[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm Irish and I spent a year traveling the US —

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

here are the 17 things that surprised me about day to day life

http://www.businessinsider.com/17-cultural-clashes-this-european-had-in-america-2017-6
>>
>>1259668
How do we know this is you? It's probably not, but it's true, and all the points are valid and obvious
>>
>>1259668
Why specifically 17?
Was there no 18th observation? Is your imagination that limited?
>>
File: birth of steam.png (628KB, 520x668px) Image search: [Google]
birth of steam.png
628KB, 520x668px
>>1259668
>I personally don't like Apple products (I find the operating system too restrictive)

Guy is obviously a /g/entooman
>>
>>1259668
I've grown to accept and like America for those 17 reasons. The idea of American exceptionalism is very big in me, because geopolitically, it's a fact.
>>
>>1259779
not him but I once talked to an editor in Chief of a big national newspaper and he told me with listicles, odd numbers work a lot better than even numbers. Maybe they appear more "unfinished" and prompt users to click more likely idk
>>
>>1259668
i like how you avoid all stereotypes
>>
>>1259668
>not providing a archive link
>not posting the article here

Fuck off marketing fag, advertise your stuff somewhere else.
For anyone tempted to read his garbage:
https://archive.fo/ew7pY
>>
>>1259668
Swiss who goes to America a lot for business here. Pretty shit article, m8. When you're not being petty you're just being an unoriginal cunt beating dead horses (OMG tipping!). America is a very big complex and has many good and bad points. You wasted an opportunity by being only naggy and negative. (also quickly tacking on some shit about conventions and your friends isn't remedy).

1. I don't disagree with this one. The biggest thing is that Americans don't get self deprecating humor very much. It's very much chin up, bootstraps kind of mindset. They'll say like "you shouldn't say that" if you

2. Aussies say "cunt" every word, what's your point. And most Americans will answer "fine, thanks".

3. Overblown. Idk I think A lot of American shop staff and stuff are very bored and rude. I don't see everyone walking around smiling all the time.

4. Yeah we get it. Thanks for the revelation.

5. An annoyance, but are you really that triggered by your tube of toothpaste being a few cents more at the register?

6. Idk I guess this is true. One thing I noticed about American advertising: Good god there are a lot of ads for pharmaceuticals.

7. Europe is just as consumerist when it comes to phones and shit.

8. True but I think other countries are more ignorant than they like to think.

9. I haven't really encountered the heritage meme. Maybe only on St. Patrick's Day.

10. 21 is fine. When you're 21 you're glad there are 18 year olds running around bars. There are also studies about brain development that say this is a decent idea. And 16 year olds can drive because of how necessary the automobile is in America.

11. When do you actually encounter these people? Do you walk in Joel Osteen's service or something. This point sounds like it was made based only on cliche and vague perception.

>downtown Chicago
>couldn't find anywhere to eat

13. Agree

14. Same as any big city anywhere in muh Europe.

15. Not just an American problem.

16. Agree

17. Cuck.
>>
File: LP Poland REEEEEEE.jpg (106KB, 754x361px) Image search: [Google]
LP Poland REEEEEEE.jpg
106KB, 754x361px
>>1259865
>odd numbers work a lot better than even numbers
I've seen this shit in Lonely Planet guides. Fucking triggered me and I'm the least autistic person I know.
>>
>>1259860
That was 100% true at certain times in the past, and it still, mostly is, today.

I wouldn't get too attached to any idea though, especially that one, because if you internalize concepts like that the future is likely to break you.
>>
>>1259947
Businessinsider is buzzfeed/click bait tier writing. Only plebs take that site seriously.
>>
>" Fast food is something we have all around the world now but even in a posh sit-down restaurant your food will usually come out in less than five minutes after ordering"

idk where you visited but I don't think it was America m8
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.