[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey guys, can I please get a quick rundown on my vacation plan?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: DEEP.jpg (13KB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
DEEP.jpg
13KB, 264x320px
Hey guys, can I please get a quick rundown on my vacation plan?

Day 1: Bergamo-Venice
Day 2: Venice-Florence
Day 3: Florence
Day 4: Florence-Rome
Day 5: Rome
Day 6: Rome
Day 7: Rome-Naples
Day 8: Naples
Day 9: Naples-Bergamo

What are the must-see sights in these cities?
>>
>>1256805
You're staying too long in Rome, 2 days is enough to see that shitty 3rd world city
>>
Guess you are landing at BGY, ridiculously small airport for its traffic.
Bergamo is a really little place, check out Bergamo Alta maybe.
Just about at half the route from BGY to Venice you could do a quick stop on west side lake Garda, Toscolano Maderno, Salò and Desenzano are pretty good.
In Venice just explore the less crowded and touristy areas, in 1.5 hrs you can get anywhere in the city by foot.
A must do is visit Murano glass blowers workshops.
Florence is good, not much to say.
In Rome visit Trastevere, best restaurants are there, careful next to the train stations, seems to be full of pickpockets.
Never been to Naples so can't speak.
Would also suggest to check out the countryside in Tuscany and the appenines area
>>
File: ws_Colosseum_Rome_1920x1200.jpg (530KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ws_Colosseum_Rome_1920x1200.jpg
530KB, 1920x1200px
>>1256826
kys

>>1256838
>in 1.5 hrs you can get anywhere in Venice by foot
bullshit
>>
>>1256869
>muh Rome isn't a shithole
Okay buddy
>>
>>1256962
What cities do you like?
>>
File: Screenshot_20170602-094749.png (140KB, 720x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170602-094749.png
140KB, 720x1280px
>>1256869
Right, it's less than 1 hr.
>>
>>1257073
Are you retarded? You traced a one-way path through the center of Venice, as if there was one street in the whole city.
>>
>>1257081
Do you understand the distinction between "anywhere" and "everywhere"?
>>
File: 5474.jpg (36KB, 514x684px) Image search: [Google]
5474.jpg
36KB, 514x684px
>>1256805
it is only a minor site but they added a skeleton recently. Looks pretty cool

http://allinfo.space/2017/05/31/a-skeleton-juts-out-into-the-skyline-of-florence/
>>
File: 110_calamita_cosmica_ok_1.jpg (51KB, 680x380px) Image search: [Google]
110_calamita_cosmica_ok_1.jpg
51KB, 680x380px
>>1257138
It's not new! They just moved it from Foligno to Florence haha. Great piece
>>
>>1257144
thx 4 the update
>>
>>1256838

Thanks for the reply.

I already ordered a train ticket straight from Milan to Venice, so I won't be able to stop anywhere. This is pretty much a trip to the most famous Italian cities, not the countryside.

What's the best way to guard yourself against pickpockets? The friend I'm going with suggested we used necklace pouches.
>>
>>1256805
I would overnight in Venice, so you can have a respite of an evening and early morning before the hordes of cruise ship passengers invade the city.
>>1257184
>What's the best way to guard yourself against pickpockets? The friend I'm going with suggested we used necklace pouches.
Arrange car transport from your hotel and trains in advance. This gets you immediately away from riffraff in and near train stations. Gypsies work in tandem and they've got it figured out for 2 people.
Italian made purses are zipped closed and fussy like that, and straps are sturdy. It's not a bad idea to have a waist belt, neck purse or something in your shoe, just in case, but it's trickier to hide it and be comfortable in hot summer heat by adding a layered shirt or jacket over it. Just keep your wits about you, and don't be cheap as shit where you're walking around in places others would not, or staying in the least expensive hotel in town. It screams you are not a seasoned traveler when you defy common sense to be vulnerable (locals would be in a car in many cases).
On the trains? Get a metal laptop/bike rope and padlock to secure your bag above you. This means you should want an overhead sized bag, nothing larger (gotta pack light, ugh). If you must put it on a rack in the center of the train, then, you need to be out of your seat, standing with your hand on the bag during station stops, because thieves hop on and then off right before doors close.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.