[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Across Africa On Foot. Am I insane or is there a chance this

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 124123645725345.jpg (110KB, 1024x413px) Image search: [Google]
124123645725345.jpg
110KB, 1024x413px
Across Africa On Foot.

Am I insane or is there a chance this could work?

Sierra Leone -> Pretoria SA

Try and travel through wildrerness and avoid populated areas as much as possible.
See the beautiful side of Africa and the contrast of the how man ruined it and drenched it in his filth.
>>
>>1258898

You can try but unlikely.

People here have no idea how hard it is to travel in Africa, from security to bureaucracy to infrastructure to healthcare.

It can be done, but not without serious risks.
>>
You'll actually die and I'm unironically saying this

Temp fluctuations are severe in the plains, and then you have to worry about the wildlife. Towns are stretched thin and often don't even have shops to stock up on supplies. If you get sick forget about medical care. Visas are a pain in the ass and border guards will almost always try to extort you. And then one of the biggest factors is dodging the natives trying to rob and murder you just for being white.

99.99999% chance of something going seriously wrong.
>>
I seem to remember a couple of Frenchmen walking from Cape Town to Cairo. They had a camera crew so that probably helped.
>>
>>1258977

I don't think they walked the whole way.

Also they had to fly over South Sudan, they gave it a shot and followed the Nile up to one of the northern most downs but went back because of heavy fighting and mortar fire closing in on the town.

Also one of their crew died on camera due to heat stroke in either rural Uganda or South Sudan.
>>
No reason you couldn't, OP, but it would take many years. Why not bike or hitchhike?
The Angola visa might be your biggest problem.

>>1258935
I don't think you have ever been to Africa in your life.
>>
File: 201302011145580202.jpg (1MB, 4200x2655px) Image search: [Google]
201302011145580202.jpg
1MB, 4200x2655px
>>1258935
Obviously you need to be well prepared to travel in Africa no doubt but you are required to get vaccinations for absolutely every disease possible before even being allowed to apply for a visa. Corruption really is an annoying factor to deal with certainly but even in the most corrupt places there are enough tricks you can do to get passed these messed up cops.
>one of the biggest factors is dodging the natives trying to rob and murder you just for being white.
Some countries are different than others and I would never set foot in a country with a especially muslim terrorist group anywhere close. But what I know from people I have met who have been to Africa, friends who are African themselves and from what I have read about it the population in most countries are very welocming to foreigners especially in areas where hardly ever any are seen they will go out of their way to make it mroe comfortable for you.
>>
>>1258898
it is all about the route. In the past quite some adventurers have travelled the vertical route from the Nordkapp to the Cape of Good Hope. Some start in Kairo, it is more popular. You will find books of previous travellers.

With that said, there are some hot spots in Africa you want to avoid. There are old ones like Somalia and Darfur, and new ones like Nigeria (Boko haram) and south Sudan (civil war).

So what route in particular did you have in mind?
>>
i know a guy who backpacked from Cape Town to Cairo. he wasn't "on foot" though, he took trains and stayed in hostels and stuff. still, he did somehow manage to go through the Sudan. he's kind of a legend among our Peace Corps group.

>>1258935
enormous faggot.
>>
>>1258898

have fun dying of malaria and heatstroke, i'm sure the lions will appreciate the snack
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.