[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Alberta, Canada

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: rocky-mountain-high.jpg (299KB, 1900x700px) Image search: [Google]
rocky-mountain-high.jpg
299KB, 1900x700px
Hey /trv/,
I've been abroad for two years and am returning to Canada this summer for about 2 months. I'll be staying in Edmonton with some family and will probably have a lot of spare time. I'm interested in going hunting (never been, never shot a gun), canoeing or kayaking, and other basic stuff. Any other suggestions for Edmonton or Alberta in general?
>>
I'm from Edmonton, coincidentally I'm heading overseas for the summer. It's been awhile since I've been to the mountains but I can recommend some things to do in the city if you want.
>>
I'm a bong, but I spent a few months in Alberta and loved it. For outdoor activities, I don't think there's anywhere better.

The most well-known national park is probably Banff, which has the famous Lake Louise. Both Lake Louise itself and Banff are very fun and you can easily spend lots of time there hiking, mountain-biking, canoeing, horseback riding, etc, if I had to have one criticism it would be that it is a little bit touristy. In contrast, Jasper National Park is closer to Edmonton and, in my opinion, even better than Banff. Just as many beautiful lakes and mountains, but with not quite so many tourists and feels a bit more authentic. That said, I went to Banff in the middle of the summer and the tourists weren't overwhelming at all. I'd recommend going to both, and also taking in the beautiful Icefields Parkway, which is the road that links the two parks, but also a national park in its own right.

Aside from that, there's also loads of smaller provincial parks that are also well worth visiting. Pic related is at the Berg Lake trail at the foot of Mt Robson, on the border of BC near Yoho. I spent most of my time in the north of the province, and Willmore Wilderness Park is very nice too. I'm sure there are many others too.

Will any of your family take you hunting? Luckily I had a friend over there who was really really into his outdoor activities so I could just tag onto whatever he was doing - it might be more difficult if you don't know anyone.
>>
File: DSC_0467.jpg (2MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0467.jpg
2MB, 3840x2160px
>>1260212
Forgot pic
>>
>>1260193
Go to the porcupine hills outside of calgary if you want to try hunting, it's really nice territory and just beautiful in general. Crowsnest pass is good too. The cowboy trail is one of the nicest drives in the country.

There are a few really nice trails through the Valley in Edmonton but besides that you'll have to drive to Jasper/Banff/the South if you want nice outdoorsy stuff.
>>
>>1260203
Yes please!
>>
>>1260212
Thanks for the great information! I was in Banff twice in high-school and loved it - honestly one of the most beautiful places I've ever visited.

I have a cousin in B.C. who hunts white-tail and my brother-in-law's father hunts whatever he can over in Ontario, but no one in Alberta.
>>
>>1260252
Thanks for the tips. I'll check those places when we drive west.
>>
>>1260193
Fuck it's hard to believe there are people who have never experienced shooting a gun

Honesly hunting is one of my favorite things to do, but a problem is that you would need to hire someone who knows what the fuck they are doing, like something as "simple" as rabbit hunting takes knowing the area and what bushes to rustle

So my bit of advice is to hire a guide
>>
>>1260325
I meant to type out a small guide this morning and now I'm drunk haha. I'll come back to this thread tomorrow morning.
>>
>>1260339
Thanks mate. To clarify I've shot a gun but not legally and I really know jack-shit. I like shooting bows though.
>>
>>1260488
No worries! I'd really appreciate it when you have the time.
>>
>>1260203
lmao in Edmonton?? commit suicide is about all I can think of. Maybe fentanyl first.
>>
>>1260193
edmonton sucks pure, unfiltered ass and the surrounding landscape is the opposite of your pick related. almost entirely flat with a slight river valley that they hype WAY too hard to make up for how terrible their natural beauty is.

you are 100% going to have to drive for a while to get somewhere nice.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.