[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here trekked Nepal? How was it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

Has anyone here trekked Nepal? How was it?
>>
try posting in the SEA general, rather than making a whole thread just to ask a question

you're more likely to get a good answer
>>>1249952
>>
>>1254682
nepal isnt in south-east asia though
>>
>>1254833
that's true, there are two india threads you might try in

maybe even make a Nepal general

I talked to a guy this week who said he did the "middle band" of nepal and he loved it, but I don't know much myself exept the roads are notoriously unsafe
>>
>>1254832
this is the most autistic thing i've seen all day
>>
Yes, I have, so have a few others. Any specific questions?
>>
I trekked the annapurna circuit plus some extra days afterwards, i gotta say it was amazing, and the part where most trekkers take a ride back to pokhara is the least populated really and you miss out on a lot of nice trekking if you don't do it, i did 2 weeks, wanted to do 3 weeks but eventually got a toe infection that debilitated me for a week until i drained the pus, anyway do as much as you can in the national park it's worth it
>>
>>1254855
Is a sleeping bag necessary?

How expensive was the total trip for you?

How were the other backpackers?

How were the locals? I heard they're far less sheisty than the Indians.

Was it worth the money and time?
>>
>>1254939

Different guy here, was there early last December.

>no
>not expensive at all

Everyone we met while hiking were pretty cool dudes. Hanging out at night drinking tea, chatting and playing cards while up in the mountains was 10/10 cozy desu, loved it.

The locals were all very friendly and easy to get along with.

Definitely worth it imo. If you don't like hiking you're gonna have a bad time though...
>>
>>1254832
>Nepal
>SEA
>>
>>1255862
The thread police aren't perfect, but they work hard and keep the board safe. Show some respect.
>>
>>1254682
I have a few treks under my belt and Nepal is most certainly my favorite. I did the annapurna circuit then up to the Mustang border region then back down to pokhara. The Mustang was absolutely amazing. But then again i have a soft spot for these dry central asia landscapes.
Pokhara is lovely. It was cheap and locals where adorable.
Kathmandu is nowhere near as enjoyable, it felt way too overgrown and dirty to me. but then again i had a very short stay here and only saw the surface.
>>
>>1254939
>Is a sleeping bag necessary?
Backpacking? No
Trecking? Absolutely Yes. Does it need to be super warm? No

>How were the other backpackers?
In Kathmandu it was a real mix. There were a decent number of hippies that moved on from SEA to India then get on to Nepal that had that typical Hippie vibe. These were probably your overall majority by a small margin. After this you had like your regular tourists that do regular touristy shit. Then you have your trecking outdoor tourist type people. These three types were main backpackers/tourists really. Out of the main cities you only have the trecking outdoor backpackers. And when you get out of the cities everything is better. The people are more friendly, the other tourists/backpackers are better, the scenery is better, etc.

>How were the locals? I heard they're far less sheisty than the Indians.
Generally fine. Not as friendly as Thai's. More friendly than Chinese for sure. Can't speak for being more friendly than Indians though as I haven't been to India.

>Was it worth the money and time?
Yes. Absolutely yes.
>>
>>1254960
We missed each other by just a hair. I was there in late November last year.
>>
>>1256203
Paul is that you
>>
Has anyone gone in August? Is the monsoon season a real issue in terms of enjoyment, particularly visibility?
>>
I'm planning on flying kathmandu to lukla and going up to hotel Everest view this October. anyone ever stayed there or gone through that route?
>>
>>1256347

I got my dates wrong, I was there in the last week of november just into december. Where did you go?
>>
>>1256781
I flew to Lukla on November 29 from Kathmandu. Namche bazaar from November 30 to December 2. Were you there at that time? In Namche I was mostly in one of the two bars that had wifi and drinks. Run by the really cool Nepalese guy with glasses.
>>
>>1256433
honestly yes. better go in spring or autumn
>>
>>1256385
Above poster here. Nope. Who is that Paul? what was is trek?
>>
Planing to go to Nepal next year, currently plan on 2 weeks of which I'd like to spend 2 days in each Kathmandu & Pokhara.

