[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /trv/! How is the drinking culture in asian countries (particulariy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 9733-1-1329296924.jpg (372KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
9733-1-1329296924.jpg
372KB, 1280x1024px
Hey /trv/!

How is the drinking culture in asian countries (particulariy Japan and China) like?
Can I (as a white european) just stand next to a hiking trail and offer people to share a bottle of mead with me?

Or is this in appropriate?
>>
>>1259224
>How is the drinking culture in asian countries (particulariy Japan and China) like?

Stupidly low tolerance but many many people drink, it isn't suprising to have some do 2 beers and be toasted. They can also get stupidly loud when drinking something that rivals anything I have seen at most pubs/bars.

>Can I (as a white european) just stand next to a hiking trail and offer people to share a bottle of mead with me?

Most also wouldn't just accept booze from a stranger unless they were clearly an alcoholic. They'd also probably tell you to go away or alert someone to tell you to go away.

>Or is this in appropriate?

You'd just get strange looks and probably people telling you to go away.

Asian culture is stupidly different from your own
>>
>>1259224
>Can I (as a white european) just stand next to a hiking trail and offer people to share a bottle of mead with me?
You mean offer drinks to strangers and random people hiking? Nobody does this anywhere, not even Europe. People are going to think you're a creep who's trying to give them a spiked drink.
>>
>>1259224
>Stupidly low tolerance
It's genetically linked missing metabolism abilities, enzyme or something is wrong. That red face flushing is one sign.

Sharing mead? Ehh. I'm sure a more finicky person would like something sealed and just for themselves. You could be a serial killer for all they know. Public drunkenness is taboo in many cultures. It's not like you're all sitting down to a campfire and dining together and the sharing is offered both ways. You come across a little weird.
>>
>>1259263
>>1259227
Note that not everyone carries that gene. Some, or most, can still drink just as much you presumably can.
>>
>>1259263
That's one part of it, another is how light and small asians are. The 1 pint a 5'10-6'1 person who has ample meat/fat is not the same for someone under 5'7'' who is very lean. Body weight has a lot to do with it as well as the ABV of most asian drinks is 5% or below IIRC
>>
Where the hell is it appropriate to hang around offering booze to strangers passing by?
>>
>>1259224
>Or is this in appropriate?
I know this isn't getting a good reception in this thread, but it isn't the worst idea I've ever heard. I have hiked certain places where people will offer you food and tea as you pass by and just chat, but just booze is going to weird people out and this isn't a common thing on most hiking trails. You'd have a better chance setting up a barbeque and offering food with booze just incidentally.

That said, you're white. White people do not have a reputation of being criminals, and the fact that you're just being a weirdo in the mountains will be overlooked as you just being a sheltered foreigner. This alone might entice some people to drink with you, if only just to experience what they assume to be some exotic cultural experience.
>>
>>1259499
Concerts/parties/national or local holidays
>>
>>1259224

Even in Europe people would be creeped out by that
>>
>>1259626
It's weird without context, even with an introduction I would feel weird depending on the circumstances.

I've gone to strip clubs and smoked weed/shared drink with total strangers, but I've talked for them at least a bit before to gauge my social comfort with them. Might eventually get raped/dismembered by a sociopath, but c'est la vie.
>>
>>1259631
>I've gone to strip clubs and smoked weed/shared drink with total strangers

I'd say that's fair for most bar nights, but the way OP described it sounded beyond creepy
>>
>>1259224

I'm from the United States and I'd never accept alcohol from a stranger along the side of a hiking trail.

Who does that?

First of all, nobody knows you or your intentions. Second, anybody who's hiking for the sake of hiking would probably prefer to do so sober, assuming the trail is even marginally challenging.

The only place I'd accept a drink from a stranger is the kind of venue where everybody else is passing around booze and doing the same thing.
>>
>>1259695
This, seriously it's as creepy as putting free candy on a van and handing it out.

"Hi fellow traveler's? want some totally NOT spiked refreshments! I guarantee it is also germ free! don't mind I am asking this in the woods where no one is around!"
>>
>>1259259
>>
File: 2154898556.jpg (57KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
2154898556.jpg
57KB, 567x561px
>>1259224
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.