[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How Fucked is Brazil?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: BrazilIsBurning.jpg (82KB, 634x424px) Image search: [Google]
BrazilIsBurning.jpg
82KB, 634x424px
I've only heard a little info about the many problems that Brazil faces.
>Economy in the shit
>Politics in the shit
>Water contaminated with Zika virus
>Rabid Vampire Bats, bit over 40 people and killed 1
What other reasons are there for me to avoid the visit?
>>
Violence
>>
>>1256801
Br here. Well my friend I don´t really know why you shouldn´t come here. To be frank, I would invite you to come here. I don´t know where you are, but since you have money to travel you could probably spend a lot in your travel here and know our culture, see some nice beachs and other things. Now, reading your text I´ll correct some things for you!

Water isn´t contamined with zika virus.
There isn´t any rabid vampire bats attacking people here. Probably someone is trolling you!

If you want ask me anything, I´ll be monitoring this thread!
>>
>>1256868
>literally 'come to brazil' meme

why do Brazillians want other people to come to their country so much? I'm generally interested
>>
>>1256801
Media shills are trying hard to topple our current government, so take everything with a grain of salt.

That said , it's an amazing country and you should be alright if you follow common sense (e.g. don't venture into the specified murder districts).

Things are also pretty cheap around here, if you have USD you'll be able to buy a shit ton of food, for instance.
>>
>>1256911
every brazilian i've ever met on the internet and in person has been exceptionally friendly. I honestly really want to visit.

t. Amerifat, definitely not a paid shill
>>
>>1256801
>Economy in the shit
Yep, but better than most other latin american countries. It's just bad relative to what it was just a few years ago, since they're in a really bad recession. This is a good thing for travelers - it's much cheaper than before.

>Politics in the shit
Normal south american corruption bullshit, yep. Doesn't matter for travelers.

No... and anyway, it doesn't matter if you get Zika as long as you aren't a pregnant woman. I talked with doctors about it before I went down there and they said most of it's just hype.

You're just looking for reasons not to go at this point

Honestly Brazil is one of my favorite countries I've been to because of the people. You do need to be aware of your surroundings and avoid wandering into favelas and bad areas especially at night, but it's manageable.

I'd suggest learning as much portugese as you can before you go, people rarely know enough english to be useful. If you speak spanish really, really well you can sort of understand and have a painful communication with people too.

>>1256911
Most Brazilians I've seen online actually shit all over their country and make it sound way more dangerous and bad than it really is. They have the whole self-hating culture going on there, like the American far-left.

>>1256921
It's like that in the country too. And the women are sweethearts with amazing bodies for the most part. I love Brazilians.
>>
>>1256921
>>1256926

I've always wanted to go to Brazil, and this encourges me even more
>>
>>1256911
The BR poster. Good question. I can only awnser for myself, so, in my case I just like to meet people from different places and cultures. When they come here, I want them to see the same things I do, to enjoy their stay, the same way I'd like to be treated if I visited any other place in the world.
>>
>>1256926
>>1256926
Normal south american corruption? Really? You really think this is normal?
Nice post othwrwise
>>
>>1256914
>amazing country
>don't venture into the specified murder districts