Would also like to do the Annapurna circuit (or part of it), although I do know it takes like 3 weeks to do (slight problem, yes). Can anyone tell me what shortcuts I can take in trying to make it a bit shorter (like transport to villages further along the trail).

Also anyone know what the backpacker vibe is like? I'm the type of person that enjoys hanging out in Vang Vieng & Goa just cause I can chill with other young backpackers and have some fun. Not expecting any parties but hows the general feel on the circuit and in Nepal in general?
>>
>>1257771
You will like Pokhara most likely.
To shorten the trek you can fly to and from two points midway, then the main part with Thorong la pass will take 7-8 days.
>>
>>1257795

Excellent. I have looked and it seems that i can get a ride to Chame (on the eastern approach) and a flight from Jomsom back to Pokhara but was wondering if anyone has done it themselves.
>>
File: Unbenannt-1@0,5x.png (2MB, 5031x1345px) Image search: [Google]
Unbenannt-1@0,5x.png
2MB, 5031x1345px
It was one of the best experiences of my life

Pic is from Annapurna Base Camp Trek, but scaled it down so you can't sell it lel
>>
>>1257185
He's a dutch guy i met there in pokhara, he done the annapurna circuit and chilled abit in pokhara playing guitar there for a bit
>>
Has anyone done the Everest basecamp trek? Thinking about doing that one first
>>
>>1257810
I wouldn't be able to play guitar to save my life, mate.
Out of curiosity, any of you guys went to Upper Mustang as well?
>>
>>1255920
suck a dick
>>
>>1255920
underrated kek post
>>
>>1257808
That is reassuring. I've been getting the pre trip jitters and questioning the expenses and worth of it all. I like your photos. Any chance that you would make a mobile phone wallpaper out of them?
>>
>>1258882
It's definitely worth it. And it's also getting way cheaper when booking your guide with a group. Maybe you'll find some people with the same plans in Pokhara, but you could also try websites like trekkingpartners.com

Right now I'm in Jordan and my macbook is not working, so I'm not able to edit the photos right now.. Maybe you can ask somebody at /wsr/ or something
>>
I did Poon Hill -> ABC, early December last year. No guide or porter. Was amazing, I also recommend hitting up Paddle Nepal and do the Canyoning trip.

I definitely intend to go back to Nepal and do the circuit, or Manaslu trek or something else. Kathmandu was a bit of a shock initially but I warmed to it.
>>
>>1258847
Nah mate it costs like 500 dollars to get a one week permit so i bailed, but like i said i reached the border of upper mustang and the scenery was quite different from the rest of the annapurna route, more like grey desert mountains with an arid landscape but tons of cool monasteries and pagodas here and there, i visited Kagbeni village which looks like something out of this world, plus there's a big dick statue at the entrance of the town that you should touch it and kiss it to show respect
>>
>>1258991
DESU you don't really need a guide or a porter for the trek, granted there are some parts in the annapurna natural park that require extra permits and a guide to accompany you but if you're physically decent you can do it on your own, not to mention the fact that you'll likely meet tons of people on the way and go with them.
(i started trekking alone from besisahar, in manang i was already with 8 people there from all over the world)
>>
>>1259087
Yeah that's true. For me it was my first big hike so I wanted to make sure that there's nothing to worry about. It can be quite dangerous in low season though, whilst in high season it's sometimes hard to find a free bed in one of the huts.
>>
>>1257808
I'm gonna do this trek during late oct beginning of nov this year and I'm a bit scared of the crowds and getting accommodation. When did you go? Was it really crowded? I heard stories about plenty of chinese tourists...

Amazing pics, where did you take them? Also, I like the tone and stuff, did you use a specific preset in the postprocessing or just individually processed each one?

Any thing you can share on this trek is gonna be welcome :)
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.