[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT countries I didn't even know exist but should >tfw

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_2772.jpg (227KB, 1440x564px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2772.jpg
227KB, 1440x564px
ITT countries I didn't even know exist but should
>tfw I'm 21 and I "find out" about a legitimate country
>tfw t. burger
>pic related; Myanmar
>>
>>1259372
>Suriname
>>
>>1259387
Malta.

I knew it existed, ran into it a bit in history class, but I'd more or less forgotten it still existed and the extent of it's historical quarters.
>>
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transnistria
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andorra
>>
>>1259372
Gagausia
Somaliland
>>
Are you all retarded?
>>
Nauru
>>
>>1259372
You probably grew up with it being called Burma
>>
>>1259372
American Somoa
Sealand
>>
I discovered Aruba was an island in the Caribbean and that was the reason server room ads featured beaches
>>
>>1259488
>American Somoa

(a) That's not a country and (b) It's spelled "Samoa."

>>1259432
>Are you all retarded?

I think the answer is "yes," don't you?
>>
Not a country but I found out about micronesia a few months ago and i want to visit it.
>>
>>1259502
>Not a country but I found out about micronesia

The FSM -- The Federated States of Micronesia -- is a country. It's worth visiting, especially if you're into isolation and/or scuba diving. I've been to most of the major islands, so AMA I suppose.
>>
>>1259431
>Somaliland
Sounds like some sort of /pol/ term for Sweden.
>>
Finland
>>
>>1259512
It's a bit of Somalia that's under control and not a Mad Max-esque wasteland. Ironically Somalia is recognized as a country while it doesn't even have a government but Somaliland is not.
>>
>>1259372
Doesn't happen to me, I think I've heard about pretty much every country with the amount of time I spend looking at maps
But it happens with places in my country, sometimes I hear about a "département" (kind of county) and will have to check if it's a thing
>>
>>1259526
There's been a functioning government for some years even though there's ongoing conflict; there was a presidential election earlier in the year. It's not a place for /trv/ to go backpacking or ESL teaching, but nor is it Black Hawk Down.
>>
Saychelle Islands .. best place on Earth
>>
>>1259372
Andora. The weirdest thing is, I had extended geography in high school and spent quite some time learning political maps and I could just swear this thing never existed before I just randomly looked at the map one day and noticed it. It's almost a Mandela Effect thing of mine
>>
>>1259372
Bhutan, such a small nice country located in between a couple shitholes, very nice scenery and nice people who suprisingly speak English very good
>>
>>1259605
>mandela effect.

no I knew it since 5. grade. You are just American educated.
>>
I didn't hear about the following countries until recently:
>Andorra
>Seychelles
>Maldives
>Lesotho
>Bhutan
>Angola
I only learned about Lesotho because I wondered why there was a piece of land inside of South Africa that isn't considered South Africa.

Technically countries, at least on geography quizzes:
>San Marino
>Vatican City
>Monaco

Not a country, but notable:
>Macau
When you hear about non-mainland parts of China, it's usually Hong Kong or Taiwan. I never knew about Macau until a few people mentioned it in Hong Kong discussions (a boat ride to Macau appears quite often on "things to do in Hong Kong" lists).
>>
I didn't know that Congo was two different countries (Republic of the Congo, and Democratic Republic of the Congo). And while I did know about the Czech Republic, I didn't know that it can also be called Czechia.
>>
I never heard of Bahrain, as a kid.
>>
>>1259372

If it makes you feel any better, I'm 27 and I still on rare occasion hear about a country that's new to me. It's kind of a mildly mortifying moment, but it's best to think of it as an opportunity to learn.
>>
>>1259395
Malta is fucking amazing
>>
>>1259372
- Mauritius
- France (Réunion)
- Palau (for the jellyfish)
>>
>>1259511
What is there to do that didn't involve nature?
>>
>>1259759
I used to think it was a city in Saudi Arabia.

For that matter, I thought Kuwait was a city in Iraq.
>>
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mount_Athos
>>
>>1260145
>I thought Kuwait was a city in Iraq
Well, it almost was.
>>
>>1259372
Sealand
>>
>>1260145
Kuwait is the 19th province of iraq son get your shit right
>>
>>1259759

I was stationed in Bahrain when I was in the Navy. Not a bad place, just boring as shit and has overpriced booze. The Arab Spring spiced things up a bit
>>
>>1259395
This so much. Malta is beautiful
>>
>>1260145
>I used to think it was a city in Saudi Arabia

To be honest, it basically is, in many ways
>>
Liechtenstein
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.