[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does a tourist actually get to Antarctica.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: 161229-antarctic-feature.jpg (348KB, 2000x1331px) Image search: [Google]
161229-antarctic-feature.jpg
348KB, 2000x1331px
How does a tourist actually get to Antarctica.
>>
>>1258052
>How does a tourist actually get to Antarctica.
$$$$$
You take a cruise, which after it crosses the Drake Passage (vomit passage) circumnavigates the Antarctica peninsula for wildlife and glacier watching, and finally you'll zodiac it over to walk on it. That's about it. It's very expensive for good reason. You'll likely be on a boat with a couple sciencey types who are good company, wealthy retired couples esp sailing enthusiasts, and photographers.
http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1327

There's a few extra things you can do, like overnight at a base for $13k, for the night. Yea, bucket list only.
http://www.cruisecritic.com/articles.cfm?ID=1722
>>
>>1258055
Not-OP/different Anon here.

Based on the limited research I've done, and the very rough calculations, the cost of a trip to Antarctica is very similar to a trip to Bhutan.

To me, the cruise & the walk-around would be more than worth it to me. Just being able to step foot on Antarctica & seeing some penguins is more than enough for me.
>>
Can you actually hike to the south pole?
>>
>>1258090
> seeing some penguins
you know you don't have to go to Antractica to see penguins in the wild, right?
>>
To see the (((South Pole))), you need to navigate around a vast flotilla of United nations patrol vessels. You will not make it that far. Aerial surveillance will almost certainly send to the depths whatever ship you use to try and slip through. They usually do it before you can even see the blockade.
>>
File: penguin distribution.jpg (284KB, 599x641px) Image search: [Google]
penguin distribution.jpg
284KB, 599x641px
>>1258164
>you know you don't have to go to Antractica to see penguins in the wild, right?
It's the only place to see Emperor penguins though, and the only place to see them all!
>>
>>1258240
This. My Antarctic expedition, funded by a reclusive billionaire who insists on remaining anonymous for fear of reprisals from (((them))), was within 10 miles of what is commonly referred to as the "South Pole", which iron pilled terranauts know to be a gateway to hidden subterranean realms of the Great Old Ones, when we were set upon by a fleet of (((Black Helicopters))). We were forced to turn back and phone my mom from Mawson station.

4/10 do not recommend
>>
>>1258152
Yes, it would just be almost unbearable cold unless you go during late December then it is just miserably cold, and hiking to the South Pole would take a while
>>
>>1258268
Don't listen to this guy. You can walk to the south pole, just as you can reach the top of K2. Each task requires decades of experience in the conditions and lots of hurdles.

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-35398552
>>
>>1258262
>the only place to see them all!

Your own image puts the lie to that.
You aren't going to see Humboldt penguins or Little Blue penguins in Antarctica.
>>
File: 1495571175541.jpg (35KB, 480x480px) Image search: [Google]
1495571175541.jpg
35KB, 480x480px
>>1258266
Kek
>>
>>1258152
Not without a lot of gear, money, planning, and support. The journey is really long and you can't exactly call triple-A if you happen to have a problem. If you meant physically, then it's not really a problem since the majority of Antarctica is very flat.
>>
>>1258462
>>1258268
I was just asking if it was permitted to go there or you need some paperwork. Anyway thanks for the answers.
>>
File: 1488917338190.png (106KB, 337x225px) Image search: [Google]
1488917338190.png
106KB, 337x225px
>>1258240
>>1258266
>the goyim know

SHUT IT DOWN
>>
Do Antarctican girls like White guys? I'm 5'9" and I guess a 6/10 face. How easy will it be for me to get laid in Antarctica?
>>
Qantas runs flights over Antartica just for that reason. They don't land or anything, but I have a friend who did it and he took some nice pics.
>>
how do I join the Antarctic Yakuza?
>>
>>1258579
I don't think so, Antarctic girls are pretty cold xd
>>
>>1258052
Just got back last week. Trip was great. Fucked like ten Staceys, swam with penguins, skied a glacier...fun times. I took my private jet. Maybe one day if you're a better person you'll be able to afford this lifestyle.
>>
>>1258052
Any good hostels at the South Pole?

I hear climacunts and scifags don't like to host travelers.
>>
>>1258672
There are, but they're full of drunk Aussies. Don't go to the South Pole just for drunken "banter" and to fugg some passed out 2/10 Aussie slut. Go for the local culture and pristine beaches - before it's all wiped out by those illiterate Contiki tour bozos and the place is just full of penguin erotic massage parlors and McDonald's.
>>
>>1258759
>implying Antfartica isn't already ruined
>>
>>1258652
kekd
>>
>>1258759
Did you even try those penguin erotic massage parlors? I don't know why they have a bad reputation, they're kept clean and tidy, and the service mentality of the penguins in them is top-notch.
>>
>>1258780
LOL, I don't have to pay for affection. I mean, I was pulling a local 9/10 times that I went out partying, and nothing lower than a 7. I had like 30 tinder matches in my first 24 hours of arriving at the South Pole. This one chick took me back to see her rookery in Argentine Antarctic Territory. I was like the only white guy there.
>>
File: harlan_ellison.jpg (20KB, 250x323px) Image search: [Google]
harlan_ellison.jpg
20KB, 250x323px
>>1258652
>>
>>1258579
Antarctican girls are frigid, and there's really nothing to see in Antarctica anyway except the night life. Just go to Japan, they have a much better culture.
>>
>>1258780
I love feeling those happy feet on my back, and if you're white penguin chicks treat you like a god.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.