[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Rough "first" night

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_0276.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0276.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
Barcelona. No, I don't want a warm beer, and no, I don't want a hooker to blow me. Fuck off.
It's my first trip and I tried going out at night by myself. I'm now fully convinced I'm socially retarded. I thought an easy warm up before the club would be to go up to a group of (seemingly strangers) playing volleyball and ask if I could join. One guy sitting on the side told me to ask the others and when I did they just ignored me. Am I a creep? I thought this would be a normal thing to do? They all seemed like a mismatched group of people. Then I got so flustered I just walked away since they clearly ignored me. I was afraid the same thing would happen at a club so I just skipped it and went back to sleep.
In a few days I start staying in hostels. Will this make it better? Please help with your words I feel like shit and it's only the second day of 21 days.

pic is in Barca but unrelated
>>
if you're in a hostel it's easier to find someone else solo and maybe do stuff with them, might already be a group that invites you

you don't sound like someone who would enjoy barcelona
>>
Keep trying; don't give up hope and if you don't start making friends, go explore magical Catalunya. You don't need other people to enjoy nature and history.
>>
>>1263959
>and no, I don't want a hooker to blow me.
Why not?
>>
>>1263959
>Am I a creep?
No but you are overthinking it, they probably were a small team that plays. Unless you look like a stereotypical 4channer.

> I thought this would be a normal thing to do?
it is but with the information you gave it's hard to determine anything. See above

>I was afraid the same thing would happen at a club so I just skipped it and went back to sleep.
First stupid mistake I read, clubs are meant for social interaction and change out. People in a volleyball game are probably more in a group. In america no one cares usually because you can tell amateurs just bullshitting vs small league teams. Clubs are literally open to all.

> Please help with your words I feel like shit and it's only the second day of 21 days.
Forget about that mess and go back out tomorrow, hit up a bar or club before you judge everything off someone playing volleyball.
>>
>>1263959
Are you really just going on vacation to go to night clubs and make friends? I don't get that. You can go to clubs at home. And you're not going to meet any actual friends because you'e travelling around so much. Why waste time?

When I travel I mostly just pack my days full of sightseeing, museums, nature and history. Early to bed, early to rise. Maybe that's just me though.
>>
>>1263986
Not OP but I generally do something like this
>2-3 stops during the day of neat places to things, always have an extra for X fell through or I have more time than expected
>night, go to a bar or two that I researched prior to and hang with locals
>get back to room around 12-1AM, wake up at 8AM
>repeat

Works fine 90% of the time, usually requires me to do a sleep in one week during my travel but depends entirely how long I am traveling for.
>>
>>1263986

Different strokes for different folks.

I'll normally go out on weekends, especially if I'm a large Latin American city or other place with notoriously vibrant nightlife.

Don't think there's anything wrong with hitting up a nice bar or club every so often when you're traveling, although I will not admit to understanding the types of folks who do nothing other than booze.

I was recently in Ecuador and spent a couple weeks hiking around the mountains and visiting small towns before breaking for a few days on the beach. On my last day, I woke up around 7am to check out my hostel and meet up with a tour group going to Isla de la Plata.

By the time I was on my way out, there was a line of Brits and Australians situated at the bar, clamoring for drinks. In the three or four days I spent there, I'd never seen one of them sober, and they all seemed to be long-term guests.

That I don't get, but whatever.
>>
>>1263989
>I'll normally go out on weekends, especially if I'm a large Latin American city or other place with notoriously vibrant nightlife.

This is normal imo, I "go out" every night to a bar get a mild buzz going hang with a few people and such but never go full retard and club every night. You wouldn't remember your trip that way.
>>
>>1263996

Sometimes I'll go 'full retard' for a couple nights in a row, but I can't take much more than that.

Getting drunk too often makes my body repulsed by alcohol for an age, so I always try to take it easy.
>>
>>1263959
Did both volleyball teams have the same amount of players? If yes, I would have not let you play with us
>>
>>1263959
Actually OP, if you are being this much of a fucking pussy about some people not letting you play volleyball and THAT ruins your day and trip, I can kind of understand why they ignored you. If you can't let this roll off then holy shit OP how often do you go outside.

It's not like people would go "wow random guy we know nothing about, sure you can interrupt our game and we will squeeze you in"
>>
>>1263967
I'm not in a hostel yet, still in a hotel. I came here with family but after two more days here I leave them. And yea, I sure hope it's easier to meet others in hostels.
>>1263978
Thanks for the encouragement. I'll try to go to a travel bar tonight that I saw walking around. That should be easier.
>>1263980
Because they all looked cheap and dirty.
>>1263983
You're probably right. They looked like they were wearing their going out clothes but the styles are different here and they seemed pretty good, so I'll just assume they were a club.
>>1263986
That's what I do during the day. As far as nightlife goes, I'm young and in Europe. Might as well try to have fun.
>>1264000
I don't remember but it was clear they didn't want me to join them.
>>1264010
Welcome to 4chan. At college I like to go out but with people I know. If I go alone I turn into a mega introvert and social retard.
>>
>>1263959
> One guy sitting on the side told me to ask the others and when I did they just ignored me. Am I a creep?

he was very nice to invite you in the group, but once you're in try to have some small talk with the rest of the people, if you just start playing with them and then stay silent for the rest of the time, others will just ignore you. When you join a group of strangers, you must be the one doing the big part of the job socializing with the rest.