I can't even..
>>
>>1257045
See, it wouldn't be realistic if he didnt said this. Even if you say your country is amazing, perfect and all, there is always that place you say to people to be carefull or even avoid going to. In our case, it's the favelas!
>>
>>1257096
And this is still 4chan, and even /trv/ attracts its share of emotionally damaged young men convinced that the world is full of people plotting to injure, exploit or humiliate them.
>>
>>1256914
FUCKING KEK
>SPECIFIED
>MURDER
>DISTRICTS
THE MEME IS BACK LADS
>>1256921
so you are a lucky "amerifat"
ever played an online game with brazilians?
did you tried to play DOTA 2 with brazilians?
they are really, really friendly people there! And a big cancer
>>
>>1256801
>Economy in the shit
This actually is a good thing for foreigners, isn't it? As our currency is devalued, life cost is cheaper for you.
>Politics in the shit
As it always was, no big deal.
Zika is not trasmited by water, but by Aedes aegypti bite - which can also trasmits dengue and chikungunya. Plus, their outbreak (mainly dengue, which is more common) generally follows a 6-year cycle. As we had a peak last year, it is safer now.
B-but they are so cute!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xPYAhRAAj4w
Now seriously, although we have 3 of 5 species of vampire bats, you should only worry if you go to countryside. Even there you should worry more with malaria, yellow fever and chagas disease (the worst one, as there is no cure)
>>
>>1257109
>so you are a lucky "amerifat"
>ever played an online game with brazilians?
>did you tried to play DOTA 2 with brazilians?
>they are really, really friendly people there! And a big cancer
those are literally children in lan houses
>>1256911
it's a cool country and Brs love foreigners especially Brazilaboos like myself>>1256926
>Honestly Brazil is one of my favorite countries I've been to because of the people. You do need to be aware of your surroundings and avoid wandering into favelas and bad areas especially at night, but it's manageable.
This
I have been walking around late at night in Centro and i was good but i do not advise this i think i was fine becuase i look like a poor guy
>>Most Brazilians I've seen online actually shit all over their country and make it sound way more dangerous and bad than it really is. They have the whole self-hating culture going on there, like the American far-left.
it's both the left and right in Brazil that self hate

>>1256801
zika is a total meme
no reason to avoid the visit just be aware same as in the majority of Latin america since pick pocketing is so common especially in Argentina and Brazil
>>
>>1257152
>chidren
nah f am. Many of these children that I meet are like 18 years old. Nice try btw
>>
>>1257164
>18 years old
>not a child
ok
>>
>>1257172
and 20 years then?
>hue logic
>>
>>1257103

>implying it isn't
>>
>>1257045
It's true though. There's literally nothing to see in them and people have been murdered for taking wrong exits.

But the large cities in Brazil are mostly shitholes. Comfy towns have better architecture/nature/beaches/people/etc.
>>
>>1256990
For that region, yep. Brazil isn't as corrupt as certain other latin american countries (Venezuela, paraguay). Colombia used to be worse. It's all normal for the region.
>>
tl;dr
Avoid Rio de Janeiro, it's a tourist trap, not worth. Also, if you are visiting the northeast region of Brazil, be careful since this region have the most violent cities in the country.

The seafood dishes that you can eat in the shoreline cities are fucking DELICIOUS, and are the best thing you can eat in this country. Just be careful of one thing: most of those dishes are made with dende/palm oil (you can notice it by the yellow tint) if you are not used to it, don't eat it everyday or you will feel like shit.

Try the shrimp stew (Moqueca de camarão) it's the best thing ever. Also don't forget to eat feijoada at least one time. Those are the best things you can eat in Brazil.
>>
>>1258281
what are the best seafood towns man I love seafood and Rio has shit food
>>
>>1258281
About moqueca, there are two types: from Espírito Santo ("capixaba") and from Bahia ("baiana"). The difference between them is that moqueca baiana is made with dendê oil.
>>
>>1258231
Yes, Some latin american countries have always been corrupt but What is happening now in Brasil is has never happened before. The Problem is not that they are corrupt, as your said :they always have been and everybody knew. The thing is that now it's all coming out. And nobody knows for sure Whats going to happen. These troubles in Brazil are NOT normal.
>>
Is it true that Santa Catarina and Rio Grande De Sul are far better than the rest of Brazil?
>>
>>1258299
It's normal but now it's a little out of control..look at the Olympic stadium 7 months later and it's looted and rotting away
>>
>>1258441
Santa Catarina yes, Rio Grande do Sul no. RS is as broken as Rio de Janeiro.
>>
File: image.jpg (467KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
467KB, 640x1136px
BR here
Protips for /trv/elers
1. For your own security, don't use any jewerly in plain view, hide your cellphone in your front waist, in your bra for women
2. Avoid favelas, there have a lot of kind poor people but its not worthy to be robbed or kidnapped just to see how poor they are. (There is some house of Samba in a Rio's favela, i never went there so i dont really know how to guide you there.)
3. Avoid using taxis, theyre a fucking mafia and will extort you, use Uber or public transportation.
4. Dont ever use Waze, some tourists died after entering in a favela after Waze told'em

Now, São Paulo countryside cities have a lot of waterfalls, go there between December till February (Summer here)
If you do enjoy beaches and dunes, go to Fortaleza, Fernando de Noronha , Aracaju, [spoiler]Guarujá[/spoiler] or Florianópolis, i dont know, our litoral is so vast you surely will find a good beach.

