[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where to go...

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: hannibal1_2553735b.jpg (47KB, 620x387px) Image search: [Google]
hannibal1_2553735b.jpg
47KB, 620x387px
Where are 3 to 5 places rich and abundant with art and beauty that the likes of Hannibal Lecter himself would visit?

For example, Prague perhaps? Certainly Florence. Basically my girl and I want to go somewhere like this in Europe for her birthday.

First time posting on this board so I'm relyin' on you folks.
>>
File: 1487028987102.png (143KB, 1705x1185px) Image search: [Google]
1487028987102.png
143KB, 1705x1185px
Is your girlfriend a suit made out of skin?
I'd suggest Spain.
Barcelona is dope if you dig modern art. Or you could do the 'golden triangle' in the south of Granada, Cordoba, and Seville...as well as pretty much everywhere else in the south; Jerez, Cadiz, Ronda...
Madrid and Toledo are great too. Plus all the little medieval villages in the Catalunyan forests...
>>
Vienna is hibrow as fuck.

Neo-classical architecture, some of the best classical music in the world, world renowned hub of diplomacy means great luxury services and cultural offerings.

Birthplace of psychoanalysis as Jung and freud lived there.
Excellent museums and so on..

I'm french and very proud of Paris but I never quite understood why people decided to crown paris as the best when it comes to culture when there are gems like vienna around.
>>
>>1261441
He said rich, so Spain is out
>>
>>1261433
Switzerland
>rich
>nice art
>scenery is best in Europe

Not gonna lie the first time I was there I was mesmerized by the south part, really fucking crazy looking mountains
>>
>>1261433
Look, it's your ancestor!
>>
>>1261451
Which cities in Switz?
>>
>>1261474
Not him but for modern art it's Basel and Zurich for a mix of classic, contemporary and modern art.

If you want to see the alps it's 2h by train from any of the two.
>>
>>1261441
>>1261475
>modern art

>>1261433
Hannibal Lecter is Lithuanian but idk how rich any art is in the Baltic region but I feel Budapest may be loosely fitting to what you're looking for.
>>
>>1261443
>I never quite understood why people decided to crown paris as the best when it comes to culture

No one has done this since the 19th century. Your time in the sun has long since passed.
>>
>>1261497
Yeah totally, as if Paris hadn't played a big role in the lives of Hemingway, Corbusier, Foujita, or many others. You are delusional. The fact that the city's suffering from an immigration problem among its lower classes doesn't stop the activities of the rich and high brow from thriving. Art, theatre, cuisine, fashion, architect, design. There's a reason why people from other continents, Japanese or American, to train as a chef, or to work in haute couture, or art curator, they go to Paris, not Coppahagen or Amsterdam or Munich.

Culture isn't born out of thin air, but human movements and interactions, and Paris will never lack this just because of the fact that the city is one of the, if not the biggest hub in Europe. Vienna has a great foundation of their own, but the secular nature of Austrians keeps the city from developing major scenes.
>>
>>1261508
>training to be a chef in paris
>not lyon
you have watch ratatouille too much
>>
>>1261508
All old shit
>>
>>1261433
prague is fantastic, the architecture is first rate

Paris has an incredible collection of art, truly there are so many world class galleries

florence was a hub during the renaisance, but how much of that remains I'm not sure.
when I Was there i could navigate by my memory of assassins creed though, which was nice

>>1261443
this
vienna is very high brow all around, I saw some pre-screenings of film there a few years ago; and I believe classical theater is still heavilily subsidised

>>1261569
made me smile, spain has a really up-coming scene too now
>>
>>1261508
>The fact that the city's suffering from an immigration problem among its lower classes doesn't stop the activities of the rich and high brow from thriving.
>Art, theatre, cuisine, fashion, architect, design.
SF, NY are vastly more influential in art, theater and cuisine at this point (and Milan for fashion), but keep telling yourself that.

Not sure what you are referring to with 'design' that's a pretty vague term, but if you mean architectural design I'll admit that Paris has some awesome buildings.

>There's a reason why people from other continents, Japanese or American, to train as a chef, or to work in haute couture, or art curator, they go to Paris, not Coppahagen or Amsterdam or Munich.
What decade do you think you're cruising in? Japanese food is the new 'haute couture' of the foodie world. This isn't the roaring 20's anymore lol.

>Culture isn't born out of thin air, but human movements and interactions, and Paris will never lack this just because of the fact that the city is one of the, if not the biggest hub in Europe. Vienna has a great foundation of their own, but the secular nature of Austrians keeps the city from developing major scenes.
Well enjoy your new 'culture' I guess. I've taken public transit in Paris and have legitimately been the only non-brown person on the bus, to each their own I guess, enjoy the new France. Might want to learn Arabic so you fit in better.
>>
>>1261433

Dude, go to Prague and don't even think about it anymore, I just came back from there and it's one of the most beautifull, calm, relaxing places I've ever been, superclean, supernice totally top-notch couple destination and really romantic and stuff
>>
Just got back from Slovenia. Absoloute god tier country. 10/10.
>>
>>1261569
>lyon

I guess you read some guidebooks saying Lyon is the "culinary capital" so now you're the expert. Sure it's famous for its bouchon, but it's a fucking city for industries and uni kids, no one's going there to apprentice.

>>1262470
>SF, NY
and they're on an entirely different continent, how is this relevant?
>food is the new 'haute couture'
lol
keep demonstrating my point. You're an ignorant low class, you hang out with the low classes, and wonder why you couldn't find culture.

This is why this board is such a joke. A bunch of stupid budget traveller kids giving advice. For any topics outside of shithole SEA or Eastern Europe, they're out of their depth.
>>
File: Untitled.png (631KB, 853x594px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
631KB, 853x594px
And a real advice to others, if you're interested in anything remotely "high-brow", follow people from those circles and see where they go what they do, like Hamish Bowles here, or buy a guide designed for such audience, like the Monocle series.

Not to ask teens who discuss fucking HIV-ridden Thai trannies or eating from garbage bins, and expect high quality freebies from them.
>>
>>1263300
> t. tripadvisor
u the fag who made the thread about where to buy a villa?
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>1261433
>Where are 3 to 5 places rich and abundant with art and beauty that the likes of Hannibal Lecter himself would visit?
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.