[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mexico for a month

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: mexicans.jpg (39KB, 499x449px) Image search: [Google]
mexicans.jpg
39KB, 499x449px
Hey /trv/,

I'm flying to Mexico City on June 26th.

From then until July 21st, I'll have free reign over my time in the country. However, I'm still not sure where to go or what to see.

Some of the suggestions I've gotten in the past include Puebla city, Guadalajara, and the state of Oaxaca.

I'm interested in cultural learning, casual nature excursions, and eating lots of cheap, delicious food. Since I've been single for a year, places with decent nightlife and a handful of English-speaking locals might be worthwhile, too.

Not into hookers or drugs.

Budget is probably $30-$40 per day. I make around $600 per month doing 5-6 hours per week doing some easy and reliable work on my laptop ($1,000 gross, but I have loans and bills to pay).

Any suggestions would be lovely. I'm leaving in less than three weeks and am still sort of at a loss.

Going to try to learn more Spanish, too. Recommendations on that front would be appreciated.

tl;dr - recommend me safe places to go in Mexico with good food, nightlife, and nature, without having to worry too much about getting my laptop jacked. Spanish-language resources for the upcoming weeks would be great, too.
>>
>>1258793

Very substantive, thanks, Anon.
>>
>>1258795

He's not wrong though. Memes aside, Mexico is a dangerous place dude. What makes you think you will be fine wandering around the country as a gringo who doesn't even speak Spanish? Stick to the touristy areas and you will be fine. Put the whole 'real traveler' stick aside and be realistic.
>>
>>1258808

>he's not wrong, though
>he

>two posters in the thread
>me/OP, and you

Holy fucking samefag.

I'm just looking for suggestions on places to go, Anon. Either recommend a few destinations or go away.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1469512912264.jpg (44KB, 480x652px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1469512912264.jpg
44KB, 480x652px
>>1258787
Mexican here.

>>1258787
>Some of the suggestions I've gotten in the past include Puebla city, Guadalajara, and the state of Oaxaca.

Puebla has nothing to offer you besides some good (but not cheap) souvenirs and a few colonial buildings.

Guadalajara and it's sorroundings are way better if you want to explore the authentic Mexico, if you hit GDL and it's sorrounding towns then you are on the craddle of Mariachi, Charreria and Tequila, you dont get more mexican than that.

Also, avoid oaxaca, it's infested with narcos and it's pretty unsafe for a traveller, such a sad thing because the cuisine of that state is really good.
>>
>>1259007
Puebla is beautiful though. It's colonial-beatiful - nothing pre-columbian there, but still. Also nearby is Cholula there's some indigenous stuff there.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.