[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

EU zone borders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

I'm curious to know if there are any hard borders in the EU zone? How likely am I to be stopped driving a foreign plated car?
>>
There's nothing, just a sign saying the country name.
>>
Usually there are no borders at all, but due to G20 Germany has closed some of its borders for now and it can take several hours to cross them.
>>
I've only ever been stopped at the Zürich-Germany border while on a bus and on trains from Germany into France and Italy into Switzerland. It is not that I am south american or anything like that, they check everyone regardless
>>
>>1264266
could it be because Switzerland *isn't* in the eu?
>>
>>1264279
I can see why you say that but also think about the fact that you don't get stopped at the swiss-french border. I make that drive once every month from Annecy into Genève with no problems at all
>>
I haven't driven, but flying and on trains the only time my passport was checked was on the train from barcelona to paris
>>
>>1264291
>you don't get stopped at the swiss-french border.
now that's interesting.
do they have a police posts/ cars ready there? And don't they give you stamps into your passport on the other borders to prove you've entered legally? If so, how could they not give it to you when you come through that French border?
>>
>>1264279
borders don't have anything to do with eu, and everything to do with schengen.
>>
There is no 'EU zone'. You are talking about the 'Schengen Area' which involves countries that abolished hard borders between each other. They include most but not all EU countries and also some non-EU countries.

However, more extensive border checks might be imposed temporarily due to an increase in security threats. Also, police checks behind the borders on known smuggler routes are still commonplace.

For example your are driving on a German highway having crossed the border an hour ago and coming from the Netherlands and the police might stop your car because people are known to bring some weed from their stay in their Netherlands and driving on this route.
>>
>>1264159
Well Mr drug smuggler, you wont be stopped.

Most of the times they stop people whos license plate they registered moving across border often.
Like those dumb arabs who dress and look like criminals driving to southern spain to pick up coce or hasj and then driving back to holland germany france 3 times a week.
>>
>>1264320
They don't stamp your passport at any point if you travel by car or bus. The only time so far they have done that has been in airports
>>
>>1265005
they've done me at chunnel, and boats
>>
>>1265014
UK and Ireland are not part of Schengen.
>>
>>1265024
no shit

that anon just only mentioned airports
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.