[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

extreme heat survival guide

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 1

File: ipp-16.png.jpg (23KB, 400x225px) Image search: [Google]
ipp-16.png.jpg
23KB, 400x225px
Do we have anyone here who has worked professionally in the middle east? I am likely taking a job in the region and am still expected to wear slacks or jeans and a button up shirt. What brands do I need to be looking at to minimize my chances of heatstroke? I googled this, but the normie experience seems to top out at 100F and nothing in that ballpark seemed geared towards professionals.

I come from Wyoming for fucks sake.

I don't have a picture that relates to heat stroke.
>>
You have to get used to drinking a lot of water, and don't stand in the fucking sun if you don't have to. If you're feeling dizzy you fucked up. I've lived all over the Sonoran desert. Just don't come out in the middle of the day.
>>
Two of my friends work in Qatar now (yeah....), one in Dubai.
What they do is they barely leave air conditioned places. They always use their cars or cabs, don't just walk outside.
When they go to the beach/hotel pool areas, they stay in the shade.

One of them works 'outside' a lot, which means staying at air conditioned tents.

Keep hydrated.

I hear that now, during Ramadan, the Muslim colleagues keep collapsing. They have a special hidden place where they could drink, but they don't, so they end up in the hospital.
>>
>>1261151

I've worked in the Middle East before.

Chances are you will be indoors for the whole time, Arabic countries dont give a shit about energy consumption, they will happily blast the AC 2/4 on max.

In the rare case you are working outside (maybe as a equipment operator or technician on complex machinery), you can wear what you want most of the time (unless your a businessman doing an inspection).

I ended up wearing Arabic style clothing when working in Saudi Arabia because it really was much better in terms of minimising heat and sunburn when compared to western clothing. I was on the extreme end of the job spectrum in terms of spending time outside in direct heat though (Geologist), so I don't expect you to need to as you wont spend much time outside.
>>
So drink water, enjoy working inside all day which is likely given my occupation. Sounds straightforward enough. Forgive my total ignorance, but will I be able to buy the right clothing when I get there if what I bring just doesn't work for me? I have been told Kuwait is more expat than not, so I would assume so, just not too sure.
>>
past the aforementioned heat survival, is there any anons who have advice on what to do or not do in kuwait? i would love to not be a huge cunt and i am mostly looking to go to my job and come home and watch anime
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.