[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

TSA Passport Kiosks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

File: la-me-passport-readers-20140925.jpg (698KB, 2048x1318px) Image search: [Google]
la-me-passport-readers-20140925.jpg
698KB, 2048x1318px
Every time I visit the US with my Dutch passport I get directed to use these kiosks and they always fail on me. What gives?
>>
>>1264167
maybe your face differs a lot to your passport photo, maybe you share a name with a suspected person, maybe they just don't like you
>>
do you have your esta granted? pretty sure you need that in order for the machine not to put an X over your face and send you to an immigration officer.

other than that it's pot luck i think. i get through 90% of the time as an irish guy, and when they work they definitely do save time. miami used to be a nightmare in immigration, these machines have taken 30 minutes off that experience at least
>>
I've got the X over mine every time. And I'm just an ordinary guy with a EU passport. No idea what criteria they use or if there is luck involved as well.
>>
>>1264172
>face differs
warning: I'm about to make a retarded post

used the kiosks for the first time this year, even though I've traveled a lot in my life. I look a lot older, and thinner, than my passport photo, and I had a disgusting neckbeard at the time because reasons.

Didn't have any problems, didn't know it checked faces. Thought it was just doing RFID and reading the block text.

US citizen, Logan airport, early 2017
>>
>>1264172
>maybe you share a name with a suspected person
I had OP's problem when I used to travel to the US pretty regularly, the kiosk would always tell me to go to the check-in counter. There;s a huge number of people whose names get flagged up at airports because of regular crimes; nothing to do with terrorism or political dissent or anything like that. You probably have the same name as some guy with a Dutch grandfather who has a warrant out for his arrest.
>>
>>1264172
>maybe your face differs a lot to your passport photo
Then a lot of people are going to have problems.

My country's passports are valid for up to 10 years. That's a LOT of time for someone to change appearances. Even if you have the same haircut for the rest of your life, there will be inevitable & uncontrollable changes.
>>
>>1264167
I dont know about Euros visiting the US, but time I come back to the US I use these kiosks and and get done through passport control in a minute or so. I do have global entry so maybe thats the reason
>>
I also always fail these kiosks. For me the problem is with my fingerprints. Dunno why but these kiosks just can't recognize mine. Then I have to do a minimum 2 hours queue to the manned immigration check poin. Makes me wonder how reliable this fingerprinting thing is in the first place.
>>
>>1266063
>not having the same haircut your entire life
>>
>>1266346
My mom made me get a bowl cut when I was a kid.

Good thing I didn't stick with that through my adult life.
>>
>>1264285
ive been through these things several times and im pretty sure it doesnt check faces. it just makes a printout of your face so the immigration officer can compare it with your face and your passport pic. i look a lot different than i did when i had my passport pic taken and it's never been a problem for me.
>>
I'm going to say that I fingerprint for my job often, and those glass scanners are crap if your hands are
1) sweaty
2) you move slightly

Stay still, very still. Maybe that'll help.
>>
>>1266405
>his palms are sweaty
>knees weak
>arms are heavy
>his fingerprints ain't reading
>the agent's being upsetty
>>
I was outside of the US for 2 and a half years, returned with a bunch of dodgy stamps and long hair. I got an X and they sent me to the brown people room where i was debriefed for an hour. If you travel a lot, or travel to countries which the US considers suspicious (?), which is almost every country now, then that's probably why you get an X.
>>
>>1266469
How would the US know which countries you have traveled to without looking at your passport?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.