[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Moving to Canada. Yay or nay ?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 4

File: EP-29.jpg (37KB, 600x336px) Image search: [Google]
EP-29.jpg
37KB, 600x336px
Hi guys !
So recently shit has really hit the fan in my country and just about everybody my age is leaving the country ( over 20% of the population aged 18-30 has left the country just in 2016. 2017 is expected to be worse ).

So, as all my friends are packing their stuff, there's no point in staying here.
And I have the opportunity to work in alot of countries, given my current work experience, and someone suggested Canada. Moreover, the visas for Canada will be lifted by December 2017, which is a great thing.

I have friends in whole Europe and a few in Australia, but nobody in Canada.
Can any canadian please be so kind as to tell me something about Canada ? Lifestyle, how's life there, how are the people there, how are immigrants seen ?
I've worked so far with people from Calgary, Alberta, Toronto, Quebec and Montreal and they seem like really good natured people with lots of patience.

Also, in order to give something back to /trv/, ask a multinational service desk analyst anything.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2448x3264px
>>1264131
Where are you from? I live and work in Alberta. The economic situation here is getting worse and worse, Canada has no long term economic foundation, half our GDP growth in the past few years has been from Housing/Real Estate, that isn't a viable economic foundation. Intelligent people here are either getting their education or grinding out in the oil field so they can permanently leave the country. This is also a country to flee unfortunately, we're still in the " good times " right now and times really aren't that great.

I wouldn't recommend Canada for longer term/permanent settlement. The Canadian government doesn't really care about Canadians. If you're the type of retard who cares more about racial diversity and trans rights over economics then sure, this is your shithole. Otherwise look elsewhere, I'll be out of this shithole in 12-14 months at this rate of work, and I was born here ( thank god I have EU citizenship too though, going to move to Eastern Europe, weaker economy now but better prospects for the future and a way better place to raise a family. Only positive thing I can say is that the quality of our cannabis is great. But cannabis quality isn't a metric that an adult uses to choose a place to settle down.
>>
>>1264141

i'm from Eastern Europe. Here's a great advice when moving to Eastern Europe : Don't move to Eastern Europe. Unless you choose to go for Poland or Hungary, you should just avoid the area altogether.
Unless working for 300 euros/month and getting mugged in the streets is your thing. And if you have a special fondness for gypsies and getting spit at in the streets.

Some really helpful fellows from /adv/ suggested that Vancouver and Ontario areas are the best. Small towns in that area. Not the actual cities.
>>
>>1264143
> unless you choose to go for Poland or Hungary

I am though, Poland. The economy is on the rise and the country has a bright social future, unlike here. Ontario is a shithole and the Vancouver area is prohibitively expensive for Canadians who didn't buy property there 20+ years ago before the Chinese came and destroyed the local economy.

I know I'll be taking a pay cut to live in Poland but quality of life isn't measured by gross income. I'd rather make 1/3 of what I make here and live almost the same in terms of housing/food/entertainment and be in a non degenerate country, among my people and contributing to their rise, not the rise of Chang and Pajeet families here in Canada.
>>
>>1264146

Believe me, bub, when you don't/can't earn enough in order to pay the bills and the groceries, let alone entertainment, gross income does matter.
Where I live the average rent costs more than the average salary. And food costs more than in Western Europe.
Try to live on 300 euros/month, when you need 700 euros/month for a decent life.
>>
File: image.jpg (30KB, 278x364px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
30KB, 278x364px
>>1264148
So move to Hungary or Czechia? Or try and move to a country with an actual economic future like the U.S., don't come here. And you sound like you're from Bulgaria or Romania kek.

I'm not trying to trick you into not discovering this " paradise ", I'm warning you that this county has no economic future and people with even slightly greater than rudimentary knowledge of macroeconomics are making plans to leave Canada. You're wanting to board a sinking ship.
>>
>>1264150

i am actually from Romania. Just about any country is better than this.
Recently corruption has been decriminalized and now the gubment is voting to give full autonomy to a region which consists mostly of hungarians that settled here some time ago.
Basically the gubment is selling the country.
And Romania has the highest migration rate in the world for a country with no on-going war. And we have the 2nd highest migration rate in the world in general, number 1 being Syria.
>>
>>1264151
Why not look to more regional countries? Or the U.S. Like I said, if you can get into Canada legally then you can probably get into the U.S. Legally too. Poland, Hungary and Czechia all seem like good options. I'm actually considering moving to Czechia and living in Praha to establish myself financially before buying property in Poland in a decade or so. Canada may be better than Romania but the same stuff is happening here in terms of selling the country, this won't be a desirable place to live in 20-25 years.
>>
File: 1493475174341.jpg (99KB, 1401x746px) Image search: [Google]
1493475174341.jpg
99KB, 1401x746px
>>1264152

Well, visas for Canada will be lifted in December so it's much easier to go. US still requires visa. And I'm afraid that US will get into a nasty war any time soon.
I currently have the options of UK ( not so sure about it though due to Brexit ), Italy ( which is an average life but spectacular view and generally norther Italy is such a nice place to be ), Australia ( high income but too hot and too littered with dangerous animals ).
So the runner ups are Canada and Italy.
>>
>>1264146
Sorry

The Chinese never came there, they were left behind in Vancouver after they finished building our railroad
>>
>>1264141

How does one get into the oil industry? Any particular requirements? I don't mind doing manual labor/dangerous shit for a lot of money.

>tfw in same situation as OP
>tfw Balkans as well
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.