[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

LONDON AND PARIS FOOD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: chickenbrushetta-338x263.png (283KB, 338x263px) Image search: [Google]
chickenbrushetta-338x263.png
283KB, 338x263px
Going to London and Paris this july

Is there any low budget resto that you can recommend?

Hard level: preferebly a place that is not at the periphery of the cities

Thanks for advance
>>
I'm going to London too. Is it true that English food is bland as hell?
>>
How low is the budget? When I was in London we were dining every day at the pub next to our hotel, called The Goose Walthamstow. There's a special offer every day, main dish (enormous) + beer for 5-6 pounds or so. They also had delicious english breakfast for 2-3 £
>>
Fancy option- try Brasserie Zedel, it's bang in the centre of town, looks terrifically grand, and is pretty cheap. On the outside it looks like a tiny shit cafe, go downstairs and it's a massive dininghall shitfuck really good. The food is cheap as well (about a tenner for a good meal) decent fish and chips or chopped steak (French style food funnily enough).

FYI, there is a cheap restaurant/pub chain called Weatherspoons which offers good value food. It's not brilliant by any means, but it's cheap and get's the job done- and they're abundant all over the country- it's a fallback / goto. My recommendation in the centre is Posini's Café just off Oxford street. These type of 'immigrant' run places are still abundant outside of the centre, but they're slowly dying in favour of coffee places. My opinion: you can't beat the variety and flavour, but it's a bit greasy.

>>1260494

Probably, it's quite greasy and brown. I don't think it's too bad, but I'm British, so I know roughly what to order and where. A lot of people visiting London (that I've met) tend to just walk in anywhere and get fish and chips. Supposedly, it's quite different coming from a traditional shop on the coast than from a chain restaurant in London- but there's so much good non-English food in London that it's not a big deal.
>>
>>1260569
>>1260525

Thanks. Unfortunely it seems that Posini's Cafe is already closed

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurant_Review-g186338-d2039339-Reviews-Posini_s_Restaurant-London_England.html
>>
>>1260494
> I'm going to London too. Is it true that English food is bland as hell?

English food being bland or not is irrelevant in the capital. In London you can get food to suit almost any taste. Want Brazilian/Japanese fusion food? Sorted.
Want 100% vegan Mexican food? Easy.

If you are on a really tight budget, supermarkets selling sandwiches to go are plentiful.

Coffee shops selling paninis/soups etc are everywhere to the point of being practically a nuisance.

If you want cheap crappy "British" food, try Wetherspoons.

Look up street food markets for variety if not cost effectiveness.

Bear in mind that in London the "outskirts" of the city might be a good hour away. From the centre, travelling
20 minutes in any direction is still going to leave you pretty much central.
>>
>>1260576
Truth.
Every captual city in the western world has many options also. Don't fall for that 'X country has no variety' meme.
>>
>>1260478
Cafe Monaco in central London for a good French set menu.
Silk Road in Camberwell for good, authentic Chinese.
Saravannah Bhavan for inexpensive South Indian. Or Diwana in Euston.
Tayyabs in Whitechapel for good North Indian - don't eat in the Indians on Brick Lane, they're traps.
There's decent Caribbean in most areas.
And you should check out Portobello Rd.
>>
>>1261222
Also Eat Tokyo has a few good restaurants.
Maybe a salt beef bagel on Brick Lane?
>>
>>1261223
>salt beef bagel on Brick Lane
Fucking beautiful. (From either of the two neighbouring shops, they're the same.)
>>
>>1261555
na the white shop is better
>>
>>1261676
Don't be racist please anon. :^)
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.