[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Studying Abroad in Aussie

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: emu_smoking.jpg (216KB, 976x1075px) Image search: [Google]
emu_smoking.jpg
216KB, 976x1075px
Hi all,
starting a month from now I'll be studying abroad In Australia until around this time next year and I'm in the middle of writing out my budget and trying to make notes about useful things to remember. I'm coming from the USA btw.

I've already been able to scrounge up quite a lot of useful information from searching around, but any useful information from other travelers but especially natives would be greatly appreciated.

I already have my rent sorted out, but I'd specifically love any information regarding costs of utilities, clothes and food.

For example,
If I want to give clothes that are cheap but not shabby,
where to get food (I know food is more expensive than where I come from so I'm staying the hell away from fast food.),
what should I know about the bus system,
any kind of useful advice for someone who's never been in Australia before.
Thanks.
>>
>>1255402
Assuming you mean get clothes same as everywhere else in the world h&m/top shop/zara/uniqlo. Woolworths/coles/aldi plus asian green grocers for food. Public transport depends on the city but most places have at least decent and some what reliable transport for an alright price in you live centrally, buses mostly feed into train stations which then feed into the main cbd station.
>>
Where abouts in Australia?
There's huge deviation in terms of quality of services/ cost depending on which State you're going to, and where you'll be living.
>>
>>1255501
I've heard really good things about Aldi so I'll keep that in mind thanks.
>>1255537
I'll be in NSW for the most part. I figure it'd be less expensive, but it would be great to have estimates in AUD. I really appreciate the help.
>>
>>1255402
Walk on the left side of footpaths and on escalators, don't stand in the door ways of buses or trains until people getting off are out.

Mobile data is more expensive here, as is internet. It depends on where you live but most of our internet services are overpriced trash.

>>1255571
I live in a one bedroom apartment in inner-city Brisbane and I pay ~au$130 per month for combined electricity, water, gas bills. $360pw rent and about $150 a month for internet and mobile bills.
>>
>>1255571
RIP re rent and general cost of living if you intend to live in Sydney.
>>
>>1255679
Me again..

Take note of where to walk from >>1255642
>>
>>1255402
Get ready to punch darts and sink tins cunt. You're going to fucking love it here as long as you don't cry like a bitch from all the banter.
>>
>>1255402
The bus system is absolute garbage, so is the rail system. Expect if a bus or train is late that the excuse you will get is "well it's city rail ain't it?"
>>
>>1255402
if you can pass as anywhere from 16-25 get a youth (green) opal card. biggest money saver ever and so long as you don't look old (like old old) they'll never check
>>
>>1255864
That's real useful to know. I'll try to plan around that.
>>1255681
That's the impression I get but thanks anyway.
>>1255642
Now that's REALLY helpful thanks you

Now to anyone, I gotta get a phone plan and I've heard that vodafone is pretty good for international students.
Is this true? If not, is there anything that's better that I could access?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.