[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is Berlin safe enough to go to?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: river-spree-berlin-xlarge.jpg (163KB, 1280x853px) Image search: [Google]
river-spree-berlin-xlarge.jpg
163KB, 1280x853px
I'm naturally paranoid by nature, and all this terrorist stuff does get to me a bit. That said, even in my home country it doesn't stop me from going to gigs or what not. I'm not really right wing or even /pol/ affiliated but there is a strong correlation between the rise of refugees in Germany and crime, not to mention terrorist attacks

Always wanted to go to Berlin for some clubbing, really don't want this kind of stuff to put me off, so hoping to get some opinions from actual Berliners or people who've been. I'm not naive, I know all major cities have crime problems, so it's not like i'm expecting a paradise or anything, just want to know if it's relatively safe.
>>
I've only been there for once for five days, so I'm not an expert, but anyways...

You're far more likely to get hit by a car and die in comparison to dying from any sort of terrorism in Berlin.
I'm not sure about muggings and all that but

It's generally very safe, however there are some shitty parts of the city at night.
Some parts of the city can become quite dodgy at night -- the prostitutes aren't so bad, but the Turks, Arabs, black drug dealers and drug addicts really freaked out my girlfriend in one area...I think Schoeneberg but I could be wrong.

I never felt unsafe, though it would be a good idea to walk with another person at night if you think you'll end up in a bad area. Luckily the metro service all over the city is amazing.
If you want to increase your security, stay in Mitte as we did, although the Berghain is near Friedrichshain which is an area I really liked a lot during the day.
>>
>>1256046
>Berlin
>terrorism
>rise of terrorism in Germany
roflmao dude stop going on 4chan

You realize that most refugees won't do shit. And it is likely you wouldn't even know the difference between the turks and the refugees, the former being the niggers of Germany. And even that, again, only somewhat because this ain't America. No one's going to fucking rob you, even at night. It is your own fault, however, if you go at night in dark alleys in Kreuzberg or so. But other than that, lmao

stop being a paranoid fuck
refugees being criminals is not true at all. And while there's a stereotype of turks or arabs being the niggas of Germany, they're also just people and harmless for the most part. Just like germans.

>>1256091
>prostitutes aren't so bad
Of course not, they're just prostitutes. They're not fucking criminals. They're the least of all your problems. They're actually nice as well, as long as they look white.
Schöneberg can, indeed, be a dangerous place, but that's typical for a big city.

http://www.berliner-zeitung.de/berlin/polizei/die-23-unsichersten-orte-der-stadt-wo-berlin-gefaehrlich-ist-23459052
If you click on the map, they show off the more dangerous places in Berlin.

either way, Berlin is a grey block and the epitome of what Germany is about. So I suggest you go there.

as for the rise of crime and it being refugees... yes, it's true. You don't even have to be super careful, no one's going to do anything to you. No one cares about refugees, you won't know the difference, and you're literally fucking retarded.
>>
>>1256105
>inb4 uptalking refugees
The mass is a problem, not them being criminals or some shit. It's more annoying of them to be anywhere than them robbing you or something which doesn't really happen as much as you think it does. media scaring u too much
>>
>>1256046
Seriously what sort of pussy are you? You have like one hundred times more risk to slip in your own shower and bash your skull than dying out of a violent crime or terrorism in europe, despite the last few years of high visibility events.
>>
It's 2017 not 1945.
>>
>>1256046
German here. Don't listen to these ignorant people telling you it's completely safe. It's not. It never was. Berlin in general has a pretty high crime rate, so I wouldn't be too careless when walking around at night. Terrorism is another point, keep in mind that it could always and at any time happen. That's why I avoid big events, christmas markets, etc.
>>
>>1256213
I been at christmas markets in Berlin and never had a problem. That one time doesn't equal all the time.

>It's never completely safe
no one said that, ever. In fact, everyone already suggest that he shouldn't go out at night in alleys or most parts of the city.

>>1256105
even linked this.

But yes, you are right in that this is Berlin. "high" crime rate. But not as dangerous as you make it out to be.
>>
>>1256218
>That one time doesn't equal all the time.
>As long as you don't go out on one of the days an immigrant is feeling radicalized it's fine
>>
>>1256046
>not /pol/
>afraid of going to berlin

yeah fuck off
>>
>>1256226
Munich shooter was a right wing extremist, not an immigrant.
>>
>>1256091
>>1256213
>>1256218
>>1256105

Thanks for the advice, i'll give it a go. I know obviously there's parts of the city you shouldn't go, goes for all places really. Luckily most the places I want to go aren't in these areas. A lot of people complain about "no go" or "rough" areas abroad but don't say or do shit about the own cities they live in.
>>
Berlin ain't bad, but you really shouldn't fuck around in the parks at night. Also, ignore the drug dealers, don't even step to the side to converse with them, they talk to you to try to figure out your nationality and get a look at your outfit to figure out whether or not you're a good target for his mates to mug when you go further down the street.
>>
>>1256226
lmao try again harder next time, softie.
>>
>>1256276
I don't do much drugs so that should be fine (strongly dislike drug dealers) and I'm not going to hang around any dodgy areas at night, don't really get the people who do really. Parks, at least where I live, have a really scummy reputation about them at night, so i've learnt to avoid them anyway. Maybe it's a European thing?
>>
>>1256046
Statistically theft and break ins are a little bit more common in Germany since the refugee crisis. Violent crime really stayed the same. Becoming a victim of a terror attack is highly unlikely. If you worry about that shit you shouldn't leave your house at all. Just be careful with your stuff and stop conflating memes with reality. It's literally one of the safest cities on earth.
>>
>>1256226
>Oh nooo 20 people dead in like 2 years. Better not visit an entire country I guess.

Despite pretending to tough guys /pol/tards act like scared old ladies lmao
>>
>>1256046
You do realise that clubbing in Berlin is pretty gritty, almost having a squatter vibe?
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.