If you're looking for night life, the only places i remember is Lapa in Rio or Rua Augusta in São Paulo. Everyone here love foreigners, just be cool and you wont regret
>>
File: z4wsbmwi4byy.jpg (49KB, 580x282px) Image search: [Google]
z4wsbmwi4byy.jpg
49KB, 580x282px
Pic related

My parents (Dutch) are in the Pantanal right now, visited the Iguazu waterfalls and Rio before that.

They keep mentioning that the locals just warn you over and over not to be on the street at night or be in the wrong neighbourhood at all. You'll get warned about 20 to 30 times a day about unsafe areas. Its weird, the combination of super sweet, caring people and violent murderers.
>>
I was a month in Bahia (mostly in Salvador) and had an absolutely lovely time. It takes some street smarts for sure and I didn't always feel safe, but the good moments far outweighed the bad. Brazil's best assets are the warmth of the people and the beauty of the nature.
>>
As an American currently living in Rio and who has spent years living all over Africa and other developing countries, you all need to understand how striking disparity is in such places. If you have money you can live comfortably, safely, and enjoy everything the place has to offer. If you are poor it will suck. That really is all it comes down to.

Tons of exclamatory news comes out about Brazil and people love to talk about the violence, but do you really think the guy in the 10 million dollar apartment in Leblon is suffering? Now I'm not saying you need to be a millionaire to enjoy Brazil, but show up with enough money to stay in decent areas, and you can have an absolute blast.

The people love foreigners, good food and drink, great entertainment all over. I'm not even writing this as a selling point for Brazil specifically, more so as a reminder that the stark disparity you'll encounter in less than first world countries can lead to some misconceptions on whether or not a place is worth visiting.

Not visiting Brazil because of violence in favelas is like not visiting San Francisco because of violence in a shitty part of Chicago. Be smart and you'll be worlds apart.

I've been all over the country if anyone has questions about specific spots and what it is like as a gringo.
>>
>>1256801
America
>economy in the shit
>politics in the shit
>water is brown in some places, can have algae, carcinogens and of course fluoride
>has a bunch of animals that can bite and kill you

What other reasons are there for me to avoid the visit?
>>
>>1259276
crazy bro tell some inspiring stories from Brazil brah
>>
Manaus, Brazil is hands-down the easiest place to get laid in the world as a white guy that's into cute, slim college girls. I travelled through hundreds of cities on a long RTW trip and tindered all over the place, but nothing beats Manaus.
>>
>>1260010
Not really sure what inspires you, but if its cheap living and girls throwing themselves at you because you're a foreigner, you'll dig it. The second part is basically everywhere you'll travel though as long as you're not a sperg. Brazilians love to show you the best of their country, state, city, etc. You'll always have people taking you out to the their favorite spots, trying to get you to try their favorite foods or activities and generally make sure you leave with a good idea of their corner of the world. I've also never visited a country where the local men were so concerned with me picking up chicks and getting action. They really want you to succeed.

>>1260299
I found that girls are easy enough everywhere, so really the best spot is wherever has the girls that look the way you like. If I ever came home from a night out without a girl it was because I chose to. To be fair, besides being blonde, I'm fluent in Portuguese, so it is kind of like ultimate easy mode

I like Rio and Sao Paulo personally because it has hot girls from all over the place who go there to try and make it, kind of like an LA vibe. As for hottest average local girls, I'd say the south for sure. I loved Floripa, but you can't beat the sheer number of hot and willing women in the bigger cities.
>>
I've been looking into going to Brazil next summer and doing Jiu Jitsu for maybe a month or so.

