[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How many pairs of shoes should I bring for a six-month trip,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: 1471225459568361074.jpg (15KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1471225459568361074.jpg
15KB, 250x250px
How many pairs of shoes should I bring for a six-month trip, /trv/?

I realize this might sound like a stupid question - I'm not even a newbie traveler. I've done about 35 countries since 2013 and am doing another six or seven before the year is done.

Problem for me is that I'm really going to be going through different climates. Starting in Mexico, flying to Africa, spending a couple months traveling there, and then wrapping up the year in India.

Planning to bring three pairs of shoes: waterproof Merrell Moabs for hiking, running/athletic shoes, and a dress pair for dates/fancy places. Also going to take some sandals.

I don't want to compromise my comfort, but I hate the thought of taking up so much room with fucking shoes. The Merrells are great for hiking - used them a lot in Ecuador - but I'm worried that, because they're leather and waterproof, they might be too warm for the places I'm going. However, I would like something for hiking.

Any advice?

I feel like a fucking teenage girl.
>>
>waterproof boots
kek
I assume you didn't encounter much wet weather/terrain before, otherwise you'd know that waterproof shoes are a total meme

I'd say ditch those and your running shoes and get some trail runners (unless your running shoes are fit for hiking already). Dress pair is up to you. Sandals a must, but can be made much lighter depending on the sandals themselves.

It still sounds like too much for me but that's because I never wear dress shoes, but that's because I never go to places that require them. If you do, then you gotta bring them

At any rate, shoes (and socks) are your single contact with the rest of the world. I'm sure you can cut weight/space from other stuff you're bringing.
>>
Trail shoes, sandals/crocs, and a dress pair if you insist, but black trail shoes can do double duty. Waterproof boots don't stay that way for very long, and are really only necessary in the snow imo.
>>
>>1262194
OP, I always travel with 3 pairs. It's part of being a traveler that does a variety of things. I always do have the crocs for sanitary reasons, they instantly wipe dry, and can be used in the airport, plane, hotel room, shower, pool, a spa, and to just cush the sore feet in the evening after a long day of walking. Get a pair that doubles as normal shoes unless looking too hard at them and you can wear them out without schlumming it too much.

You climate determines the daily walking shoe, but maybe for such a long trip, you may want a bit of a boot or sneaker that you can add a second set of insole to, something durable. I would never wear a non-sandal if it meant sweating. Sandals are necessary. In Mexico City, your shoes get dirty as hell, something sprayed or protected, wipeable, but realize you can shop for any shoes you want there, as well, can even replace them.

Dressy shoe should also have some comfort brand element built in, like maybe some Clarks, Naturalizer, etc.
>>
Cant you just buy shoes there if needed.. christ its not like you are going to the moon.
>>
2 pairs.

One pair for casual outings
One pair kicking shit around town.

Anything else can be purchased
>>
Do i need go get vaccinations for south America? My immune system is good I never wash my hands unless I get poo on them after wiping I get a cough sometimes in the winter b/c I smoke but hasn't happened in past two years. I don't want to have (((thier))) particles in me
>>
>>1263009
Og that was supposed to be an OP.
Guess I've had enough for tonight
>>
>>1262596

I was in Ecuador during the rainy season and I really feel like they helped a lot. They weren't perfectly sealed, but they did a great job keeping my feet dry.

>>1262597

I was thinking the same - my hiking boots definitely aren't upscale kickers, but they look good with dark jeans.

>>1262616

Thanks for the reassurance.

I'll probably bring all three pairs and maybe keep the dress shoes in my smaller laptop bag. I like looking presentable, especially when I'm in very appearance-conscious regions like South Asia or Latin America. I've found that not looking like a hippie makes locals like me more, kek.

>>1263009

Probably Hep A and B, a tetanus booster, Yellow Fever, and maybe typhoid (not sure if typhoid is a thing in Latin America or not).

Just check the Department of State's website TBQH.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.