[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /trv/, I'm heading to Spain and Southern France for 7

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 4

File: Southern France.jpg (216KB, 750x408px) Image search: [Google]
Southern France.jpg
216KB, 750x408px
Hi /trv/, I'm heading to Spain and Southern France for 7 to 10 days in July. I'll be travelling from Madrid to Barcelona, and then on to Southern France. I've never been to Southern France before (only done the Versailles/Paris 3 day tourist blitz), so what is the best use of 3-7 days Southern France?

I'm a big fan of Cathedrals & grand late medieval/early renaissance architecture. and I'll be staying on a relative generous budget of 100-200 euros a day.

For instance, is the market at carpentras worth a visit?
>>
As I've noticed that age/occupation has helped other anons provide advice is other threads, I'm a 23 year old American with limited French language capabilities (reading a train schedule yes, having a compelling conversation no,) who will be traveling alone.
>>
The castle at Foix is pretty epic. I've only been there in winter so I bet the hardwood forests will be beautiful in July.
There's a billion castles in the area of course, that's just the one I happen to have been to.
>>
>>1259839
Toulouse (Saint-Sernin, Jacobins church), Albi, Moissac and Conques are amazing if you like medieval art and architecture.
>>
>>1259839
Oh and if you don't mind going further east (you mention Carpentras), Avignon and Arles are amazing. Any market in summer will be worth a visit, but it will be packed with tons of people.
>>
>>1259839
Where will you be in southern France ? The south-west is very different from the south-east, I live somewhere in between and there are many, many things to see so it would help to know around where you'll be
If south-west then this Anon >>1259913 is right
>>
File: Château de Quéribus (Aude).jpg (816KB, 2000x1333px) Image search: [Google]
Château de Quéribus (Aude).jpg
816KB, 2000x1333px
>>1259839
Check out the so called Cathar castles Anon
http://www.audetourisme.com/en/discover-aude/history-and-heritage/the-castels-of-the-cathar-country.php
>>
>>1259992
http://www.cathar.info/cathar_castles.htm
>>
>>1259839
I recommend Nimes where they have a Roman amphitheater - it's worth a visit.

In Orange (the city) they have a well preserved Roman theater.
>>
File: Arènes d'Arles 1.jpg (314KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
Arènes d'Arles 1.jpg
314KB, 1280x960px
>>1260360
There are Roman arenas in Arles as well
>>
File: Pont-du-Gard.jpg (3MB, 1698x1131px) Image search: [Google]
Pont-du-Gard.jpg
3MB, 1698x1131px
>>1260360
>>1260657

And the Pont du Gard near Nîmes is the highest Roman aqueduct still standing
>>
>>1259839
If you have the chance stop in Aix-en-Provence in France. It's like the quieter, nicer, still-pretty offspring of Toulouse and Nice.
>>
>>1260657
Yes, they have. I found the audioguide in Arène de Nimes quite good though - not sure they have that in Arles.

In Arles I recommend to visit the Musée de l'Arles Antique
>>
CANNED SANGRIA
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.