I saw a company called connection Rio was offering a Jiu Jitsu hostel but it looks like the place closed down.

What are some safe areas to look for a gym?
>>
>>1258459
Hosting Olympics is international level bait
>>
>>1260316
Why not just go to miami? Good fighters left Brasil a long time ago...for the US. Maybe the nuances of the instruction would be a language barrier for you without your fluency in Portuguese?
>>
>>1260304
Nice man nice. How important is speaking Portuguese??
>>
>>1260304
>cheap living and girls throwing themselves at you because you're a foreigner,

This is basically all I want out of life...
>>
I want to go to Brazil alone but I
Am scared to do this as I can't speak Portuguese and I have never travelled alone.
Brazil interests me because of the food, the fun people and hot girls.
You think I should bite the Bullet and try go on my own?
Should I stay in a hotel or hostel?
>>
>>1256926
>I'd suggest learning as much portugese as you can before you go, people rarely know enough english to be useful.
>If you speak spanish really, really well you can sort of understand and have a painful communication with people too.

I'm about fully 'conversational' in spanish now (native english speaker) and I could understand the gist of what people were saying for the most part. I agree it is a lot harder to communicate what you want to say back to them, but Portuguese and Spanish have enough similarities that if you listen closely (and think critically) you will be able to figure out what they are saying. Plus because Portuguese isn't a widely studied second language, people are generally pretty eager/excited to practice with you, in my experience in Rio anyhow. I'd guess an english speaker who was dedicated and moved there full time, could get fully conversational in 6 months~ or so, which is not bad at all compared to a lot of eastern languages.
>>
>>1260667
Yeah, I found I could read Portugese pretty easily, and I could understand it in person *as long as they deliberately spoke very clearly and very slowly*.

I actually met up with a bunch of different girls that spoke fair english and zero spanish, but after a few minutes we figured out that the whole spanish/portugese mix was actually easier for both of us.

If I was conversational in portugese though... I don't think I would ever leave Brazil just because of the women.
>>
>>1260643
If you're in a big city you'll be fine, but most Brazilians (outside of the rich ones who all do an exchange program in high school) don't speak too much English, and the ones that do are all very shy about it. You'll find yourself just looking to different faces and smiling as people talk and occasionally speak broken English at you. You can still definitely score though, even barely communicating. The sad truth is for a lot of people fucking a foreigner is the closest thing they'll get to some sort of travel experience, and it doesn't really count as "slutty" or whatever in their heads.
>>
>>1260654
Hostel in a big city would be fine because you'll be with other foreigners speaking your language. If you are somewhere more remote with a smaller chance of encountering other foreigners (like parts of the Nordeste or interior) I would definitely avoid a communal living space. A lot of people will try to help you, but plenty will try to take advantage. Just make sure you know about the places you're going and don't show up completely lost. Best thing you can do is make [girl] friends as soon as possible so you have people to show you around. Definitely abuse dating apps. Really easy to find yourself a tour guide with benefits.

Brazil is in an economical crisis right now and your dollars (or euros) will go far. if you take a girl out, be cool and buy her dinner and uber or whatever. Will cost you a pittance and will really engender her to you. Better than paying for any tour guide service.

I've never done Brazil without speaking Portuguese but I've gone solo in plenty of places where I don't speak the language. Its really all the same.
>>
>>1260684
That last sentence sounds beautiful to me man. Can you share knowledge on how to meet the women of Brazil?
Also I'll be able to make 10 k to travel for by the time of October. How far does that money take one?
>>
>>1260730
I spent six months traveling the country once, not working at all, and enjoying myself a ton and I spent less than that. Granted I had people hosting me in almost every spot, and only spent a little bit on lodging. You can do a shit load with that
>>
>>1260737
And I mean I was really splurging on everything, flying everywhere I went, dumb spending, etc.
>>
>>1260690
Is tinder big in cities like rio or SP? Or do they use something else?
>>
>>1260787
Tinder is still big and not just for fat ugly women who think they are hot like it has become in the states. Bumble is also big, as is an app called Happn, which I never saw in the states.
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.