[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lyon, France

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 5

What's good in this City?
>>
I've been living here for a couple months and let's say there is always some kind of cultural event and festival you can go to. If you want a more complete answer you can start by saying what your age is, what kind of things you are into/looking for, etc
>>
>>1256954
according to this old vid you have a good view from the notre dame basillika

https://youtu.be/9OdqQCmBbmI
>>
>>1257794

Not the OP. I'm Australian and 25. I'm going there to meet a cute French girl but I'd like to explore the place too. I'm mostly interested in history\culture\art, or anything to expand my mind.

I'm not much into the outgoing 'festivals' or drinking.

I'm vegan so there's that too.
>>
>>1257840
I would suggest you visit the old part of the city if you want to experience what it's like to live in a medieval town and learn about the history and culture of the place. Mind you, it is argueably the most touristy part of Lyon so you are going to encounter people everywhere, specially during the summer. Otherwise there are plenty of museums and ruins. Almost any restaurant is excellent if you want to get a typical hearty french meal. As for places in specific I'd say that the little hike up onto the notre dame church is worth it for the view, also go to La Croix Rousse for more hipster/modern art kind of scene.
Hope I brought some light to you mate, now tell us a bit more about your sheila, how'd you two meet?
>>
File: Lyon 02.jpg (3MB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lyon 02.jpg
3MB, 1920x800px
>>1256954
Lyon is pretty good
If you like history it has a huge historical center UNESCO listed, Roman ruins, cathedrals and medieval/renaissance remains of all kind... Lots of things happened considering it's a former Gaul capital, then was Roman, then one of France's top cities up until now.
It also has very modern districts, the Confluence with its weird looking buildings and its spaceship-shaped museum.
There are also many high end restaurants, Lyon is sometimes considered France foremost gastronomy city before Paris. That being said be assured it's not only fancy expensive stuff, Lyon is also known for its "bouchons", typical Lyon restaurants with local, traditional everyday food from the region.
Parts of the city are hilly and will give you excellent views over the rest, like from the Fourvières cathedral.
Most of the things I mentionned are regular stuff tourists do in Lyon but are really worth it. Besides, the historical town is rather big so you could hardly avoid it even if you wanted.
Otherwise if you are into nature Lyon is located between 2 mountain ranges, the Alps in the east which I don't need to present I think, and parts of the Massif Central in the west near the Cévennes national park and its forested slopes.
There is also the Fête des Lumières (festival of lights), a must see if you happen to visit when it's taking place. Look up some pictures of google you'll see for yourself.
Otherwise it's a big city for France standarts so expect a good nightlife and quite a lot of young people.
I really recommend Lyon, especially for someone who knows nothing about this city you will be pleasantly surprised to see Paris isn't the only French city worth a visit
>>
>>1256954
And here's the official websites for tourists, I know /trv/ is sometimes anal about visiting classic tourist stuff but really that's where you'll find the most informations
http://www.en.lyon-france.com/Discover-Lyon
>>
>>1256954
Not OP but bumping this
>>
File: 1496252306034.jpg (97KB, 659x529px) Image search: [Google]
1496252306034.jpg
97KB, 659x529px
>>1257840
>I'm vegan so there's that too.
Somehow I feel bad for you.
Lyon is renowned for its "bouchons" restaurants were you eat traditional meals, most of them with meats... You could have tasted "machon", delicious fried pork bowels workers of the textile industry (XVI-XIXth century) used to eat for breakfast before work...
You could have tasted the famous Rosette de Lyon, a special fine charcuterie...
You could have tasted the delicate frogs legs cooked in butter with garlic and parsley

No wonder why Lyon's universities became an important center for anti-speciesist philosophy...
>mfw I spent three years in Lyon as a student but too poor to afford the delicious restaurants
>mfw too poor to live in this city
>mfw my english is too poor to describe the wonders of french cuisine

Also the "Musée Africain de Lyon" is nice and only takes one hour to visit so you can finally have some time to fuck the girl you came for.
After that if you want a longer visit (but in no way better) at the museum, check the Musée des Confluences. An architectural monstrosity from dutch or austrian deconstructivist architects that holds ethnographic collections and a lot more.
>>
File: jpp01.jpg (32KB, 800x526px) Image search: [Google]
jpp01.jpg
32KB, 800x526px
>>1259109
Ahah yeah totally who the fuck is this guy trying to be helpful and shit when we could be talking about how France is no longer France as usual, I mean screw this guy for trying to help OP
>>
>>1257794
Hi Anon, I'm the Op of this thread, I'm very overwhelmed by the glut of information and options in terms of 4-7 days in Southern France, and would really appreciate help.

>>>1259839
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.