigration
Why do you care so much about the existence of other people? If you think like this then what are you even doing on a travel board?
>>
>>1267169
Worth adding is that Vetekatten has a branch by the central station, that's not the one you want, it's the one a few blocks away with wonderful atmosphere and pastry
>>
>yet another Sweden thread devolves into /pol/ shit-flinging

Visited Stockholm + Gothenburg two years ago, nice cities, certainly seemed filled more with Swedes and tourists than immigrants, at least in the areas you'll frequent as a tourist.
>>
>>1267626
This is a travel board, but it's still a 4chan travel board, and 4chan attracts these kinds of people now. Mods aren't going to "keep /pol/ in /pol/" so if you don't want neurotic xenophobes shitting this place up it's best just to ignore those posters. Have a chuckle at the irony, and move on.
>>
>>1267548
If that's what makes you feel better.
I went into this thread with the intent of stating the raw facts, because if you'd ever been outside of the tourist sights, that's what you'll see.
Hell, come to Helsingor and I'll show you around here and in Helsingborg. There's plenty of things and Muslims to see.
>>
>>1267626
He's on here because he wants to see the actual culture and history of every country, hear the language spoken and see the people going about their lives in their own country, according to their own traditions and safe knowing that they call the shots in their own country.
It's without any exaggeration that I say that Muslim immigration and the absurd measures that governments are taking to accommodate them is wiping that culture and even the freedom to acknowledge it off the map together with schools and houses razed to make room for mosques, and as a result of this cities all over the world are losing reasons to go there.
An actual traveler would balk at a future where you can either go to one city full of Muslims speaking Arabic or any one of the other hundred previously majestic European cities that are now plagued by abominable modern mosques constructed for taxpayer money and cut through every morning by a mullah with a megaphone.
>>
>>1267544
Very reliable sources, you are full of shit and falling for memes and slander
>>
>>1267850
It's amazing when your post embodies the failures you're blaming me of much more so than mine.
>>
>>1267845
First of all, you're lying.
Second, even if you were telling the truth, your underaged /pol/ vomit has nothing to do with traveling. It's offtopic. It doesn't belong here.
Third, you're lying.
Fourth, you are not contributing anything positive. You just want attention desperately.
Fifth, you're lying.
Sixth, you are a closeted homosexual.
>>
>>1267846
Except a traveler wouldn't see any of that. Stop making shit up. There are more niggers in your mom's bedroom than he would see in Sweden.
>>
>>1267853
You are the one spewing bullshit and quoting dailywire and the independent. Regurgitating what you read on /pol/ and making false claims.
>>
>>1267811
It's a slow board, so all it takes is one edgy teenager. Now that he got some attention, he's going all out. He's not even trying to hide his erection.
>>
did anybody recommend hötorgshallen yet?
or whichever that food hall in the north of the center is?
there are some nice food halls in town.

>>1267482
jfc that was clearly written by a nazi, just ignore.

>>1267845
dude, i've been to both helsingor and helsingborg repeatedly, outside of the centers, too. just take your meds and chill. the worst that happened is that i spoke swedish to an old man in helsingor instead of asking first in english what language he wanted to be spoken to, and he rolled his eyes.
>>
>>1267869
no, wait, the worst was that the first time i took the ferry i didn't realize how cold it was gonna be...and my jacket was at the bottom of my bag.

so note to op: if you're going to the archipelago, take warm clothing.
>>
OP here, fuck off /pol/ tards
I just wanted advice holy shit
you're like children
>>
>>1267869
Please come over on a weekend night instead of going while the Turks are smoking hookah in their back yards and the spoiled suburban brats are at school.
You've been there multiple times, I lived there from the day I was born. I don't mean to smear your idea of a "real traveler" or "real immigrants" who somehow never even show themselves (and it still doesn't stop amusing me that I was multiple times called "a nazi" or a /pol/tard for stating that immigrants sometimes behave less than perfectly), but I think I've seen bits and pieces of Helsingor you haven't.
To be honest, though, do you really insist on keeping on lying? If you haven't seen immigrants driving white Citroën Cactuses and taking up entire streets while wearing fake Yankees caps on the very tops of their heads before, you have not been outside of the center - you have been outside of the city, either going down yuppie central past Snekkersten or going out north down the coastal road to fuck around in the woods.
How I know that is that just past the McDonalds on Kongevejen, a place you need to pass to get to the outskirts of town unless you're taking a ridiculous detour through residential streets, lie first two of the worst places in Helsingor (Vapnagård on one side and Nordvej/Sydvej on the other) and then, after passing that, you get to rocker hell.

