[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

POLAND SLOVAKIA HUNGARY ROMANIA BULGARIA

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 4

Good day.
In a couple of months I'm going to take a three weeks car trip somewhere along this route. I already have a few of places on my list, but am looking for some tips from You. Hopefully, some of You live nearby or have been around.

Can You recommend any sites? Mind, the route is flexible.

I am going to spend say 50/50 nights in a tent and in ho(s)tels. Do you know of any good places to do wild camping and nice hostels? And how is wild camping in these countries anyway, problematic?

Also all stories of similar trips welcome!
>>
>>1255009
In Romania go a little more east above Bucharest. Brasov and/or the mountains around Busteni.
>>
>>1255021
Thanks mate, I will definetely spend a day or three in Romanian Carpathians. Transfăgărășan has been my only mustsee so far, Busteni goes on the list as well. Are You Romanian?
>>
>>1255009
uważaj w Bieszczadach na Słowacji - mnóstwo cyganów
>>
>>1255182
postaram się wyglądać ubogo
>>
File: 1492386470208.gif (3MB, 222x400px) Image search: [Google]
1492386470208.gif
3MB, 222x400px
Kraków and Auschwitz are obligatory
>>
>>1255249
masz auto, jesteś bogatszy od całej wioski

>>1255360
why can't this meme simply die
>>
im doing a similar trip in a couple weeks, except im goin to west balkan instead of east balkan
>>
>>1255021
Second this, Brasov is a beautiful town and from there you can go to Vlad the impaler's castle very cool castle.

Constanta is nice in the summer. The beaches and women are amazing.
>>
>>1255009
50% hungarian 50% slovakian here.

Kosice is nice, it is a very comfy town but most of the things there are chapels and temples. If you are not that kind of guy you can still visit the east slovakian museum there, museum of avitation, east slovak galery, bothanical garden, and the zoo but it is not as big as you would see the one in budapest.

Watch out in budapest, especially when you are using the subway or taking a cab. Most of the ticket checkers at the subway and the cab drivers will try you to scam as soon as they discover the fact that you are not from hungary. Especially the ticket checkers.
>>
>>1255595
how do the ticket checkers scam you?
>>
>>1255595
Thanks mate. I'm more into nature, but love old churches too. Can You recommend me some hot springs and/or other natural wonders ?
>>
Please name mountains of Romanian Carpatians that are not too hard for begginers and in general worth to climb. Or some trails. Thanks in advance
>>
>>1255606
Not him but:
It is a very usually thing for them to listen if the customer is from abroad or not. If they think you are they can take your ticket for an inspection.

There they will say that A - you used your ticket for two times, B - your ticket is fake.

In both ways they usually consfiscate the ticket and they demand you to pay a big ammount of penalty fee. They say if you refuse they will call police. (they have the right to do so) So stay safe and watch out. They did this with me two times already in one year.
>>
>>1255595
>Especially the ticket checkers
bullshit
t. Budapester who never even spoke to a ticket checker
they just ask for your ticket, you pull it out, show it to them, and then they're on their way to the next passenger
>>
>>1256629
t. assblasted ellenőr
>>
>>1256608
"Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson
>>
>>1255009
northen slovakia and southern poland is sworn up with wooden churches, you might be interested
http://slovakia.travel/en/things-to-see-and-do/culture-and-sights/wooden-churches
>>
>>1256608
this is pure autism

Let em call the cops. They'll prove that (if the checkers trying to trick you) they arent fake.
>>
wild camping, and even camping is for advanced travelers in northeastern hungary. and even they will get stuff stolen if they're not careful.

i did a lot of wild camping there, my favorite was camping in some monastery ruins above bélapátfalva... but i would not do it by car, you're gonna look too rich like that. so just hit the big camping site in aggtelek or something.

>>1257505
this.
they will start to pretend they call the police. and you can go and start to really call the police, they will shit their pants and let you go.
>>
File: DSC_0194.jpg (1MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
DSC_0194.jpg
1MB, 2048x1536px
>>1257292
I certainly might, thank You

>>1257511
That's a budget car, nothing bounty promising - may be of help.Thanks for the tip.

Is theft and banditism such a problem down there? In Poland I wouldn't feel threatened doing wild camping. We don't have them gypsies though
>>
Romanian living in Transylvania here:
You should plan on spending most of your time in Transylvania, really. If you're into old castles and cities, this place is definitely for you.
Try to drive on local roads, not the main ones, you'll get a better taste of the rural area of the region and the people are really awesome. Also, there are a lot of old churches, which you might find interesting. Camping shouldn't be a problem if you do it discretely.
Must see cities are Timisoara, Alba Iulia, Hunedoara, Sibiu, Sighisoara, Brasov. If you're doing this trip during summer, Transfagarasan is definitely a must.
There's not much to do in the south, imho. Have a few beers in Bucharest, enjoy the weirdness of the city and head towards Vama Veche, if you want to get pissed on the seaside.
Don't know what to say about the other countries, you might want to visit Budapest, though.
Have a nice trip!
>>
File: 056.jpg (2MB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
056.jpg
2MB, 2048x1536px
>>1257725
Much appreciated, thanks
>>
>>1257617
it doesn't matter what brand of car, just the fact that you have a car and cay pay the gas makes you look rich in northeastern hungary (budapest is a different world).

>>1257725
if you're into nice scenery, then this.
>>
I'm planning to make a long bike trip this summer, will quite possibly also visit Hungary. How safe is countryside? Can I travel and camp without fear for my safety or should I watch out?
>>
>>1258777
tl;dr you should be fine

Make sure you look as poor as possible.
Always (ALWAYS) tie your bike to something with a lock properly. Do not tell anyone where you are planning on camping. This is re Eastern Hungary especially. The West, especially the Northwest is a bit better off, around the Balaton there are tourists with fancy bikes all the time, so it's chill there.

Theft is what you need to watch out for. On official camping grounds, too.

When the sun is up, Hungarians tend to be relatively patient with cyclists, but like... Every now and then I ran into weirdos who remind me of Russian dashcams, but I think it's just that I bike too much, not because there's that many of them.
Once we had to jump in the bushes, like 10 of us, with 40+ kg gear on our bikes, etc, cause a truck would not even down on a single-lane mountain road. Fun times.

Wild camping can be doable if you're experienced, but it's kinda hard to find a remote enough place. Like you think, there's no village in a 10km radius, this should be fine! But then you wake up to hundreds of sheep crossing the forest.
The locals generally don't give a fuck if you camp anywhere as long as you don't light fires. Kind of understandable, lot of dry leaves during summer.

Idk where you're from, but if it's not Eastern Europe... Not that there is at least one free drinkwater source per village, normally somewhere around the middle. It's like a huge blue metal tap. Cold and clean water.
>>
>>1258777
Avoid the countryside that has a lot of gypsies. Especially Borsod.
It's not unheard of that random tourists are killed for their money, even if said tourist doesn't have anything of value
>>
What about wild camping in Romania? I read that it in general it is quite safe place with nice people, despite of stereotypes. Anyone can confirm, that Romania is better that Hungary when it comes to safety?
>>
>>1259180
seconded
>>
Whats the girl situation in Poland?
>>
>>1259260
Nie dla psa kielbasa
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.