Usually in hostels things are a bit more easy since the groups of people are smaller and it's easier to meet people, and usually there are other solo travellers who want to talk and share a beer.
>>
>>1263959
I never had any prostitutes solicit me in Barcelona, it's weird. The only place that happened was in Vienna, and I was staying in a shadier part of town for cheap prices. Maybe I'm just an ugly fuck.
>>
File: IMG_6329.jpg (2MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6329.jpg
2MB, 4032x3024px
>>1264613
>When you join a group of strangers, you must be the one doing the big part of the job socializing with the rest

yeah I've only ever once (unintentionally/accidentally) done the
>are you a Yank? do you need a tour guide? a place to stay? just find a local!!!

when I arrived, it was to what I would describe as a frathouse of 20 somethings who didn't realize college was over. Immediately, I grasped I had to pay much more than a hotel would have cost (in booze) and also be entertaining, without being a clown ... while also not eating their food, or ever contacting them again

it was STILL fucking awesome
>>
>>1263959
It does get much easier when you are in hostels. It's a great way to make some new friends. I just spent a week in barcelona in a hostel and made a lot of new friends who I'll likely keep in touch with.
>>
>>1264707

>hostel

>lot of new friends
>lot of new friends I'll keep in touch with

Pick one.
>>
>>1264713
This, I'll sometimes add people I meet in hostels on my facebook, but generally get removed or remove them shortly after the vacation is over. It's better not to add them for too long because you're just going to lose track of them anyways
>>
>>1264717
MEAN
>>
>>1264792
It's not mean, it's going to happen at some point. That person you added from germany? probably doesn't give a fuck you added them in 30 days
>>
>>1264795
What the fuck is there to do in Barcelona anyway? Isn't Madrid better?

I'm just looking to get spun and krunk, maybe Ibiza wouls be best.
>>
I'm about to be in Barcelona for a few days alone. If anyone wants to get a drink let me know. Only thing I know in gonna do so far is visit sagrada familia and the Picasso museum
>>
Anyone know a good place to watch the confederations cup in Barcelona?
>>
>>1264797
> Isn't Madrid better?
Yes, it is. But that is too late now for OP.
>>
>>1263959

Maybe they didn't hear you? Maybe they were concentrating on the game?

Stupid that you skipped the club just for that, come on faggot laugh it off and get over it.

I'm in a hostel now in Stockholm actually, just struck up a random conversation with people in the kitchen. Never experienced this before, everyone is super friendly and open. Of course I fucked it up since my mind isn't calibrated towards seduction but insulting strangers on the internet...
>>
>>1264713
>lisbon
>make friends with an italian dude who lives with paris
>meet up in paris and chill

>madrid
>make friends with a dude who works in the same city as me

>barcelona
>make friends with a girl who lives in the next city over from me and is also going to paris at the same time as me

It happens
>>
>>1263959
Normies only outside of 4chan, OP. Sorry.
>>
>be small time volleyball player with friends
>head out to beach to play some
>have full teams already just rotating out one person per round
>tourist comes up next to us
>mumbles something about watching so don't really mind
>eh whatever he's just watching
>asks something about wanting to play under his breath couldn't really make it out
>pretty obvious we are all set up to play and don't have any open spots
>give him a confused look for not reading the fact we are full
>stares at his phone the whole time and then walks off

This is probably what you looked like OP
>>
>>1263959
I have never in my life gone up to people and started to talk to them. Yet I have lots of friends and had a few gfs and one night stands. I just sit there quiet comfortable with myself and people always come up to me and want to know me.
>>
Expand your radar radius.

It's hard to explain. Basically it's your vibe that attracts your kind. Changing your vibe changes what you attract, and what attracts you.

Wipe it off.
>>
>>1266832
100% chance you're good-looking

I'm really really ugly (not fat, just reasonable fit for a skinny person) and I'm the type of guy who need to kind of convince people I'm cool in the first seconds of conversation. If not, people will generally just ignore me. idk if you guys feel the same.
>>
>>1263959
Yeah so here's the trick, if you're on your own, stay in hostels if you want to meet people.

You don't even have to stay in a dorm room, you'll just meet people in the lobby or bar, I've made some great friends that way and I'm a massive introvert

Approaching random people is not a good idea, no. Nor is going for a night out on your own. Go for a few beers while you wrote a travel diary or plan the next day if you're on your own and don't feel like sitting in the hostel

It gets better my dude, all part of the experience
>>
>>1264713
Mate I live in Barcelona and have had three dates at home with girls I met abroad this year alone. Also been out drinking with some lads I met on a vacation as well.

It is such a touristy place, it seems like everyone winds up going there eventually. In the end, I don't think anyone will go out of their way to meet "friends" they made while on the road, but if the situation is convenient and both parties have something to gain from meeting up, sure, why not
Thread posts: 34
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.