I really, honestly didn't expect people to sperg this hard because I said something as simple as "there are immigrants who play cool, majority-immigrant parts of town and there have been some unsettling crimes on the news".
The one part I dislike the most about /trv/ is that people constantly compete to be the "most local", but as soon as a local says something that's not encouraging praise about their home, people flood in and start screaming about the /pol/ boogeyman.
>>
>>1267605
>>1267626

It wont ruin it for me it's just off-putting. You just know something's off. I come from a nation that was built upon immigrants for gods sake, but I want to see other countries with richer heritage that aren't spoiled by immigration. Its not racist or conceited.
England, France and so forth are known for their culture which has extended through centuries thanks to a mostly homogeneous population. Only until recent times there are now neighborhoods in their capital cities that are almost entirely of different ethnicities. That history is spoiled now and the famous attractions now carry more risk like the Champs-Élysées or london bridge. Its just not the same.
>>
>>1267862
Im a traveler and i've seen it. also, im black but ive seen the word 'nigger' thrown around constantly with no regard. How you guys are the same people trying to preach about /pol/'s ignorance or xenophobia baffles me.
>>
>>1264769
Why, it's pretty fun to browse and windowshop there
>>
>>1268324
What are you looking for?

In general I would advice that you take a stroll through Södermalm. It's big but there's stuff to do around every corner.

I could name some bars and restaurants that I like.

Bars:
Baras 2.0 at Östgötagatan 33 is cozy place where the beers are cheap and the cocktails are pretty decent. The food isn't all that good but they have fried halloumi which is delicious.

Sjätte Tunnan in Gamla Stan is modeled after a middle age tavern which serves homemade mead. The food is pretty swedish.

Lion Bar at Sveavägen 39, (there's actually two of them, but the one at 39 is more fun) is a real dive bar, and the clientele is kind of diverse. Despite being a dive many great nights have begun there

Restaurants:

Moldau in Hornstull: Czech and austrian food

Uncle Ho's in Hornstull: Top Notch chinese food

Blue Light Yokohama at Åsögatan: Really good japanese food

Café Stiernan: A cozy café in gamla stan which serves awesome ramen noodles

Hairy Pig Deli in gamla stan: Make sure you get the one on Österlånggatan, it's smaller and cozier. Good beer and Swedish "tapas"

18 Smaker: Not a restaurant, but sells ice cream. Better than Stikki Nikki which I saw being reccomended before
>>
>>1268324
It's just one edgy underaged /pol/tard. Ignore him. He keeps posting because he gets attention.
>>
>>1264769
Yeah exactly, why would anyone go here on their holiday? I definitely understand it if you want to buy a new book (though all larger bookstores in Sweden have well-stocked English language sections), but "just to browse"? Is our city so shitty that there's nothing better to do?
>>
File: 1493854346945.jpg (31KB, 582x569px) Image search: [Google]
1493854346945.jpg
31KB, 582x569px
>>1267862
Except ive literally seen what hes talking about and can attest to this. Stop being ignorant.

Dont believe me? How about you get off your fat fucking privileged ass and actually walk through stockholm?
>>
File: 1486437445773.png (12KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
1486437445773.png
12KB, 384x384px
>>1267605
>a literal occupation from an extremely sketchy group of people who routinely circumcise young girls.
>increase presence of military police in every public space

>minor

Ok then, guess theyre nothing to worry about.

As long as you can bury your head in your phone, why pay attention to the changing world around you.
>>
File: door-is-open.jpg (90KB, 600x901px) Image search: [Google]
door-is-open.jpg
90KB, 600x901px
>>1268579
That image is photoshopped.

Also, you should tell us some stories of your time in Sweden and stop arguing politics on the internet. Maybe you and him are getting off on it but most of us don't care.
>>
>>1267626
>hurr durr why don't you want every city to become the same boring assortment of mediocre kebab+pizza joints and non-native speakers?

Diversity kills the point of travel, it makes every city a boring shade of grey with the same kinds of foods and same kinds of cultural events.
>>
>>1267626
Would you say this if people were complaining about places in Asia being overrun with foreigners and tourists? People bitch about that on this board all the time and they're just as correct.
Thread posts: 57
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.