[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Travelling through China

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: china.jpg (734KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
china.jpg
734KB, 1920x1200px
Hi,
I'm from Europe and I've never been outside of it. Me and my boyfriend are planning a 2-3 week trip through China. We do know we want to start with Pekin and end up in Hong Kong, additionally we'd rather use public transport than planes to get from one city to another. Do you guys have any tips on what are must sees, what we should be aware of and what are estimated costs for a couple?
It seems that I could get a double room with breakfast for two for ~ 25-35 euros/night, eating out seems cheap enough (at least in some parts of China), so I was wondering if it seems reasonable to expect spending ~70 euro/day for hotel, some tourist attractions, commuting and dining out.
Any thoughts on that or tips for us? :)
>>
>>1256292
>peking
>hong kong
prepare for double-trouble visa
>>
>>1256303
Most Europeans don't need visa to enter Hong Kong.
>>
>>1256310
Still, since they go to China AND Hong Kong, there are some requirements they have to fill out for the visa in China
>>
>>1256292
Decide if you want to just visit cities or some rural spots. Honestly China is so huge that it's best to just pick a handful of things you'd like to see and plan around that. It's easy to get around via train, you can practically cross the whole country inexpensively in a day or so.
>>
>>1256292
Your budget seems fine, a little low for some days but you'll make it up on the days you spend on the train.

You can take highspeed trains all the way down the coast so if you stick to the east coast, there should be plenty to do and you can travel in relative comfort easily enough. Probably no need for sleeper trains if you plan carefully which will give you more travel time (and comfort) but mean that you don't save as much as if you skipped a hotel now and then.
>>
>>1256323
What kind of requirements? I thought we'd just apply for a tourist visa and show them our tickets to Hong Kong as a proof we're leaving country in a couple of weeks.

Thanks for all of your advices, we've decided our trip will look like this:
Beijing (5 days) - Shanghai (2 days) - Xian (2 days) - Zhangjiajie (2 days) - Guilin (1 day) - Yangshuo (2 days) - Hong Kong.
If anyone thinks we've missed something important or should drop one of this places feel free to point it to us :)
>>
>>1256655
That's a pretty standard itinerary, all the spots are touristic but will be fun.

You could maybe skip a day or even 2 in Beijing, depending on what you want to do and see. Outside the big sites it's not the nicest city. I'd spend more time around Yangshuo - the town itself is packed with domestic tourists but the surrounding countryside is great to explore (get a moped). Or you could see Longjiang Rice Terraces, also in Guangxi province.
>>
>>1256946
I know it's pretty standard, I wanted to add something more authentic and less crowded to the list, but the problem is that everything mentioned in tourist guides is already well known to everyone, and if it's not mentioned, I won't know about it.
You're right, we'll skip some time in Beijing and spend one additional day in Yangshuo (I forgot to mention that Longjiang Rice Terraces are already on our list, just before Hong Kong). I was also thinking about visiting one of those water towns near Shanghai, like Nanxun or Tongli, and since we're skipping some time in Beijing maybe we could fit in Datong.
Additionally, we plan to sacrifice one day in Xian to visit Huashan plank walk, although I am terrified of heights so I don't know how it will go for me.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.