[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

unusual museums

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 6

File: onion.jpg (50KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
onion.jpg
50KB, 600x600px
ITT: tell us about the coolest, unusual museums you have in your city/ you've seen abroad.

Obviously, non-art museums are preferred

I'm from Krakow, Poland and we have a very nice pharmacy museum here. With tons of paraphrenalia and what not. It's about $4 to enter.

pic unrelated
>>
>>1262056
The Stephan Audel memorial museum inside the biggest christmas tree in Germany (or the world), in Wermelskirchen. He was a hero.
>>
>>1262056
We have the holocaust Museum here in Berlin. Hilarious stuff
>>
>>1262056
Icelandic Phallological Museum in Reykjavík. A penis museum.
>>
The favorite I've ever been to has to probably be the Miners Museum in Sydney, Canada. They take you down into a real preserved mine and give you a tour of it as well as show you where the miners slept and such, lots of stuff on child labour. Pretty interesting g stuff for a shitty neighborhood.
>>
Re: unusual museums, I found the railroad museum in Bulawayo, Zimbabwe really bizarrely nice since it was (and looking online still is) a throwback to the good old days in Rhodesia. The older white guy who runs it is fantastic, and they had a really huge collection of engines and historic train cars. It's weird to see how developed rail travel used to be in Africa, and how things have fallen apart since (once upon a time you could literally travel from cape to Cairo by train, not I don't think there's a single cross-border train in Africa).

Re: plain old fantastic museums, the Royal Tyrell dinosaur museum in Alberta totally blew me away. Hands down the best museum in the world, truly astounding place that covers the whole history of life on earth. I visited completely on a whim and was totally shocked at how huge and well done it was; has to be the best natural history museum in the world and I've been to the major ones I think.
>>
Torture museum in amsterdam
Funny but a little bit scary
>>
bump, that's getting pretty interesting. Anything in Asia?
>>
>>1264179
Condom museum in bangkok

Or toilet museum in seoul
>>
>>1262727
Theres a theme park in the centre of Johannesburg that has an attraction that's similar to that. I believe its an extra 8$ USD to go down into the mine. You still see tiny specs of gold flake in between chunks of black rock. You only get to experience the top 30% of the mine, as everything else has "flooded" over the years.
>>
well theres that dick museum in Reykjavik
I felt hella weird doing that on my own
>>
>>1262720
>>1264308
so is there a pussy museum somewhere as well?
>>
>>1262720
Reykjanesbaer Viking Museum -- really good

Chocostory in Bruges -- meh, but you asked for weird
>>
File: Smug cat.png (321KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
Smug cat.png
321KB, 640x480px
>>1264948
Your mom.
Pretty good discounts too.
>>
>>1262900
There's a torture museum in 1 out of 3 European towns.
>>
>>1262056
St. Persburgh has one called Kuntskamera.
Has a lot of freakish stuff but lots of other cool exhibits too
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kunstkamera
>>
First thing that appeared in my head was the Mutter Museum of Medical Oddities in Philadelphia. It's exactly the way you're imagining it.
>>
>>1262814
>Royal Tyrell dinosaur museum
that place looks amazing. too bad it's over 9000 miles from anyplace.
>>
>>1262727

Sydneyian here. Fuck you, that's in Glace Bay aka (Oxy)Cottonland. Sydney is slightly less shitty than Glace Bay, thank you very much.
>>
I was in the St Louis Westward Expansion museum, which isn't that strange, except all the animationics were being worked on, and their skin was off, so there's this barred western landscape filled with scary ass robots. I am unable to find the pictures I took and it makes me terribly depressed
>>
>>1265339
still hoping for the pics

and hoping you feel better now, anon
>>
File: Museo-del-bottone-interno.jpg (192KB, 1000x665px) Image search: [Google]
Museo-del-bottone-interno.jpg
192KB, 1000x665px
The Museum of buttons, Santarcangelo di Romagna, Italy
>>
>>1264179

There's the Meguro Paracitological museum in Tokyo, with a bunch of parasites and shit in glass jars.
>>
Chocolate museum in Bruges
>>
>>1267959
nice.
I guess there is some degustation during/after the trip?
is the chocholate very expensive there? Is it worth it?
>>
>>1268503
A little bit of degustation. At the end they also have a "live show", they have a mini-chocolateria where you see chocolatiers preparing chocolate, you see it all and it's being commented by the guides. Not very expensive either.
>>
File: frog2.jpg (118KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
frog2.jpg
118KB, 1000x750px
Froggy Land in Split Croatia
>>
Devil's Museum, Kaunus, Lithuania
>>
File: silk-nff013.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
silk-nff013.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
There's a collector in the Kansas City area who has one of the world's largest collections of silk art prints.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.