[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Prague, 4 days

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: CZEC0001.gif (3KB, 388x260px) Image search: [Google]
CZEC0001.gif
3KB, 388x260px
I'm going to Prague for a four day trip with a friend, apart from tasting the Czech beer and going to the mandatory sightseeing, what should we check out?

Active programs are fine, we can't dance for shit so nightlife-wise we would prefer bars and the likes. We would like to avoid the baths and saunas.
>>
>>1260551
the old centre is beautiful as it is. I always tell people that the best they could do is just wander around, get lost in the streets of the old town and eventually just settle down in a nice pub (or by the river if it aint too cold outside). As simple as it sounds, you would be suprised how pleasant an experience can it be.
pro tip: rent a pedal boat on the river and crack some beers while on it
>>
>>1260551
Definitely hike up Petrin Hill to go to the top of the observation tower there. It's a great walk so don't take the gondola.
The marionette theatre is amazing. I saw Don Giovanni there and not only was the performance on-point but it was really funny. Seriously worth considering even if you don't like opera.
Go to one of the medieval taverns for supper on one of the nights. They're pretty expensive but the entertainment alone is worth it. (Pirates fought on top of the tables, half-nude fire-dancers practically sat on me, and the music was great.)
>>
>>1260742
>Petřín Hill
This. Loved this place as a kid. I used to love going to the observation tower and mirror maze on the top, brings back tons of good memories. We would then hike down the hill towards the city where we would get something to eat.

I also have to second walking through the old city and discovering it on your own. The architecture is beautiful and finding a nice pub to sit down after a while feels really good. Just be aware that there are a lot of tourist traps unfortunately as this city is unfortunately a victim of excessive tourism.

Another thing you should do, if you want to do something original and if you have the time to do it, is to go one day in the Czech countryside and check out one of the many castles in the country. Personally, I'd recommend Trosky and the Český ráj. The landscapes are gorgeous and there aren't that many tourists. Dunno about the language barrier since I'm Czech but there might be a language barrier if that's a problem.
>>
I'll also be in Prague for a few days next month. I've heard that Prague Castle is a waste time, as well as the bridges. Throngs of people to try and move through. There's a youtuber guy that seems sincere about his home city, Honest Guides - Prague. Check him out.
>>
I'm going as well.
Where can I eat some good local cuisine/snacks or some good local beer?
Also are there any good electronic stores or accessories stores at modest prices?
We're like 10 mins from Wenceslas Square.
>>
>>1262382
Also what do you recommend from local cuisine/snacks?
>>
Is the "silver tiger" any good?
>>
>>1262383
I would say "Kürtös kalács", since I'm a based Hungarian.
>>
>>1262065
It's not a waste of time if you're interested in history and culture, but you're going to be there in absolute peak tourist season so if you do go, go early and be prepared for security checks. You can get tickets and go through the security scans before the Cathedral and other sites open up in the morning.
>>
not op but does anyone know of good clubs in prague?
>>
>>1260551
Just started working, in 12-15 months I plan on moving to Praha permanently. I'll have an income source and an initial budget of $1200-$1500 USD/month. What are the best decent neighbourhoods to rent an apartment in? Preferably not too far from anything but also not too expensive ($400-$800 a month ).

Is living there possible on $1200-$1500 a month? Assuming I'll be renting long term and buying food from grocery stores?
>>
>>1263923
It absolutely is, normal 2 bedroom app. is approx. 600$ in a good area ( good districts are Vrsovice, Zizkov, Holesovice, Letna, Kosire etc. as there is a lot stuff going on there, and they are rather cheap, esp. Letna and Vrsovice are glooming now) as of food you can go with 250$ for a month with no problem, overall I'd say that with 1k$/month you're good, plus if you can find roomates, that will save you a bunch, there are sites for foreigners on FB, so it's not hard to find some
>>
>>1264261
Thanks for all the advice, I really appreciate it! I don't want to room as my income source will involve large amounts of cash on me/in my home so id rather not deal with paranoia and front the extra cash instead.
>>
>>1263900
cross club is a amazing place to go
>>
I have literally zero knowledge of the Czech language. Will I have a hard time there?
>>
>>1264617
Ahoy = thanks
Dzienkuye =hello
Spasibo = yes
Suka = no

That's about all you need
>>
>>1264690
>suka = no
lol yeah, say that and get your fucking ass beat
>>
>>1264690
Kek
>>
>>1264690
lol

Ahoy - is hello, just like pirates say it
Dzienkuye - is thanks, similar to the German Danki

Don't call any one a bitch - Suka

PotchKi - means hold up/wait/slow down

Ya Je Shmalya - Scream that at the top of your lungs whenever anything goes wrong
>>
>>1264372
Cheers, will check it out when I go in August
>>
>>1265573
>Dzienkuye - is thanks, similar to the German Danki
And it's Polish, not Czech

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EeSzLG6Odws
>>
File: 1404502156449.png (265KB, 456x366px)
1404502156449.png
265KB, 456x366px
>>1266275
>Dick
>Wee
Thankyou, this is a useful video. I had trouble pronouncing some Czech words on my last trip.
>>
Not op but also going to Prague around Sept-October for a week more or less, would be happy if you guys helped me out and answer some questions, long time lurker and this is actually going to be my first time travelling abroad so kind of nervous and excited, I'll be going with my gf.
How much days is ideally enough for Prague? I'd rather have things a bit spaced out and chill instead of cramming all the sightseeing to a few days.
Also is October cold? I'm used to hot summers and not very cold winters in my country.
Actually it would be great if someone can recommend me a itinerary, not really into clubs and nightlife, and without overly adventurous treks, just Prague, thanks!
>>
>>1264617
It depends mate. Most of the young people here speak SOME English, so they might understand. Many of them speak good English. But don't bother speaking older people as they most likely won't know a single word in English.
>>
>>1266468
it depends, it might be warm, but expect temp. around 10-15°C, I'd say that 4-6 days is more than enough if you don't want to hurry. I my opinion, you can do Prague in to days and see everything worth seeing...
>>
File: CNV00018.jpg (628KB, 1840x1232px) Image search: [Google]
CNV00018.jpg
628KB, 1840x1232px
>>1262065
>>1260551
>>1266468
If you can wake up early, getting to the bridge 6am - 9am is great, nice and quiet and you can take a walk along it and find some nice cafes nearby for breakfast.

I went around October last year and it was around 10c most of the time. Quite cold at night, but nothing too unpleasant. There was a fair amount of rain too so prepare for that if you can.

The zoo is also about 4 euros for entry, if you're into that kind of thing it can be a cool place to take someone. It's the biggest zoo I can remember visiting, polar bears and hippos are fun to see.

The Jewish Graveyard is pretty, but it's the most expensive museum I visited in Prague (20 euros entry), compared to 5 euros everywhere else. The Klementium library is pretty too but there's only really a couple of rooms and you are behind a rope at all times. You have to pay extra to take pictures there too. Pic related I took nearby, it's somewhere by the hunger wall. The tram around the stops by the Commuinst memorial and Hunger Wall goes through several buildings and bridges, it's the prettiest part of the tramline in the whole city from what I can remember if you want to take in some scenery.

The food and drink in Prague is a pretty great price, at least from a British person's perspective. Check out Pizza Capretto if you want to take a date anywhere, the wine and beer is very cheap and the food was great too.
>>
>>1267623
>>1267641
Thank you for the suggestions!
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.