[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>looking for luggage locks >almost all are "TSA-approved"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: tsa_searchalert_case_lock4.jpg (14KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
tsa_searchalert_case_lock4.jpg
14KB, 250x251px
>looking for luggage locks
>almost all are "TSA-approved"
>look up what the fuck that means
>it means the TSA has master keys and combinations to open them
>anyone who can get master keys from China or wherever can just open your lock, which has a big fucking logo on it advertising that it's a TSA lock
>even if your suitcase doesn't have a zipper (which can be easily opened with a pen), if it has a TSA lock it basically defeats the fucking purpose

Who thought this was a good idea? How does /trv/ keep their luggage secure?
>>
>>1256713

Carry valuables on you at all times and not in hold luggage. And get a lock that isn't advertised as a luggage lock.
>>
>>1256713
Saran wrap, chains with an industrial padlock, and carpet snakes loose in the suitcase just in case a particularly dedicated baggage handler gets through those.

Also, I never leave my house.
>>
>>1256714
>get non-tsa lock
>tsa thinks this means you're hiding something from them
>use bolt cutters to cut hasp of lock
>now you don't have any lock
and luggage locks aren't designed to make your luggage impenetrable, they're just designed to keep pickpocket style thieves out while you're near it. anyone who's going to have time to use a key or put in a combo is going to have plenty of other tricks. for example
>https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1jJP0CcuJyE
>>
>>1256713
I don't lock them at all. And if my laptop disappears, I actually had 2 imacs in my bag, and I want to be refund :^)
>>
>>1256721
>anyone who's going to have time to use a key or put in a combo is going to have plenty of other tricks.
Like a kitchen knife, for example.

Locks are just a psychological deterrent for petty thieves, not the kind that is actually enterprising enough to collect a bunch of TSA master keys. I mean, they may as well get a job at that point.
>>
>>1256713
I put a TSA lock on my luggage when I'm in transit, and then at the hostels I use a non-TSA lock that I packed in my bag

Not that hard, buckaroo
>>
>>1256721

You realize the TSA only exists in the USA right?
>>
Just dont put valuables in checked-in baggage

That's what carry on is for
>>
>>1256734
airlinefag here, chances are very good you wont be compensated for that, because you put valuables in checked luggage.
Also, as a former baggage handler, we dont want to go through your shit, and we hate when we have to inspect your bag due to leaks or something vibrating. (usually its a toothbrush....but not always. The only time I heard of theft from 6 years as a baggage handler was a former baywatch actress was missing some of her panties, and we all knew who did it. Most theft is actually from the TSA, because they are already looking, and they know where the blindspots in the cameras are.
>>
>>1256734
And if you look at the small print of your travel insurance, you will usually only get a fraction of the cost of anything stolen unless you pay extra to insure the item separately.
>>
>>1256713
Don't travel to the USA. Problem solved.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.