[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Philippines

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

So I wanna go to the Philippines. What should I know? Where should I stay?

Im thinking Palawan. My budget is $4000-7500USD including return flight, and I want to stay for as long as possible.

I eat pretty basic meals and am comfortable in simple accommodations (bed, shower, power, maybe internet). Where should I stay?

Just trying to accumulate as much information as possible.

Thanks
>>
>>1256890
There are some places close to El Nido that might be good for you. I wouldn't stay in El Nido itself more than a few days (to do the tours), the insanely fast growth has made it a bit shitty. But the whole region is amazing and there are more remote places around that you can stay.

Check out Tao Philippines actually. You can fly into Coron, then take the Tao trip for 4-5 nights down to El Nido for maybe 500USD. I travelled around the world for 1.5 years and that was hands-down the best week of my time, it's seriously amazing.

Also, the women are ugly in Palawan, spend time in Manila or Cebu (the latter is cheaper I think) taking advantage of the insane filipina thirst for white cock.
>>
Oh, and boracay isn't great. It's the place you go if you want to party with drunk western backpackers like you would in Thailand. If you don't care about that, there are lots of other cooler places to go.
>>
you should probably wait until Duterte kills all the isis sandniggers and drug dealers. It'l be a lot nicer then.
>>
Basically just looking for white cock thirsty Filipinas.

I want to live there though. I mean I'll probably travel around whatever island I'm on, but will probably restrict my moves to the surrounding islands, rather than multi Island hops
>>
>>1256928
Yeah i stayed in el nido it's fucked, the electricity grid is so beyond capacity there is daily black out from like 7-9pm plus other occasional interruptions. I also booked last minute and didn't end up researching my accommodation well, since most of the booking sites where low on budget options. I ended up staying at a hostel owned by some frat bro's who wanted everyone to drink and party constantly when all i wanted to do was chill and read on the beach for a couple of days after doing a trek in Banaue.
>>
My buddy was there some years ago and said that they prefer USD as currency. Is this still true or should I just buy PHP?
>>
>>1256949
Everything i saw was listed in PHP only, that being said I didn't shop at really fancy stores the most expensive place i looked at was Nike store.
>>
How much money is an appropriate amount to carry with you? And in what iteration is it usually carried?

I don't want to pull out a fat wad of bills that are basically worth 5 cents and look like an idiot.
>>
>>1256960
Atm fees are steep about $4us per transaction, if you have a citi card they have a few atms in manila where you can get money out for free and they have good exchange rate. php is 50:1 for the $us, most common note is probably the 100 but plenty of 500 and 1000 around. Somewhere between 1000-2500 will cover you for a day if you just plan to eat, buy some knick knacks and use trikes for transport.
>>
So Manila or Cebu? Apparently Cebu has the highest average income. I just want to stay there and hang out with the locals and drink with them and find a woman to make happy while I'm there. Filipinos seem like cool people.

I'm not overly interested in hanging out with other travelers. I may as well stay in Canada if I plan to do that.

I'm thinking of looking for a small place to rent for a couple/few months. Where would be the best city to do that? In the city center or on the outskirts?

I read rent is between $160 and $300
>>
File: p120617-8.jpg (16KB, 300x450px) Image search: [Google]
p120617-8.jpg
16KB, 300x450px
Which would you guys suggest for living in for a few months. Manila or Cebu City?
>>
>>1257315
Probably Cebu.

Manila traffic will drive you nuts.

Source: I'm a Filipino.
>>
>>1256981

Manila is shit, stay in Cebu.

Anywhere close to a mall and with decent amenities will run you 400-500 a month since you are a foreigner.

IMO the vicinity of IT park or the big new mall is a good bet.

Stay away from Robinsons mall area, its redlight/drug/prostitute area, and you don't want to actually live there.

>>1256943

At least you are being honest. Cebu is okay for that. Just set up an online dating account and if you aren't ugly or obviously diseased you will get a flip on your dick the day you arrive.

Lots of the call center girls are thirsty as fuck, and don't like filipino men. Plenty of clubs also. You would be doing yourself a disservice by sticking to prostitutes, since they suck pretty bad in Cebu. Local girls are where its at.

Let me be frank though, flip women are crazy and while the bareback sex might be great, actually dealing with the lady the pussy is attached to can be a huge chore...

"Its the same everywhere" you might be thinking, but no. As soon as you get a pet flip, you adopt all of her problems also. You will see what I mean.

Good luck.
>>
>>1257426
Very accurate. Take heed, white bois.
>>
File: IMG_20160227_124137.jpg (1MB, 3120x4208px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160227_124137.jpg
1MB, 3120x4208px
The food is kinda shitty though. Better stick to fish & chips and Wendy's, lol!

Plenty of Korean cuisine though.
>>
>>1257426
this. filipinas can be just as crazy as latinas.
>>
>>1257426
Set up a POF account with Manila as my location. All the girls on that shit are like "I want to find my life partner and do everything to make them happy."

Are they all really that subservient?
>>
>>1257691
Nah, they're just out fishing for a green card marriage. Not saying they would necessarily leave your ass once they get what they want, but they probably wouldn't fuck with you if you were broke as fuck with nothing to offer. Also a lot of them want half white babies because being light skinned and having non-Filipino features is basically a prerequisite for getting into showbiz in the Philippines, and trying to break into showbiz is sound financial plan for most Filipino families. If you do hook up with a Filipino girl and she starts telling you a sob story and telling you she needs money, don't fall for that shit and just bounce.
>>
File: 235435345.jpg (63KB, 640x473px) Image search: [Google]
235435345.jpg
63KB, 640x473px
>>1256940
This
>>
>>1256981
You should check out Davao too

Streets at night are great, it's far less littered, and is also considered fairly safe all around.

It's also the home to an award-winning Chocolate that is getting more and more globally popular
>>
>>1257486
>The food is kinda shitty though
REEEEEEEEEEE
FUCK OFF, YOU HAVE NEVER EATEN BICOL EXPRESS OR GINATAAN
>>
>>1257691
>All the girls on that shit are like "I want to find my life partner and do everything to make them happy."

Those are poor girls. Avoid poor girls, there are plenty of middle-class+ girls available that will be way less hassle. At least on regular dating apps they're there.
>>
>>1257317
>implying cebu traffic situation is good
>>
File: FB_IMG_1492043535460.jpg (138KB, 957x960px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1492043535460.jpg
138KB, 957x960px
This has all been very informative. Clearly your all on the same page. Whoa, a pun
>>
*You're
>>
>>1256890
Check first with your travel agent

We have ISIS to deal with

There might be travel bans and warnings.
>>
>>1257315
http://cnnphilippines.com/news/2017/04/10/Terror-threat-Philippines-Visayas-Cebu-Bohol.html

Other countries also issued their warnings.

Mindanao is in ISIS mode right now.
>>
I rock a huge beard. I'll probably get cavity searched. I'm thinking of going to Cebu
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.