[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sick before travel

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_1530.png (87KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1530.png
87KB, 450x450px
I need words of encouragement.

I'm going on vacation tomorrow and my flight is tomorrow evening. However, many of my co-workers have been sick the past week and it looks like I caught it. I just threw up several times and feel like a mess.

Anyone here ever travel alone while sick? I don't want to cancel my trip, I'd be very embarrassed if I did that. Any advice for me
>>
>>1264155
pack anti-diarrhea pills in hand luggage if flying, take them if you need them or not, pack other medicines, take pepto bismol, eat plenty of fresh fruit, don't eat anything too heavy, carry water
>>
>>1264156

Ok I will. I'm starting to feel pretty concerned about my flight tomorrow, I really don't want to be sick the whole flight and then when I first get to Europe and have to find my way to the hostel.
>>
>>1264155
I got sick a a few days before my overseas trip. I went straight to the doctor and he gave me antibiotics.

It didnt cure me instantly, but I feel like it did help.
>>
>>1264155

Over new years I contracted Pneumonia like 6 days before going on a 2 month holiday.

I had to cancel it, didn't get much money back and ended up spending my holidays in bed. It couldn't have gone worse.

But if I had gone and I got worse, I could have been in serious trouble.

My lungs are permanently damaged as is.
>>
i had a severe gout attack the morning i was due to leave on an african safari. it's highly painful and usually lasts 3-4 days, during which i can do nothing. and i had no medication on hand, and no time to get a prescription. but i wasn't going to waste my money so i hobbled into a taxi to the airport. turns out the taximan suffered from gout too and had a bottle of prednizone. gave me 8 pills and sent me on my way. the airport was a nightmare, i was in tears hobbling around on what felt like razors. the first flight was a nightmare. but the pills kicked in and things got better. and by some miracle, instead of lasting 3-4 days it lasted only 24 hours this time and I was able to hobble around just fine the next day, and had an amazing two week african trip.

on my way back i had food poisoning and spent half the flight in the toilet throwing up. i felt bad for my fellow passengers but i'll never see any of them again. didn't dampen my memories of the trip at all.

moral of the story - if in doubt, go. you'll suffer for a bit but you may get lucky and even if not your illness will only cost you a couple days and you'll still get a lot of the experience you paid for.
>>
OP here, I went to the doctor and got a prescription. I also picked up a travel sided container of Advil and Peto. So hopefully I'll be fine on the 7 hour flight
>>
>>1264220
just, if you feel you're going to hurl or shit yourself, don't be a sperg and try to act cool - get up and run to the fucking toilet on the plane. punch your fellow seatmates if they're asleep. don't hold anything in - if you're feeling ill stand up in the aisle until it's time to go or comandeer the toilet for 20 minutes at a time.

had I delayed for even one second when I was ill on a long-hauler, I'd have puked all over everyone three times and shat myself twice.

fucking air hostesses though I was dying, lol, because I fainted in the aisle. I had it real bad.
>>
>>1264228

>i fainted in the aisle

Fuck.. how long were you out? What did they do for you?

But luckily, I'm on the upper deck of a Air France A380-800, plus I have an aisle seat right near a bathroom, so that won't be an issue
>>
>>1264233
just momentarily, enough to fall back against the toilet door in the aisle and slide to the floor. hostess helped me up. she looked terrified lol

it was ethiopian airlines (not bad actually) and I had let them know when I got on that I was very sick but that it wasn't something contagious (although I was terrified it was)

so they already knew about me and had been looking out for me. i stumbled back to my seat and they got me some tablets and some water - they'd already put me in my own row thankfully. it was a long flight from addis ababa to amsterdam and I was in pieces for all of it.
>>
>>1264237

Fuck man, that sounds crazy. But I sort of know that feeling. Last year I went to Venice, Italy. And I was super fucked up the first few days from anxiety. I wasn't eating much and I was jet lagged on top of that. I remember I was stumbling in the Venice train station. I really thought I was about to pass out flat on my face. That was nerve wrecking actually thinking I was about to just faint in the middle of a busy train station. I had tunnel vision and everything, I honestly don't know how I physically made it from Venice all the way to Thiene that day, I have no fucking clue how I did it
>>
>>1264168
I left home healthy once, wound up with walking pneumonia out and about, and dropped 800 bucks to get home as fast as I could.

>it could have gone way, way worse for both of us Anon
>>
>>1264220
get a mask!!
it helps soo much. and make sure to check if the ac above your head on the plane, turn it off completely.
>>
>>1264155
I'm always paranoid I'll get sick before my travels, then again I'm a bit (or quite) hypochondriac.

I always carry all kind of medicines when I travel. The only time I had to use them was in a flight, I was seconds away from shitting myself due to a strong diarrhea (seriously, I've never been that close). Luckily I was carrying antidiarrhea meds and they helped a lot.

OP, don't worry, you'll be fine quickly. Being sick of the stomach it's absolutely awful and you feel like shit, but it just lasts 2-3 days tops. Just take the meds the doctor gave you, stay hydrated and take it easy on the food.

You'll be fine. Good luck mate.
>>
File: IMG_1545.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1545.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
Almost time to go. I'm feeling a lot better btw, I may even attempt to eat the inflight meal
>>
The flight was fine. But I'm sitting at my hostel right now waiting to check in.. feeling like absolute shit. I think it's mostly out of exhaustion though. I haven't slept in 24 hours, but factoring in jet-lag, my body thinks it's been 35 or whatever.

Fuck me
>>
>>1265023
you sound like you need a vacation
>>
>>1265023
You just need to rest. Sleep a lot even if that means you will waste the day.

You'll feel better as times goes by.

By the way, that A380 is gorgeous.
>>
File: 1498090246068.jpg (25KB, 625x555px) Image search: [Google]
1498090246068.jpg
25KB, 625x555px
>>1264724
>taking pictures of airports
do you want to be shot?
>>
>>1265167

As soon as I checked in I passed out for a few hours in bed. Feeling much better compared to earlier, now I just got to gradually start eating more until I'm back to normal
>>
>>1265172
the 'tism is strong in you, young brave
>>
How are you feeling OP?
>>
>>1265912

first few days were rough. But I'm feeling much much better now, had a good past 3 days
>>
>>1266783
Good to know!
>>
>>1265180
If you feel sick, try to get hold of some anti-histamines, they are more often than not available without prescription and usually do the trick. And they get you sleepy.
Thread posts: 25
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.