[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Those shitty websites on skyscanner

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: file.png (4KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
4KB, 200x200px
How many people use them and are they actually worthwhile? Looking at a flight on there and it's £500 cheaper than the airline which obviously seems to good to be true...

I'm looking at emailflights.com and to be fair the bad reviews seem to be from fuckwits who fucked up, and they have an actual office in London so I'm not sure whether to go for it or not.
>>
>>1260749
Skyscanner is like the British Kayak ripoff eh?
>>
File: qjjfocyc1gzy.jpg (41KB, 550x825px) Image search: [Google]
qjjfocyc1gzy.jpg
41KB, 550x825px
I've become a believer in Google flights, just wish it had the flexibility of ita matrix
>>
>>1260749
I've booked with one before, they changed my flight less than a week out leaving me with massive layovers. I asked them cancel and refund the flights, which they eventually did after a few emails, the refund took about a month to come through. I then booked an alternative route using another third party service which i had no problems with.
>>
>>1260749
I did I got excited and made a stupid mistake otherwise it would have been worth it.

I booked a $90 flight on the wrong day. It had absolutely zero customer service at all, they had a belt 100 phone numbers listed for several countries every single one of them was not in service, main line was just a voice message, email just bot me a bought response.

Had I gotten the dates correct it would have saved me some money, however when I bought another flight on the same site it ended up totaling to about how much it would have cost had I gone with a more well-known and reputable booking site in the first place.

I can't even remember what it was called, yes I was so eager to get a good good deal and then so focused on convincing myself that it wasn't a scam that I forgot to check the dates. Site design was complete shit though, but I would use it again to save a few bucks.
>>
>>1260749

I use SkyScanner and Google Flights all the time.

I used a travel agency from SkyScanner on my first flight without any problems. Since then, I just book directly with airlines to avoid any possible hassle.
>>
>>1260749
I booked a flight on the app through exploretrip once. My credit card info was immediately stolen and ran up a ton of charges. They were all resolved but it was a big pain in the ass.
>>
>>1260749
skyscanner is legit. I've been using it for over 10 yeras, though now I prefer momondo

The aggregators you find sometimes have extra charges or the price changes by the time you have to pay, but that's just the shit you have to deal with. They offer discounts with respect to the arline's offer basically because they have 0 customer service. Or you have to pay extra to get any service. Still you can make changes/ get that service from the actual airline after you check in for the first flight.

> Looking at a flight on there and it's £500 cheaper than the airline
you may have been lucky and just caught an error fare. This happens, but if you book it it might get cancelled at any moment (you'll be issued a refund). Still may be worth the risk.

Like, I just bought a 240EUR return flight Amsterdam to Lima over fucking christmas. If it gets cancelled, well fuck that I'll just go somewhere else. If not then FUCK YEAR I GO TO PERU
meanwhile I'm not booking any hotels and not making any further arrangements
>>
>>1260936
>240EUR return flight Amsterdam to Lima
forgot to mention that this is an obvious error fare
>>
>>1260936
Ayy, the Aeromexico thing? I just bought a 144 return trip to El Salvador.
>>
>>1260952
yep that one. I think now they are gone already. I was thinking buying another one, precisely to El Salvador
>>
>>1260790
>I booked a flight on the app through exploretrip once

shiitt i booked a flight on exploretrip last week. my card got blocked for suspicious activity when i tried to book a hostel in seattle, but otherwise, nothing has happened. yet
>>
>>1260749
Fuck yeah CheapOAir!
>>
I've probably used every damn one of those shitty websites, and I've never had a bad experience. I expect they make money by charging bullshit fees if you want to cancel or reschedule your flight...which you could probably avoid by contacting the airline directly.
The only real downside is the airlines give these sites their shittiest seats in the back of the flight. Plus airline computers use how much you've paid as a basis for how likely you are to get bumped off in the event of overbooking.
>>
Google Flights is the only patrician option
>>
>>1261593
Google flights to search dates -> momondo for booking
>>
Tell me more about this Momondo
>>
I once had a booking not actually go through despite payment from some sketch booker. Forget if I found through Skyscanner or Google Flights. Since then I try to just use Expedia even if it's a bit more expensive.
>>
>>1261589
>The only real downside is the airlines give these sites their shittiest seats in the back of the flight.

That's what i think too.

I guess i lucked out this time, i got seats close to the front on two flights.

JFK to SEA $157 + $25 baggage fee, not too bad all things considered. Plane seats were complete shit though.
>>
clear your cookies before you search...the airlines will raise the prices if you've searched once before
>>
>>1263357
No. That's a myth.
>>
Why no kayak? I've used it a ton with great results.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.